Page 1 of 2
i really cnt decide on what guitar to get i was thinking either the schecter hellraiser c-1 fr or the blackjack atx c-1 fr and the jackson rr3 or kelly ke3?
I vote Hellraiser C-1
Now officially has too much gear to list

PM me if you want to know about my recording setup
Play them and find out for yourself. Don't rely on the generic UG community to decide for you... Cos you won't get the one best suited to you!
No, not as in Peavey -.-
Hellraiser C-1

But pavey is right, biased assholes like me will only direct you to guitars that work for us. Just because i like it doesn't mean you will.
This water's dark and coldGod's not where you hopedThis moment come and goneIt's time we all moved on
I'd get the Hellraiser.
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
Yeh Ive was picking between a schecter or a jackson...i played both and picked up the schecter coz it had a fatter tone (i felt anyways)
Just try them both out on the same amp and see how they feel for you.
Dont trust anybody here...lol

Its like asking...Telecaster or Razorback?
Depends what you want man
i was in about the same situation you were in, i ended up getting a jackson rr1, and i loved it, but then about a few months later i got a schecter Omen 6 too, and i love the clean tone on the jackson but the schecter was just a hell of a good deal, you get a lot for what you pay for, i say just play the shit out of them in the store and then just pick, you never know you might just end up gettin the other one too.
Here we go again...
Nathan: Go test already.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
I'd take a Jackson over a Schecter anyday. But I don't know what YOU think feels the best so you really have to try them out.
Peavey 3120
Mesa 2x12 Rectifier Cabinet
Jackson RR5
Jackson DKMG
LTD EC-1000
TC Electronic Polytune
BOSS RV-5
BOSS DD-7
MXR 10-band EQ
EHX Small Clone
Dunlop 535Q Crybaby
BOSS NS-2
Voodoo Lab Pedal Power 2+
You're going to hear Jackson fans screaming Jackson and Schecter fans screaming Schecter. Only problem is, none of us are YOU, and therefore can't really tell you which is best.

Personally, I'm a fan of Schecters, owning both a Hellraiser and a Blackjack ATX.

Try them out for yourself and see which one you like best.
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
I would go for KE3 because I love that guitar.But obviously,try it and ask yourself.
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack
Timtone acoustic
Thin vs thick neck... which do you prefer?
My Gear
ESP LTD MV-100
Crate GT15
Boss DS-1

My Profile

Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.

Albert Einstein
1879-1955
The only one of those three I've personally tried was the Jackson Kelly and I can not honestly say I was a huge fan of it. I can't say I gave it a fair trial of tone because I was just using it to test out a few pedals, but I didn't like the feel of it. It was a bit heavy for my taste, but that's something you can easily get used to. The heavier the guitar usually the greater the sustain anyway haha.
Quote by RoamingConflict
In Soviet Russia, GAS deals with you.

Quote by Lumiere Rouge
A reviewer on Amazon.com reviewing an album by the band "HiM", said that HiM is "fag metal".
Can someone explain to me what is this sub genre of fag metal? I have never heard it before.
Well the hellraiser has coil tapped EMGs, the Blackjack has Blackouts, the RR is a V shape and has seymour duncan JB and jazz pickups. It depends on what you think you like the look and most importantly, feel of.
Quote by sinister midget
Jackson is a wannabe metalboys guitar.

Schecter is better and more versatile.

hurt THIS.

that post was the most epic fail ever. jackson guitars were the first ever "metal guitars"(they were originally called Charvel's at the time, they are the same thing). Charvel/jackson started the superstrat trend. if it wasn't for jackson we wouldnt have schecters, esp's, ibanez and many other superstrat designs
Quote by sinister midget
Jackson is a wannabe metalboys guitar.

Schecter is better and more versatile.

hurt THIS.

That's why no schecter is over 999$

What's funny, the schecter company used to just make parts for guitars, back in the 80's etc.

Jacksons were already stirring up a storm. I say Jackson, but you might like crap guitars *cough* schecter *cough*
Quote by nan0
What's funny, the schecter company used to just make parts for guitars, back in the 80's etc.

Of course, then they moved on to making custom guitars as a higher-quality alternative to Fenders. So . . . those were literally superstrats.

Believe it or not, Schecter know what they're doing. Personally I like both companies equally, but on this one I would go with the Hellraiser, definitely.
Quote by mrvile

This is UG, we love Schecters and Ibanez and Jacksons, we hate Deans and BCR's, we hate Marshall MG's, and everyone needs a new amp.
As said 1034713x already, go try them out yourself.

I personally have a blackjack ATX FR and i love it.
Fender MIM Strat

Schecter C-1 Blackjack ATX FR

Line 6 Spider III 75 (Upgrading to Bugera 6262 soon)
Quote by nan0
That's why no schecter is over 999$

Jacksons were already stirring up a storm. I say Jackson, but you might like crap guitars *cough* schecter *cough*

Schecter actually made very good parts for other companies. So much so that people started making their own entire guitars out of Schecter parts.

Schecter saw that and so then they decided to go the next step, and start making guitars. The rest is, as they say, history.

I'm not a big fan of Jackson, and I've tried a number of 'em. If you were to ask me, I personally think Schecters are tons better than Jacksons and that Jackson's are crap. That's my opinion though, and everyone's entitled to their own.

