Recently I've made a big change in my life.

For the past 2 and a half years I've been pretty much playing and practicing whatever I came across in my iTunes library. Whether or not it was above my skill level I practiced it.

Now a couple weeks ago I realized that I wasn't really getting anywhere too fast. I thought to myself "Well, I can play this and this, but not this.....why? It's not any harder than the other two so wtf?" Then I started thinking about play style and how surprisingly over the last 2 and a half years I've been playing I haven't really chosen. Then it hit me! I've only been playing more harder heavier stuff (i.e. Thrash and Heavy Metal) because I just thought it would be cool to play it, but I've never truly had fun playing it.

Now I've been sticking to strictly classic rock and some 80s rock too. Since then my skills have been improving everyday. I've recently learned "Just What I Needed" from The Cars (rhythm AND lead of course) and already I've pretty much perfected it and I really enjoy playing it. Now I've moved on to "Pinball Wizard" from The Who and again, near perfection and very enjoyable.

Whether Metal or Thrash wasn't my style or not, I now enjoy playing my guitar a lot more and I'm looking forward to learning more and more .
Congratulations. If you aren't going to enjoy what you play, then there's no point in doing it. Good luck with your guitar!
Thats exactly how i feel...but i love my metal and thrash...
i dont really wanna play that softer stuff but i know it would help.

Thats it im doin it...You've inspired me
Quote by Plarx
Thats exactly how i feel...but i love my metal and thrash...
i dont really wanna play that softer stuff but i know it would help.

Thats it im doin it...You've inspired me

Glad to know