would i need a seperate cabinet for the pedal?? or would i need a seprate mic amp, and i I would need a seperate amp would 15 watt guitar amplifier work??

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Rocktron-Banshee-Talk-Box?sku=154218

also tell me any other info about this talk box and that would be great haha, ive never owned or operated a talk box before and this seemed a bit safer than the older styled ones, i learned after reading i could blow up my amp head haha
talk box is just a pedal...nothing else...why another cab?
1. You're surfing the internet.
2. You're browsing through the UG forums.
3. You're reading now.
5. You didn't notice that there was no #4.
6. You just checked it.
7. Now you're having a lil smile.

Quote by hawk_kst
You Sir, have the best signature like ever!
I own a Rocktron Banshee.

Great thing about them is that they have their own built in-amplifiers so there's no need for a seperate cab.

At that, however, the only way to amplify, for a concert or show, is through a microphone
Guitars:
'11 Gibson Buckethead LP
'97 Fender Cali Series Strat
?? Samick Bass
'01 Fernandes Dragonfly Elite
Quote by Kozlic
talk box is just a pedal...nothing else...why another cab?

i was lookin at some stuff, and where it said to hook it up, i could be mistaken and i probaly am, but i thought that i read i needed to plug it into another cab or another speaker to get the sound out of there with the sound comin from the head into the first cab, but the head isnt plugged into the second cab, but the sound of the second cab comes from the preamp in the pedal

?????????

i probaly just took everything i read and ****ed it all up but what ever lol

EDIT::
Quote by bluezombie
I own a Rocktron Banshee.

Great thing about them is that they have their own built in-amplifiers so there's no need for a seperate cab.

At that, however, the only way to amplify, for a concert or show, is through a microphone

ok , so i would plug my guitar into the pedal just like normal then amp output would go to head and id be set???

so would it seriuasly be loud enuff over the guitar comin from a marshall half stack like even just at practic volumes, like 2-4
You'll need a mic, mic stand, and pa system if you wanna use it in a band. If you only want to use it for home practice by yourself you'll only need a stand for the vinyl tube. Search it up on youtube so that you'll know how it works out.

Jeeze, these talkbox threads are coming out almost every night.

EDIT: you DO NOT need another cab. You're confusing its use. It has an optional "line out" output to which you can run into a cab and use the Talkbox as a preamp. It's very likely that you won't use this option.
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
Last edited by evening_crow at Sep 10, 2008,
Quote by evening_crow
You'll need a mic, mic stand, and pa system if you wanna use it in a band. If you only want to use it for home practice by yourself you'll only need a stand for the vinyl tube. Search it up on youtube so that you'll know how it works out.

Jeeze, these talkbox threads are coming out almost every night

EDIT: you DO NOT need another cab. You're confusing its use. It has an optional "line out" output to which you can run into a cab and use the Talkbox as a preamp. It's very likely that you won't use this option..

lol maybe framptons makin a comeback huh???, maybe do i hear comes alive III??? that would be cool haha

EDIT:: so basicly it will just run fine through my normal amp??? and be fine
No man, it's not even that complicated. Imagine your pedal being the amp AND the pedal. Just plug in your guitar, crank the pedal up and rock out

I use it in my video of 'Another brick in the wall' here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0ClQ_XXKwA
Guitars:
'11 Gibson Buckethead LP
?? Samick Bass
Quote by bluezombie
No man, it's not even that complicated. Imagine your pedal being the amp AND the pedal. Just plus in your guitar, crank the pedal up and rock out

so like is it still going to give me the tone from my amp?? or will that be destroyed
Quote by eberg2
lol maybe framptons makin a comeback huh???, maybe do i hear comes alive III??? that would be cool haha

EDIT:: so basicly it will just run fine through my normal amp??? and be fine

No.

Like i said, you need a mic and pa to amplify it.

Basically, the talkbox is a miniamp. When you activate it will cut off the signal (no noise gets sent any more). It'll turn on and play the internal amp and the sound will travel through the vinyl tube until it reaches your mouth which you use to shape the sound. THIS is why you need:

- Mic: catches the sound from your mouth
- Mic Stand: keeps the mic and vinyl tube in place
- PA System: amplifies the sound

Like i said, you don't need the pa/mic if it's only for bedroom practice since it's barely loud enough for that. However, they are necessary in a live/full band situation.