Instead of putting tons of faith in other people's opinions, people should try making their own. Use other's opinions as things to look out for, or expect, but don't base your opinion of a guitar entirely on everyone else's thoughts without trying 'em for yourself.
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
Last edited by Hakael at Sep 11, 2008,
Quote by ironman1478
that post was the most epic fail ever. jackson guitars were the first ever "metal guitars"(they were originally called Charvel's at the time, they are the same thing). Charvel/jackson started the superstrat trend. if it wasn't for jackson we wouldnt have schecters, esp's, ibanez and many other superstrat designs

Why is it a FAIL?

All you metalboy wannabes come all over them. That is a TRUE statement.

FAIL. HURT. HEAL.
Quote by Hakael
Schecter actually made very good parts for other companies. So much so that people started making their own entire guitars out of Schecter parts.

Schecter saw that and so then they decided to go the next step, and start making guitars. The rest is, as they say, history.

I'm not a big fan of Jackson, and I've tried a number of 'em. If you were to ask me, I personally think Schecters are tons better than Jacksons and that Jackson's are crap. That's my opinion though, and everyone's entitled to their own.

Instead of putting tons of faith in other people's opinions, people should try making their own. Use other's opinions as things to look out for, or expect, but don't base your opinion of a guitar entirely on everyone else's thoughts without trying 'em for yourself.

Looks to me you have only played JS series, maybe X series, and bad set up pro series?
If you ever even played a Jackson...
Quote by weebl&bob
Looks to me you have only played JS series, maybe X series, and bad set up pro series?
If you ever even played a Jackson...

Maybe crap was too strong of a word, but I've tried Kellys, SLs, and plenty all up AND down their product line. I simply prefer Schecter. I just like the way they feel better, and I find very few guitars over the $1500 to really be worth the money.

People are going to be different and are going to like different things. If you like Jackson above all the others, good for you! Play what you want and what feels right to you, not to the person standing next to you.
I would get a Schecter if it didnt come with those active pups, they really need more models with passives, same for ESP.
It's all down to personal preference. I'm not particularly biased to either company as I prefer Ibanez but it is because I prefer Ibanez that in this case I'd go for Jackson. The few Schecters I've tried have always felt a little too chunky on the neck but that's just me.
Gibson Les Paul Studio with Catswhiskers pickups
PRS SE 'Floyd' Custom 24 with Creamery pickups
Fender Standard Stratocaster with DiMarzio pickups
Takamine GN30
BluGuitar AMP1
Quote by sinister midget
Why is it a FAIL?

All you metalboy wannabes come all over them. That is a TRUE statement.

FAIL. HURT. HEAL.

Actually on this forum it seems all the 13 year old metal wannabes are getting schecter's so they they can be like their hero synster gates or whatever the **** that emo's name is.
Gear
Jackson Dinky DKMGT Transparent Black
Last edited by Copilot911 at Sep 11, 2008,
Quote by Copilot911
Actually on this forum it seems all the 13 year old metal wannabes are getting schecter's so they they can be like their hero synster gates or whatever the **** that emo's name is.

This sounds like something a 13 metal wannabe would post. I understand alot of people don't like A7X but they're deffinatley not emo or even close to it. Idiot.

Anyway, I prefer schecter over jackson. They feel much more solid than jacksons plus have more original designs where as the only jackson designs that I care for are the rhoades v and the kelly. I just don't care for the basic superstrat design but lots of people do. You just gotta try them both out and decide for yourself.
Last edited by Luke200420 at Sep 13, 2008,
Quote by Luke200420

Anyway, I prefer schecter over jackson. They feel much more solid than jacksons plus have more original designs where as the only jackson designs that I care for are the rhoades v and the kelly. I just don't care for the basic superstrat design but lots of people do. You just gotta try them both out and decide for yourself.

Didn't jackson (back when it was charvel) make the first super strats though? Schecter also originally made replacement parts, and ended up realizing that their parts were so good, they should just make their own guitars. I would imagine jackson is more original in body design maybe that's just me.

Anyways, nathan, man we cannot stress enough how much you need to go to a store and try these babies out.
Quote by Luke200420

Jackson was the first to come out with superstrats. They also invented the Warrior shape, RR, Kelly, KingV (i think that gibson was earlier though with their V shape, but its not really the same).

And Schecter?
well....

erm...

LP dubblecut styled guitars and superstrats? And they stole that from...................... Gibson and Jackson!

And tbh, Jacksons feel way more solid then schecters imo. Better overall quality (thats plain objective), better craftmanship (Japan/USA), better LFR's, and the OFR's are schallers, except on the SL3.
The trems on shecters are crap LFR's, or SL3-alike OFR's, who are made in China or Korea i think.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Last edited by LP_CL at Sep 13, 2008,
The Schecters I own, and have played have been fine guitars.

Never had a single thing to bitch about.

My Devil Custom stays in tune for a VERY long time, and plays like a dream.

Too many of you guys are just on a bandwagon.
^seems to me you are the one on the bandwagon. You give your appreciated opinion, but only based on your personal favor for the brand schecter. LP_CL made some remarks that are objectively true. Schecter isnt really famus for their quality control and for their used materials. And its true that japanese and certainly USA craftwork is a lot better then craftmanship from South Korea.
lol
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
ew! schecters are nasty. feel wise at least. go play it yourself. people like me hate schecters and love jacksons. people who like schecters love schecters and hate jacksons. opposite guitars pretty much
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
Page 1 of 2