Every couple of minutes, pretty much periodicly, it lets out a static noise. Its the same exact static noise every time.

Its not a HUGE deal, but it bothers the **** out of me. What could be wrong with it?
probably wiring problems...
1. You're surfing the internet.
2. You're browsing through the UG forums.
3. You're reading now.
5. You didn't notice that there was no #4.
6. You just checked it.
7. Now you're having a lil smile.

Quote by hawk_kst
You Sir, have the best signature like ever!
does it do it when you play a certain cord or note? seems as though lots of people including myself had the same issue with a buzzing noise with a G note or cord. it drove me to return mine.
yeah depends on what you are talking about. An EQ pedal might fix that if it is the problem mmjohn is describing, or a new speaker maybe.

also, is your amp near other things that kick out interference? like computer monitor or florescent lights for example.
Wierd, it just recently started doing this.
Nothing triggers it like a certain cord, it just does it periodicly every couple minutes. Same exact noise
A bad cable rubbing across carpet can produce a static noise as well. Try and use a different cable and plug in directly into the amp no effects also move it to a different power outlet and if it still happens its probably something internal.
Like wise, I changed out the tubes which sorted it out
Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everybody I've ever known.

¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
do you have a cell phone near by when this happens? That is the only other thing I can think of right now outside if what Psycho mentioned.

Yes actually.. I had my phone resting on top of the amp while it was charging. It had been sitting there 2 days.

I moved the phone, let my amp chill, started playing, and... Nothing. No more sound

Sweet
lol my cell phone always messes up my amp while im playing
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808
Quote by CrackerJack465
Yes actually.. I had my phone resting on top of the amp while it was charging. It had been sitting there 2 days.

I moved the phone, let my amp chill, started playing, and... Nothing. No more sound

Sweet

glad you found it. you never know man...