every year my school has an "airband", where people from school go up and play a song from a CD and pretend to play along, and sometimes do stupid little skit things... Anyway, me and my friends plan on doing it this year, and I need some song suggestions. Nothing too inappropriate (meaning lots of bad words or sexual or anything inappropriate for school). We're kinda known as 'nerds', so nerdy songs (but still kick-ass) would be awesome.

Our ideas so far are:

I am murloc - Level 70 Elite Tauren Chieftain

Revolution 9 - The Beatles

Bike - Pink Floyd

if you have any suggestions let me know, and if i like it, i'll add it to the above list

EDIT:
also, we still use real instruments and such, we really make it look like we're playing
Last edited by K Dizzle at Sep 9, 2008,
Iron Maiden- Aces High

Pink Floyd- Have a Cigar

Primus- John The Fisherman

Tenacious D- The Metal

edit: i lied, the answer to this situation is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZkllM8znx4
Quote by Stephen Colbert
Ignorance is bliss. Oedipus ruined a great sex life by asking too many questions.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Is it odd that I get an erection every time RageAgainst... posts?

President of "Colbert Nation "
Last edited by RageAgainst... at Sep 9, 2008,
Weezer, any song but I suggest Buddy Holly
grok it.

SKREAM!

Listen to jazz, it's good for you...
Quote by K Dizzle
u sir, lost 8 man points, i'm very disappointed in you....

Why? You wanted something nerdy. If that's not nerdy nothing is.
Quote by IEatOrphans
You do realize that I was just kidding?

lol, i know you were kidding, but those children are no laughing matter, that's the kind of thing that drove hitler to the holocaust....

and at brandon, no, i'm a junior in highschool.. we can have some inappropriate stuffs, but not a lot
Quote by IEatOrphans
Wait... I cum blood?

i totally would, but we'd probably get in loads of trouble
Quote by K Dizzle
lol, i know you were kidding, but those children are no laughing matter, that's the kind of thing that drove hitler to the holocaust....

and at brandon, no, i'm a junior in highschool.. we can have some inappropriate stuffs, but not a lot

I'm not saying the content of this, but the whole idea of this seems...middle schooly.
Write your own lyrics or poetry? Post them HERE for a crit.
Follow me on Twitter
Quote by K Dizzle
i totally would, but we'd probably get in loads of trouble

To get around this, say you're gonna play I Kissed a Girl, and then slip that song in and say you thought you grabbed the right one...trust me.
No matter what song you do, make sure to above all, put on a good show. Don't just be a couple of goofy guys strumming their belt buckle for three minutes then walk off. Bring props (you may want to ask first), jump around, interact with the crowd and each other. Think of what you're favorite band would do, and imitate it. If you consider yourself nerdy, then it's okay to do something completely wacky and unexpected.
Quote by terryguitar
GROW UP WE DONT NEED 2 CHEAT WHEN OUR KIDS ARE BEAUTIFUL

Quote by blynd_snyper
Ummm, petrol? Nip down to your local petrol station, buy a litre of the stuff and soak your balls in it, light them up and start playing with them.
Quote by brandon369852
I'm not saying the content of this, but the whole idea of this seems...middle schooly.

eh, i see how it sounds that way, but the way we do it isn't, some stuff i'm actually surprised we're allowed to do... in middle school we had an actual talent contest where we could really play
do voodoo child -hendrix

i will sex you if you do...

in a non-gay way
In diesem Herz hab ich die Macht.

Gear:
Fender MIM HSS Strat (Wine Red)
VOX Valvetronix VT20+
Kay K390 Acoustic
Quote by sporkface
do voodoo child -hendrix

i will sex you if you do...

in a non-gay way

lol, i understand non gay man on man sex :P

voodoo child's a pretty good idea actually
Quote by K Dizzle
lol, i understand non gay man on man sex :P

voodoo child's a pretty good idea actually

As long as it's SRV's version.
Play as an actual band. Would that get you disqualified? Anyways, you're guaranteed to win with this song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CGO9I8rmkE

Keep listening past 1:25. Most amazing guitar solo ever.
Quote by Shredder XXX
how about the way your entire country generalizes a culture by the actions of a few, citing any Americans idea of a middle eastern person.
Quote by Dinodrummer
The benny hill theme.

You mean Yakkity Sax? Hell yes!
Quote by Shredder XXX
how about the way your entire country generalizes a culture by the actions of a few, citing any Americans idea of a middle eastern person.
Quote by K Dizzle
ya, they won't let us actually play

Well, do the song I posted. Trust me, it will be amazing.
Quote by Shredder XXX
Forget the nerdy stuff, do necrophagist. That could get you and ur friends some laidness
Quote by Le_Bunny
Money doesn't fuel good music. Passion does.

Quote by TheIceCreamMan
Well, do the song I posted. Trust me, it will be amazing.

i believe that song could cause massive riots and rape sprees from the awesome it emits from the speakers. governments would be overturned, and there would be a new world order, where everyone would live in peace with one another, wearing clothing made of wheat and seaweed, while eating muffins all day long, and having massive orgies in public parks. The muffin would be worshipped, and my and my friends would be treated as kings. I thank you for your contribution.