Hey
Not that anyone will remember i posted a thread bout this a while ago this is an update.
Anyway the person who fixed my dads computer offered to make and sell me one of my own so i no longer have to share a computer.
Specs are:
1.8 GHZ Dual Core
2 GB ddr2 RAM
Gigabyte Mainboard
ATX Case
160 GB HDD
DVD Burner
Vista Ultimate (dont throw your opinions on vista at me, i like it)
Video card (dont know exact model but it will handle 'Aero' graphics and some games, although i dont really play games)
And photoshop CS3

I already have a monitor and the only thing i need to buy is a decent keyboard and mouse and maybe some speakers. I personally think its a good deal seing as though at this point in time i cant afford my wanted MacBook.

Anyway do you all think this is a good deal? The most "intense" application i will use is only photoshop.

Cya
GEAR
Legend LP
Nylon Acoustic
Legend 10D Amp
Korg AX3G

flickr
What brand processor? AMD or Intel? With vista ultimate included if it is a legit version I'd say its worth it
not to bad for the price but I would say to hold off if you can cause A) you get the mac you wanted or B) in a year you will be able to get a tri or quad core cheap, like now you can pick up an AMD quad core system with 5 gigs of ram for like 800
I can build the same thing in NZ for around 360NZD with a 2ghz intel 2180 dual core but thats not including photoshop or vista I'm assuming he must have ways of getting that for free...
The processor is intel. Also to gagnerants, i will buy this, then when i can afford it ill spend some time upgrading it like changin the processor and such, just for the fun of it.
GEAR
Legend LP
Nylon Acoustic
Legend 10D Amp
Korg AX3G

flickr
Well if you want to upgrade it later then I'd get a better motherboard and make sure that it can handle newer quad cores or put off the whole upgrade until you have more money.
hmm i think im gonna go with it coz it wont be the last computer i ever own and it seems like to good of a deal to pass up.
GEAR
Legend LP
Nylon Acoustic
Legend 10D Amp
Korg AX3G

flickr
Ok then but be warned that if you want to upgrade in the future you'll have to most likely replace... power supply, cpu, motherboard, graphics card..
UPDATE:
I bought it it is now here and i love it!
It is fast, the graphics run beautifully and i dont have any complaints with it at all.
GEAR
Legend LP
Nylon Acoustic
Legend 10D Amp
Korg AX3G

flickr