Like i said, stop being lazy and search up some videos on youtube.

Quote by eberg2
so like is it still going to give me the tone from my amp?? or will that be destroyed

The amp you have now is going to be nowhere your talkbox. Your talkbox has a BUILT-IN amp, so you get the sound that the talkbox has. Here's a quick run:

Guitar goes to pedal. Pedal's built-in amplifier sends sound through the tube, the sound enters your mouth, and echoes back out, with a shaped sound depending on the sounds you make with your mouth.
Guitars:
'11 Gibson Buckethead LP
?? Samick Bass
Quote by bluezombie
The amp you have now is going to be nowhere your talkbox. Your talkbox has a BUILT-IN amp, so you get the sound that the talkbox has. Here's a quick run:

Guitar goes to pedal. Pedal's built-in amplifier sends sound through the tube, the sound enters your mouth, and echoes back out, with a shaped sound depending on the sounds you make with your mouth.

allright, but if i wanted to play like even band practice i would need a seperate microphone amp to plug that into to amplify the sound loud enuff to hear over a full band?????
Quote by bluezombie

YES. That then gets amplified with a mic/pa system.

Quote by eberg2
allright, but if i wanted to play like even band practice i would need a seperate microphone amp to plug that into to amplify the sound loud enuff to hear over a full band?????

Aren't you reading what we just said!!???

Quote by eberg2

The talkbox is about as loud as a person singing, so yes, you'll have to tie the end of the tube to a microphone, and that microphone will have to go through an amp. It would like singing into the mic, but instead it's the talkbox that the mic will pick up.

This is what the talkbox sounds like (and yes its me in the video lol)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0ClQ_XXKwA
Guitars:
'11 Gibson Buckethead LP
?? Samick Bass
Quote by bluezombie
The talkbox is about as loud as a person singing, so yes, you'll have to tie the end of the tube to a microphone, and that microphone will have to go through an amp. It would like singing into the mic, but instead it's the talkbox that the mic will pick up.

This is what the talkbox sounds like (and yes its me in the video lol)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0ClQ_XXKwA

so essentially the pedal is basicly its own amplifier and your just picking up the sound of it on a microphone to make it louder,

sorry lol, im slow with stuff like this, nice vid by the way besides the few screwups in there but anyways

so theres like no way that i could use the talkbox, then switch back to my normal amp and play through that then go back to the talkbox like mid song??
Quote by eberg2
so essentially the pedal is basicly its own amplifier and your just picking up the sound of it on a microphone to make it louder,

sorry lol, im slow with stuff like this, nice vid by the way besides the few screwups in there but anyways

so theres like no way that i could use the talkbox, then switch back to my normal amp and play through that then go back to the talkbox like mid song??

No, it doesn't work that way. I'm never using mine in a show because it would require a SEPERATE amp, other than your guitar amp. You can turn the talkbox off, and make your guitar, after, come out of the other amp. But the mic and guitar will be running off different amps.
Guitars:
'11 Gibson Buckethead LP
?? Samick Bass
Quote by bluezombie
No, it doesn't work that way. I'm never using mine in a show because it would require a SEPERATE amp, other than your guitar amp. You can turn the talkbox off, and make your guitar, after, come out of the other amp. But the mic and guitar will be running off different amps.

ya i know theyd be running on seprate amps, but could i like run it to a pedalboard with two outputs, then run the one to the talkbox to the mic amp, then the second output to the guitar amp????
Well basically, here's the talkbox's output/input setup:

INPUT (This is where your guitar goes)

TO AMP (this goes from your talkbox to your regular guitar amplifier, you may put other pedals in between here and there also)

When your talkbox is ON, you just make sure you have a working amp and microphone to pick it up, when you want to go to your regular amp, stomp the pedal off, and it will automatically redirect the signal to your guitar amp. Once you turn the pedal back on, it will cut the signal to the guitar amp.

EDIT:

I'm going to bed now. If you have any more questions, PM me and i'll respond ASAP!
Guitars:
'11 Gibson Buckethead LP
?? Samick Bass
Last edited by bluezombie at Sep 10, 2008,