okay so my friend who drums was talking to me about my neighbour's shitty motor bike (moped).

and i said if i had £500 to spend on a guitar and amp or bike i would buy a guitar and an amp. and he starts saying "the quality wouldnt be any good".

so i want to prove him wrong.

so can you name me the best quality amp and guitar for £500?
remember kids, you can't spell bass without ass

RIP Jimmy 'The Rev' Sullivan

Quote by _bacon_

Also, I would tap Helena Bonham Carter like a Van Halen solo.
both guitar and amp, or best guitar for 500 and best amp for 500?
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
both guitar and amp

Quote by _bacon_

well I got my JCM900 for £300 and with the remaining 200 you could get something like an RG321MH
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Show him a Ibanez RGT42DX ...
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

I personally don’t think there is a “Best Guitar and Amp for £500” as it depends on allot of factors including your experience, type of music you play or want to learn and will you be gigging or jamming with the amp??
That aside, you’d do well to beat an Epiphone Les Paul Custom with a Vox AD30 or AD50 amp. The amp has some nice effects built in and has a power level output setting too. Have a look.
Yamaha Pacifica 112
Tanglewood TW15NS
Line6 Spider III 15w (playing into the MP3/CD input = bypass all the Spider processing)
Boss DD-3
DigiTech RP500

My other passion in life My Site
depends what you want to play, but if you were lucky you could pick up a used MIJ tokai and laney vc30 for that.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
i asked my dad and he told me that i could buy the neck of a guitar (just the neck) and for the main body use a random peice of wood. and as long as i had good strings and pickups that were active and i could plug in an amp i would have a good guitar

Quote by _bacon_

Quote by Lemoninfluence
and with the remaining 200 you could get something like an RG321MH
Don't, I've got one and they're bloody awful.

Quote by lefthandman9876
or a squier vintage modified strat
Don't, I've got one and they're bloody awful (oh snap).

For £500, if we're just talking baout sheer build quality, I'd say a used high-end Tokai or Epiphone Elitist, or a new mid-range Tokai. Amp 'quality' is much more subjective since it mostly just comes down to tonal preference.

Quote by WARLOCK123
i asked my dad and he told me that i could buy the neck of a guitar (just the neck) and for the main body use a random peice of wood. and as long as i had good strings and pickups that were active and i could plug in an amp i would have a good guitar
... There is just so much wrong with that statement I don't even know where to start.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
For £500 I got a Laney VC15 and Washburn X50 Pro. Doubt it will work for you though.
i am not actually going to buy anything you suggest. i just want to prove to my drummer that you can get a good guitar for £500.

Quote by _bacon_

These two options may not be exactly £500 but I figure a few pounds either side will make no real difference.

Ibanez RGT42DX = £398
Roland Cube 30X = £118
Total = £516

Ibanez S-470 = £327
Roland Cube 60 = £148
Total = £475
Gibson Les Paul Studio with Catswhiskers pickups
PRS SE 'Floyd' Custom 24 with Creamery pickups
Fender Standard Stratocaster with DiMarzio pickups
Takamine GN30
BluGuitar AMP1
Quote by Horlicks
For £500 I got a Laney VC15 and Washburn X50 Pro. Doubt it will work for you though.

ah, that'd also be a very nice choice, i forgot about that one. roland cubes are good too, if you play more metal stuff (the micro, or 30/60).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I bought my schecter for 250 new but it had a ticket that said 500 (it was a guitar that was used for exibition on a shop but it was totally new. and the 100 watts peavey amp that is a trade for a subwoofer I have that worths like 300 so total will be like 550 but It is possible to find som nice amps that are cheaper
GEAR
Schecter Omen-6 FloydRose (Gloss Black)
Boss: Metal Zone
Boss: Pw- 10 v-wah
Boss: Ac-2
Crate: BX-40 Bass Amp
Classic Guitar
Schecter: Omen-4 Diamond Series Bass (Walnut Satin)
Peavey huge amp (I dont have it yet just saw it 1 time)