Hello all,

So I am looking to get some new gear. I have settled on the ESP LTD-EC500 with EMG pickups. Along with purchasing a more mature looking guitar, I am looking for a new amp that also speaks to the new maturity.

I used to play metal solely, but I am looking to branch out in sound. This is where some help comes in. I don't want to purchase an amp that loses that metal punch I like, but I also want something that has some more versatility. Preferably a tube amp with a decent clean channel and under $750 would be ideal, but I am open to all suggestions.

Also, if anyone could suggest a place where I can find some sound clips to various amps, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks to all of you for your help
Used Mesa F-30? Hughes and Kettner Edition Tube? Tiny Terror? Krank Rev Jr? That's my arsenal of high gain lower wattage amps. I have played the first two, both can do blues - have not played the last two tho so I can't say what they can do.
A used F30 would be awesome and pretty versatile. Also slightly more usable volume than a 5150/6505. If I was in your position, I wouldn't get EMGs. There are plenty of great passive humbuckers that can achieve metal tones, and which have a much more organic feel for other genres.
Good luck with your amp search.

Quote by Skraeling86
That's a lot of booze. Frankly, I'm impressed. You're of a stronger timber than the average man, jimbob! Hail you.

Quote by Bubban
Yes you should go to a doctor, fucking moron. We can't do anything about your hemorrhoid.

I agree, used Mesa F-30.
Quote by Sonicxlover
Kensai, I think I'll get a flamboyant sig.

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X