Now I'm not sure when I'm going to get one but I'm really looking into a 7 string. So when I have the money I'm going to buy one, but which ones are good? I'm not very knowledgeable about 7 strings so I'll need some help. Not looking for over a grand, maybe around $700-800 max. These are what I was looking at:

Schecter C-7 Blackjack

Schecter C-7 Hellraiser

Schecter Damien-7

Ibanez S7230

Ibanez RG7321 (Cheap but if its got a lot of bang for the buck I might look into it)

Those are the only ones I found. Now I've never played an Ibanez but I've always wanted to check them out. I have a Schecter and love the way it plays. So I'm just looking for a good bang for your buck guitar. I'm not looking for top of the line or anything its just going to be a mess around guitar when I feel like playing 7 string.

I'll use it to play anything from Dream Theater to Trivium, to say some Rusty Cooley type stuff. Any input is great, I'm just getting ready for when I want to buy
ibanez is pretty close to schecter. i tried one out before i bought my checter off ebay cause it has pretty much the same stuff on it.
Well your best bet is the best schecter you can afford, which I think is the hell raiser, the Ibys have thinner necks and although play great, might not be what your looking for, I suggest trying out a few schecters and Ibys in the same sitting to compare neck sizes and what feels good. You will also need to complare S series and RG series Iby 7 strings, as they play differently.

You might be able to push the boat out for a RG1527 if you decide to go with Ibanez, and they're great but about $1000 ish new.

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
Thanks everybody I'll try to go to guitar center and play some 6 strings of these models and see which plays best. And if they have the 7 Strings I'll play them aswell. And I never knew ESP made a 7 string, I <3 my LTD its great, my go to guitar. I might have to check that out too then
ibanez S7320 is amazing
got mine the other day
really love it

but i hav an LTD MH400 NT (6 string)
ESP make amazing guitars and you could go for a Viper 407
no idea on the price tho mate
I think I'm pretty much looking for the hellraiser c-7. I went to local guitar shop and talked about it and they gave me a really good deal on one cause my dad knows the owner, so thats the one I'm aiming at Plus it was the only one that had everything that I think is nice, active pickups, OFR, that transparent red finish that I love, and it has very nice inlays and bindings.
For me, when it comes to buying a guitar, quality comes first.

Provided it's within reasonable price range.

I have about 2100 CDN in my bank and a JEM777VH is about 2500.

I have to take into account my income over the next littlewhile.

So save up and go for the one that you really want.

Play them first of course.
hue