First you need to find the max power input (not output) of the amplifier, and then buy a step up transformer which can handle at least that much power (basically a "converter" which you plug in between the amp and the mains power). Just a simple adapter will in many cases not do (there are exceptions though, it depends on the amp).
an adapter is all you need.

and the answer to your 2nd question...no, it won't blow up your amp coz all the adapter does is ADAPT the wattage/amperage and all the techy electrical words you want to use, to the proper amount to plug into your obviously demented power grid.
(btw; i thought the whole world ran off of a 120 amp power grid??)
Quote by psss
well in australia you get about 240 volts from a socket i think. so to clarify what everyone is saying. I can simply go buy a socket adapter from a electronics store and use the amp though that?

thats what i think.
but according to whoismilan theres more invloved
Quote by djmay71
coz all the adapter does is ADAPT the wattage/amperage

The only thing it adapts is the plug, nothing more. The reason why you in some cases can use these is basically because some stuff just don't care how many volts of electricity it gets, or at what frequency it is.

Quote by djmay71
(btw; i thought the whole world ran off of a 120 amp power grid??)

If "the whole world" to you is only North America, then you are right. If "the whole world" includes any other continents, then you are wrong.
Quote by whoismilan
First you need to find the max power input (not output) of the amplifier, and then buy a step up transformer which can handle at least that much power (basically a "converter" which you plug in between the amp and the mains power). Just a simple adapter will in many cases not do (there are exceptions though, it depends on the amp).

This. If your adapter is not made to handle the power input of the amp, you will run into potentially expensive trouble.