I have no idea where to start, I'm looking for the a distortion sound similar to the deftones. Here is an example of the distortion I am after:

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=B9S_gKcTuwU .

Is there a single distortion pedal that fits that description?

I am fairly new to effects and stuff so I don't know really how I could find it.

Says he uses a DigiTech RP80 but I am not sure if I want to buy another multieffects unit as I already have a GT-10, but the distortions on that aren't what I'm after.

Also I am looking for a really good reverb pedal, something similar to Dredg.

Could anyone help please?

Thanks.
a g e a h

2008 Fender Telecaster Jeff Buckley Replica
Ibanez AXS-32
Boss GT-10
Bugera 333XL
Bugera 412H-BK Cab
don't really have one, maybe 400-500
a g e a h

Ibanez AXS-32
Boss GT-10
Bugera 333XL
Bugera 412H-BK Cab
Well i seem to recall an interview with the guy from deftones a while ago that he used a Zvex Fuzz Factory or a Zvex Wooly Mamoth, so look into those.

However a reverb pedal, i've not heard Dredg, but i imagine the EHX Holy Grail would supply more than enough reverb for it

EDIT: Checking that video, that tone is awful, but i also suggest looking into the Zvex box of metal for a metal tone that can be used with great versatility.

What amp are you playing through?
Quote by ClementWave

What amp are you playing through?

+1
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
A bugera 333xl
a g e a h

Ibanez AXS-32
Boss GT-10
Bugera 333XL
Bugera 412H-BK Cab
You have a GT-10. Either your amp sucks or you don't know how to use it properly. Search for a deftones patch for your gt-10
Quote by John Petrucci
When it comes to practicing, I would spend about 63 hours a day
A "distortion pedal" doesn't make it's own sound. It adds to the sound of what it's going through. I can't stress this enough to "which pedal for xxxx band?" people.
These go to eleven...
Quote by ageah
A bugera 333xl

Stop using the distortions on the GT10 and use the amps distortion then.

You might want to muck around with the EQ on the GT10 though, IIRC the Deftones have a kind of lo-fi vibe going on. You don't need any more pedals, you just need to learn how to use the stuff you alredy have.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Last edited by steven seagull at Sep 10, 2008,
Dang...with NO effects I can totally get a DefTones sound outta mine.

I might add...the 333XL has GREAT reverb too!

(Side Note: Everytime you fire up the amp, you again have push the reverb button for each channel...and I noticed you can change the amount of reverb for each channel as well...and when you switch back and forth it will remember the settings accordingly)
nice bands. EHX Holy Grail for Dredg kinda reverb.

For Deftones, Stef's got either a Marshall JMP-1 and an ADA MP-1 as the sources of his distortion through Marshall power amps. Since you've got a decently high gain amp, you should be able to get that sound.

Hint though; don't use a crapload of gain, crank it up a bit. If the Bugera's are basically Peavey copies, you should get semi-close to the Deftones sound on your own.