Hi, well I read the Micing a drum set article, but it doen't discuss the kind of drum that my band uses in one of it's song, bongos. So I though I'd ask around, if the best way to mice it would be overhead, some other way, or if we should just experiment with it, thanks in advance for your help. O, and theyre the smaller bongos that you hold in your lap, if that helps.
Peta, talking to the dead, stranger danger, alt. medicine, the war on drugs, recycling, esp, conspiracy theories, and gun control are all BULLSHIT...if you've seen the show you know what I'm talking about.
I'd have condensers overhead and a dynamic near the head between them.
Amps
Mesa Dual Recto 3 Ch
Peavey 6505 Combo

Cab
ENGL E212VH Cab

Guitars
Epi Explorer
Schecter Damien 6
Squier Strat (signed by Rob Zombie!)

Pedals
ISP Decimator
Dunlop Crybaby Original
Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensenble
Boss GE-7 Equalizer
How will they function in the mix? If they're just accompaniment, I wouldn't go all over the top on it. You won't get it back in the end. Maybe a medium or small diaphragm condensor. Don't point it at the shell as much as you should point it at the head. You want to accentuate the sound of the hands on the skin, not the resonance of the shell.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.