between mesa boogie single, dual, and triple rectifier heads tone wise?

or is there no difference?
they just have more channels or something?

cheers
MD5K
IBANEZ
The single recto has a solid-state rectifier, the others have valve ones (if I remember correctly)
I do believe the single sounds a bit different from the others - the dual and the triple sound pretty much alike, although the added wattage does have an effect. The single has a solid state rectifier, and you can switch between solid state and tube rectifiers on the dual and triple (I think).
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
I'm pretty sure the dual and triple have switchable solid state and tube rectifiers.
so that would definately sound different then if it has a solid state rectifier?
MD5K
IBANEZ
Quote by TORSION
so that would definately sound different then if it has a solid state rectifier?

I think the difference isn't that big. A SS rectifier gives you faster attack which is desirable for metal, while a tube rectifier sags behind a little bit.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
^ I agree, To me it seems like Tube Rectifiers seem to swell, when hit the note on your guitar, the note is comes through the amp instantly, but gets louder a little louder after you hit the note, kinda hard to explain, try it out. SS is ussually used for metal when they get a rectifier.
Quote by Cachao

Johnbryant you are obviously a genius

My Gear
Custom USA Standard Telecaster
Peavey Triple XXX 212 Combo
Peavey MS412 Cab Celestion G12K-85's
POD 2.0 (the ultimate practice setup)
Guild DV6
^^^

yep, tube rectifiers cause a voltage drop in the power supply circuit causing the peak volume of your note to come after you initially play it causing notes to bloom rather than jump. This is what cuases notes to sag on low notes.
so it affects the attack speed..
solid state faster, tube slower..

and solid state is better for metal..?
MD5K
IBANEZ