Guys, I'm considering changing the humbucker pick-up in my Yamaha Pacifica to a single coil (probably Lace Sensor Gold) to basically make it into a strat.
Is it just a case of taking out the humbucker and throwing in the new SC pup, or do I need to worrry about electrics and whatnot.
Anything else I need to worry about???
Yamaha Pacifica 112
Tanglewood TW15NS
Line6 Spider III 15w (playing into the MP3/CD input = bypass all the Spider processing)
Boss DD-3
DigiTech RP500

My other passion in life My Site
You'd need a new pickguard too.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
care to tell me why??
Yamaha Pacifica 112
Tanglewood TW15NS
Line6 Spider III 15w (playing into the MP3/CD input = bypass all the Spider processing)
Boss DD-3
DigiTech RP500

a single coil pickup can't fit into the humbucker slot. in case you didnt notice, the humbucker is larger. unless you get a humbucker-sized single coil, you gotta get a new pickguard.
Fender American Vintage '62 Jaguar
Fender Crafted in Japan '62 Telecaster
THD Flexi-50 + Vox V112HTV Handwired Cab
Quote by lithium26
a single coil pickup can't fit into the humbucker slot. in case you didnt notice, the humbucker is larger. unless you get a humbucker-sized single coil, you gotta get a new pickguard.

The purpose of replacing the pickguard is to cover the hole left by the wider humbucker, right?
Yamaha Pacifica 112
Tanglewood TW15NS
Boss DD-3
DigiTech RP500

Exacly - you *can* get humbucker sized enclosures for singles but they look kind of ugly to me.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
So all I need is me nice new SC, a soldering iron and new pick gaurd. Nothing else to worry about??
Yamaha Pacifica 112
Tanglewood TW15NS
Boss DD-3
DigiTech RP500