Page 1 of 2
Okay, give your tips here on how to become UG Famous.

I may not be very Famous on UG but I'm nt that bad considering I'm an April 2008er and I have some tips that I haven't used.

- Complete your profile AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE!, it helps.
- Join a bunch of groups who have famous UGers
- Okay this is not easy, Make an EPIC thread or make a new version of a thread that used to be epic.
- Get a UNIQUE yet recognisable avatar.
- Get a sig quoting someone who is UG Famous or quoting a hilarious post
- Add tons of friends and add everyone who you think is UG Famous and comment their profile.
- Make a bunch of contributions to get a high UG rank
- this is hard to do, get someone or many people to sig you so that your name goes wherever they go.
- and post in any thread you see, spend a lot of time posting.

I know, a bunch of you have what it takes to be as famous as Kenai, black zeppelin or whoever else, just do your best, share tips here.
I've done none of that
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
I was rated 8.8 or something in the UG famous thread, and I don't think I've done any of that except for the avatar.
This is like one of those "How to get rich"-lists. Bunch of fancy words, but they never work, now do they?

I'd be a millionare by now if they did.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
Doing those things means you're trying to hard. And people will realise you're trying too hard.

There's no need to be "UG famous" but it's nice to have a few people on here you can chat to regularly or argue shit with.
Quote by Demon Wolf
This is like one of those "How to get rich"-lists. Bunch of fancy words, but they never work, now do they?

I'd be a millionare by now if they did.

Instead of a poor man, with a rather large bookshelf
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
Quote by meh!
Instead of a poor man, with a rather large bookshelf

That's the truth.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
Quote by Tom_hatton
I was rated 8.8 or something in the UG famous thread, and I don't think I've done any of that except for the avatar.
You posted twelve times in that thread. Think about that. That's trying far too hard.
TS, no offense, but makes you sound pretty desperate if you want to be famous on an internet forum
i know it doesn't all work but I kow some UGers thanks to their awesome avatars (like denn and his tripping penguine, or slooj and his pedobair avatar) and Kensai is in a ton of groups and makes EPIC posts and has a big friends list, alot of these things can help.
Quote by fender_696
TS, no offense, but makes you sound pretty desperate if you want to be famous on an internet forum
He just sent me a friend request
Quote by smb
Doing those things means you're trying to hard. And people will realise you're trying too hard.

There's no need to be "UG famous" but it's nice to have a few people on here you can chat to regularly or argue shit with.

i agree with you. On the other side, you dont need to be UG famous, just to be happy with your life outside UG.

oh wait.... is that why he wants to be UG famous?
Quote by fender_696

lol, f you look at me you can see that I've not (yet) done all of that, and anyway, being famous on UG is great for promoting your band.
Quote by smb
You posted twelve times in that thread. Think about that. That's trying far too hard.

Did I? Damn.
Or, you could just be awesome.

But seeing as none of you are me, that's highly unlikely.

PROTIP: Form a group that is against something most of UG loves, give it military and possibly fascist connotations, and link to it in your sig. Epic lulz result. Trust me.
Quote by smb
He just sent me a friend request

I did, I have ardly any friends in my prfile, sent a request to one or two UGers I like
Quote by thedefrockednun
I know, a bunch of you have what it takes to be as famous as Kenai, black zeppelin or whoever else, just do your best, share tips here.

Quote by Kensai
I've done none of that

TS - you PHAIL!
Quote by RoamingConflict
This one dream involved me, one random girl, midgets and a pie.

...and midgets ended up f*cking her. I got the pie.

and also with this thread, I by no means wanted to say that I wanna be UG famous, I just saw the awards thread with a bunch of UGers who seemed annoyed that nobody new them lol.
Quote by fender_696

yep
Beauty Supreme

Yeah you were right about me
why would someone want to be famous on a guitar forum? Why don't you grab your guitar and practice a song instead?
lol I don't wanna be famous, I just made a thread for those who want to be famous, I'm not UG faous and it doesn't bother me, I just realised tht some people are famous on UG for strange reasons.
Quote by thedefrockednun
lol, f you look at me you can see that I've not (yet) done all of that, and anyway, being famous on UG is great for promoting your band.

It's really not...

Well, I wouldnt know, not being "UG famous" as you like to put it.

But if you want to promote your band go out and do gigs. Not sit at a computer
We all know the quickest way to becoming famous on UG is to post a story on how you and and some mates sat in a circle and masturbated together.

... what?
Quote by Ichikurosaki
Quote by Shelflife
Pretend you're a girl.

oh hai, i'm a girl!

BigFatSandwich did that and it worked lol.
I couldn't care less how famous I am here on UG. Same in the real world. Anything in my profile is more than likely from my facebook. Friend requests I usually just accept, but have never made any. I join groups very rarely.

I only really come here for banter with other UK UGers and to laugh at everybody else!
Quote by saphrax
I couldn't care less how famous I am here on UG. Same in the real world. Anything in my profile is more than likely from my facebook. Friend requests I usually just accept, but have never made any. I join groups very rarely.

I only really come here for banter with other UK UGers and to laugh at everybody else!

I agree with that, although i would lik to update some of the music thats in my profile because for the most part it is very out-dated (by 2 years)
Quote by Symmetry4321
I agree with that, although i would lik to update some of the music thats in my profile because for the most part it is very out-dated (by 2 years)

I can't be arsed putting music on there at all! Too much effort for something so unimportant!
^ You have a rather nice blues jam track up though How much effort would it take to just solo over the top of that for 3 minutes?
Quote by Vermintide
^ You have a rather nice blues jam track up though How much effort would it take to just solo over the top of that for 3 minutes?

Haha, yeah, I saw a thread somewhere here with somebody asking for one. I'd already made it, so I thought, why not.

Not a lot of effort to play for 3 mins at all! No getting repetitive is the hard part!
Quote by Shelflife
Pretend you're a girl.

oh hai, i'm a girl!

This works haha
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
Turn gay, and CONSTANTLY REMIND PEOPLE OF THIS FACT.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Quote by rabidguitarist
Turn gay, and CONSTANTLY REMIND PEOPLE OF THIS FACT.

Oh wow, I have no idea who you could be referring to here.
I got a 9 on the how famous UGer thing. I don't know if that really counts for much.

Make controversial threads/funny threads (take a look at mine). I think most people on here either love me or hate me.

I don't think I'm really that famous though.

edit: now that I think about it, what's the point of being famous on a guitar forum?? I just don't care that much...
Quote by Vagabond21
edit: now that I think about it, what's the point of being famous on a guitar forum?? I just don't care that much...

I've made tons of fans for my music off this website, that it's totally worth it.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Quote by rabidguitarist
I've made tons of fans for my music off this website, that it's totally worth it.

Dude, you're such a sellout
Quote by Kensai
I've done none of that

You've done pretty much all of that.
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████

You'll Never Walk Alone