I've got a BC Rich WMD SOB guitar, and the pickups are too trebly for my liking, so I'm thinking of changing the bridge pickup to Duncan SH-8 Invaders. I play almost exclusively metal, and I like Nile's tone enough to spend money on emulating it.
Good idea? Bad idea?
I use a Microcube, so no need to do what is normally done to people who think that the problem with their tone is their pickups, not their MG15CD.
Thanks.
Quote by djurico666
I like to think that after all the hardcore dancers were happy they'd succesfully killed the air ninjas during Suicide Silence, Nile came out and made them all go

Quote by bendystraw
Work on playing with your penis. A dick solo would bring infinite girlfriends.
dimarzio dsonic in the bridge with the blade toward the bridge and an air norton in the nceck.
The Microcube is a nice practice amp, but even so it really doesn't care what pickups you use - if you can't get the sound you want out of the Microcube changing the pickups won't help. You'd be better off buying an EQ pedal but ultimately you've just outgrown the amp and it's time to start looking for a new one.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
The Microcube is a nice practice amp, but even so it really doesn't care what pickups you use - if you can't get the sound you want out of the Microcube changing the pickups won't help. You'd be better off buying an EQ pedal but ultimately you've just outgrown the amp and it's time to start looking for a new one.

agreed!

Quote by steven seagull

+1

Also, Invaders are awful.
I forgot to say, I have a Boss GE-7, and have played around with the EQ, and in the end, I think the Rockfield pickups on my guitar are the problem...
But, it seems that the general consensus is that Invaders are not the way to go, so I'll look into the DiMarzios.
Any other advice would help, cheers.
Quote by djurico666
I like to think that after all the hardcore dancers were happy they'd succesfully killed the air ninjas during Suicide Silence, Nile came out and made them all go

Quote by bendystraw
Quote by steven seagull

+2
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by steven seagull

+3. nicely said.
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC
Quote by steven seagull

+1

Now if we can only get the TS to listen to these words of wisdom...
Doubtful, to most people it seems like the amp is never the problem.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Righto then, what amp would get a tone similar to Nile's?
Budget is about $250 AUD. Tight, I know.
Quote by djurico666

Quote by bendystraw
Last edited by mrbean667 at Sep 11, 2008,