My main (read: only) amp so far has been a 1989 Gorilla GG-20. It's a reliable little amp with a decent sound at low volumes - if you don't go crazy with the "tube stack" onboard distortion.
But since I believe it's time for a long delayed upgrade, I was thinking about getting a small and affordable amp with good cleans and some warmth to the tone. I am with my finger on the trigger on buying the Harley Benton GA-15 from Thoman. It's an all tube 15w combo, with 3 band EQ and an effects loop. Plus it has a 10 inch speaker (the Gorilla has 6.5). Not to mention it's only around 150 euros.
So I would like your insight on this... does it sound like a notable and worthwhile upgrade? Has anyone tried this amp? I play mainly blues and some classic rock.

I would be using it with a reverb and some mild overdrive pedals. Let me know what you think :-)
lol i actually thought you were going to kill a gorilla and sell it to poachers or something for money so you could buy a harley davidson... shows how much i know
Quote by Jaymz_515
I pretend I'm a huge spider laying eggs, then when I flush the toilet I fall to floor screaming "MY CHILLLDRENN!! NOOOO!"

If you're flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit.
- Mitch Hedberg
Quote by Jacoiskoby
lol i actually thought you were going to kill a gorilla and sell it to poachers or something for money so you could buy a harley davidson... shows how much i know

same... although they might have wanted that. did you?
yea, it'd definateky be a good move as long as you dont want to play metal
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
I own one. I really like how it sounds. All tube with FX loop for 150Euros is hard to beat. It is a much warmer, better sounding amp than many others I've tried in that price range. It takes pedals well IMO. It can get really LOUD. I use mine to gig and at band rehearsal. I don't regret buying at all.
I have a GA 5 and its my main home amp. It's really great. GA 15 may be al ittle loud for home use, but i highly recommend the GA5. Be sure to get an OD pedal so you can nail some sweet marshally mid-level gain
The cleans are just fine IMO. I play a Gibson LP, and straight into the amp gives me really good warm, clean tones. Place your favorite OD/DIST pedal in front of it and rock on! I also own the GA-5 head. It sounds good as well, but I don't like the fact that it doesn't have a FX loop. I prefer the 3 band EQ on the GA-15 combo.
Go for it. Gorilla is one of the worst amp makers ever.
Quote by Sonicxlover
Kensai, I think I'll get a flamboyant sig.

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X