Hello good people

Today i received my CC analog delay. Its brand new but there was no manual in the box ( long story...).

anyway, I need to know whether my pedal is BROKEN or its just me who's not setting it correctly.

took out the bottom panel cover, 9V in, put cover & screws back on...plug in my cables...voila....the main LED lighted up. HOWEVER, it would NOT switch off. the switch does not depress all the way, even if i push it hard. it hasthis kinda loose feel to it.
this is my very first MXR pedal ( all my other oness are BOSS). theres a washer and some sort of threaded part on the switch . is it suppose to be there??

what am i not doing right here?

Thanks!
take the back off again and hold the switch while you tighten it down. it might be loose enoug h that when you press it, the switch physically pushes into the body. try that.
Amps:
Crate V3112
Mesa Mk IVB

Guitars:
Ibanez SZ320
BC Rich Mockingbird Special X
Michael Kelly Patriot Custom

Effects:
Too Many to list.
It could be a bad switch. Don't forget to adjust the regen pot inside to suit your taste. Maybe exchange it if that's a possibility?
yeah

im pretty sure its a bad switch. *sigh* am disappointed that something this expensive ( to me at least) has QC issues. but the pedal itself sounds gorgeous....
Quote by SongX
yeah

im pretty sure its a bad switch. *sigh* am disappointed that something this expensive ( to me at least) has QC issues. but the pedal itself sounds gorgeous....

Seems like almost everything has quality control issues though. You're not the only one who's had a problem with it. BUT, when you get one this IS a champ, they are the best organic sounding delay pedal at that price point. Good luck with your exchange man. Sorry yours is messed up.
Quote by SongX
yeah

So either than this little setback, you'd recommend this pedal? 'Cause I'm in the market for a good delay, and was told to check this out. Is it very versatile? How much did you pay?

As for your issue, I had that problem with one of my pedals once, but it started working again after I used it more and kept stomping on it. Probably not a good idea, but then again, this was a BOSS pedal, not MXR.
Quote by XxGibsonSGxX
So either than this little setback, you'd recommend this pedal? 'Cause I'm in the market for a good delay, and was told to check this out. Is it very versatile? How much did you pay?

As for your issue, I had that problem with one of my pedals once, but it started working again after I used it more and kept stomping on it. Probably not a good idea, but then again, this was a BOSS pedal, not MXR.

I highly recommend it. even on my cheap Roland M Cube with even cheaper squire, this little baby makes the most otherworldly, dark delays ( before i was using the BOSS DD-3).

I havent had the chance to test it thoroughly in terms of versatility though, but i reckon, reading the online reviews & youtube demos, you can do a wide range of stuff on this baby.

I paid USD149.90 for it, list price at Guitar Center. see if you can try the pedal first before you buy it, to avoid problems like these.
Quote by TheEsupremacy
Seems like almost everything has quality control issues though. You're not the only one who's had a problem with it. BUT, when you get one this IS a champ, they are the best organic sounding delay pedal at that price point. Good luck with your exchange man. Sorry yours is messed up.

yeah thanks, i wrote to dunlop & probably give them a call tomorrow.
update:

Hi ,

Thank you very much for all the information you sent regarding the switch
problem with your M-169. Please email us you shipping address and we will
send you out a replacement pedal as soon as we receive this information.

I am sorry for the problem with your pedal but we will make sure that you
get a replacement pedal. No need to send your Pedal back to us however, I
will also send you a replacement switch for your broken switch. If you can
have someone replace your switch in Malaysia you will end up having two of
these pedals but it is the least I can do for your inconvenience.

Sincerely,

Abraham Hammad
Technical Support
Dunlop Manufacturing, Inc.
707-745-2722

Thank you dunlop!
ill buy one? the broken one? DIBS!!!
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808