Page 1 of 2
No, not the Kreator song, the absolute KILLER death metal band. Dreaming With The Dead is one of the most original and brutal albums of all time. Shaune Kelley and Erik Rutan used to play with these guys, so the guitarwork is absolutely off the charts.

A link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ugq-qeLLSzc&feature=related

Discuss.

LET ME TELL YOU A TWISTED STORY!
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
One of those bands I keep hearing about but never got to actually hearing.

I like.
Come on yiz noobs, post in a thread about a good band so you can check them out, instead of wanking over your neoclassical shite.
Quote by Ultraussie

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
Quote by Stranglehold
Come on yiz noobs, post in a thread about a good band so you can check them out, instead of wanking over your neoclassical shite.

Neoclassical niggers are cool
Great band, I'm listening to Dreaming With the Dead right now.
Quote by dminishedthingy
It didn't seem possible, but apparently Messiah can spam even more now.

Quote by \Powerslave/
I can see it now. "Dark Thrones and Black People".

Quote by \Powerslave/
I pretty much wank something small and sleek.

ololololololol

JOIN THE NEKROGESTAPO!
Dreaming With The Dead has slimed its way into my top 5 albums of all time....just such a unique album.
Quote by Ultraussie

Quote by Ingested
Scott Ruth's lyrics are so savage:

There’s a house on a bleak New England lane
Standing in contempt of our disdain
Hidden beneath its aged floors
Lies a best forgotten door
That leads to

Decrepid steps, wretched depths
Deep horrors left unquestioned
Perverted forms in gleeful scorn
Of things human an dreverential
Reptilian skins writhe in sin
Forsake humanity for beastiality
Sickening shapes, aberrations
Intensified by generations

Tongues flagellating, bodies undulating
In an orgy of glorious depravity
Perversions slithering, morals withering
In an orgy of glorious depravity

There’s a house on a bleak New England lane
Standing in contempt of our disdain
Hidden beneath its aged floors
Lies a best well forgotten door
Quote by Ultraussie

Quote by Ingested
I'm in the mood for some Old school DM, let me go find Dream with the Dead...
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 1: Viking helmets did not have horn.
Viking fact no. 2: Vikings tobogganed on their shields into battle.
Viking fact no. 3: Vikings drank mead.
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
^Sorry I stole your thunder.
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
Quote by Stranglehold
Come on yiz noobs, post in a thread about a good band so you can check them out, instead of wanking over your neoclassical ****e.

Bah! You bastard, you! Same with Webb, I hear so much about this band, but not the band itself, high time I listen.

I like much. That first minute in that song you linked....woah.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
This is really great. I agree about the guitar work. very well done.
Quote by Steve08
Acid probably makes you feel less like a hedonistic raver piece of trash, too.

It's great, I gotta get this album.
Hope is the worst of evils, for it prolongs the torment of man
TS, your first sentence answered all questions I had about this thread. Way to go man.
SCALD
Quote by Phill-Rock
That, or being absolutely broke - though you always find money for cigarettes, then end up even more broke.

so true ^.

Quote by smb
I think it's a type of fish.

PM me for GP5

Just noticed the hick head on Scott Ruth!
Quote by Ultraussie

Quote by Ingested
Thomas looks absolutely stoned in that picture.

Ripping Corpse are good. Not super-duper amazing, but still good. Much better than Hate Eternal.
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
Quote by tehbensonzorz
Rift of Hate
that is all

Always got a Domination feel of that, perhaps a sign of riffs to come that hed write for Morbid Angel?
Quote by Ultraussie

Quote by Ingested
I was about to make a new topic just to gush a bit about these guys, but just saw this gem of an old thread.

I was just listening to Dreaming with the Dead a few minutes ago, and I realized that this album is the long-lost blueprint that contemporary tech death bands should be following, but aren't. Unpredictable song structures? Check. For an album so catchy (not a word you hear often to describe DM, but some of the songs on here really are pretty memorable), the tracks on DwtD are constantly shifting at breakneck speed, and don't give the listener much of a foothold. Instrumental wankery? Got that. Erik Rutan is an astoundingly talented guitarist, and his leads are a major focus of the album, yet they always exist to serve the song. Inventiveness? Rutan's playing is a pretty refreshing change from the usual Slayer-inspired whammy-bar rape solos found in most DM, so that's covered too. And at 35 minutes in length, it's just about the perfect length for an extreme metal album--short and to the point without (too much) filler.

This concludes my rant. Apologies for long-windedness --I'm high atm.
Really good stuff. I need this album.
Uncle Vernon, Uncle Vernon,
independent as a hog on ice,
He's a big shot down there at the slaughterhouse,
Plays accordion for Mr. Weiss
Quote by Dotpunker89

That was so stupid it is funny.

Aye indeed, it happens to violate rule #1 of the Metal Listener's handbook, "Never question the status of classic bands, you must all like the same core bands and expand from there."
Last edited by NosferatuZodd09 at Jan 4, 2010,
Never, ever get tired of this album - Actually what version are youre lads albums? Mine says Kraze Maze records...
Quote by Ultraussie

Quote by Ingested
can't say I've bought it yet as I've had limited resources for the longest time -lately I've gone on a small CD buying binge-

definitely among my fav US DM bands though, I tend to put it up there with Morgue's Eroded Thoughts
http://www.sendspace.com/file/3fjgh5

This may or may not be apocryphal, but according to this guy it's their unreleased 1992 album, includes the 1992 promo. I think it's pretty damn awesome,
Quote by Senor Kristian
... pretty intriguing, checking it out as we speak... and I just noticed theres a bit of tab for Seduction of the Innocent, awesome... sadly it does not state the tuning
Quote by Stranglehold
Never, ever get tired of this album - Actually what version are youre lads albums? Mine says Kraze Maze records...

I'm not kvlt enough to have bought it yet (don't worry I will as soon as I get the money), so I've been listening to it on spotify, and the label says Maze America Inc.
Ah yeah just checking, had heard different stories about the distribution is all.....Pity Dim Mak, the 'continuation' of this band, was more or less a pile of balls.
Quote by Ultraussie

Quote by Ingested
Dreaming with the Dead is a death/thrash classic. It's fast, yet groovy, savage and raw, yet imaginative. Unique guitarwork, these guys really know how to make brutality sound not only, well, brutal, but also plain interesting. Me Ripping Corpse.

Jon, if you're reading this, the vocals might be what you were looking for. Aggressive as hell.
If I took this cigarette and put it out on you...

...would you love me?
This is awesome shit. The metal forum has been showing off some amazing death metal lately.
Page 1 of 2