So I am selling my Ibanez s470. I should pull about $350+ of her to buy a new seven string.

So I go to my local shop just to fiddle around on some of the sevenstrings. Looking around for a seven I see none. So I then move on to just look at some six string Ltd's and Ibby's.

First let me say how awesome this shop is , Ibanez-wise they had 2 Xiphos, 1 SZR720,and abunch of other new goodies, but what got me was their Ltd's, they had: a MH400 in bright blue quilt, a MH-1000 in DBSB, a EC-500 in white, a Viper 400 in red, a FX-260, and FX-400.

So I played the viper and ec500 and disliked both very much, they were uncomfortable at best.

I tried the mh400 next, it is a beautiful guitar, the comfort and sound of it was equally beautiful, but I am not comfortable with a non-zr trem (especially LFR).

So then I tried the MH 1000, and may I say it is a ASTOUNDING guitar. Comfortable, beautiful, and WAY to expensive for me.

Moving right along after having my hopes dashed,I decide to play the FX-400 , I picked it up and I was astounded, sheer brilliance, This guitar not only looked cool but played like a dream, it was way better than the mh1000, and the looks are all I could ever want. Unlike some guitars this looks awesome and is awesome to play (I AM TALKING TO YOU MR.XIPHOS)
Then I see the tag, 600$. Not too bad but my parents will kill me if spend that much on "ANOTHER DAMN GUITAR" lol.

I was crushed, but then a ray of hope popped into my mind FX-260. So I grab the FX-260 off the wall. It looks just as amazing but it's neck feels the same (excluding the neck heal which is not smooth, but no big deal), but there was a noticeable amount of fret buzz. This really disappointed me, but I think it could be fixed with a good setup/ if I played through a amp this might have also resolved it.

The 260 is only 389$ so my S470 should cover it, but I have my doubts about the 260.

So is the extra ~200$ worth the real EMGs and perfect setup, or should I just go with the 260 if I can cure the fretbuzz. ( I probably won't be able to buy the 400 either way, do to the parents :/)

Thanks,
CR
My Gear :
LTD Fx400
Ibanez S470dxqm w/Tone Zone
Buz Mcgrath's S7320 w/ emg 707s
Boss Gt-8
EHX Metal Muff with top boost for sale!
Crate V32 palomino for sale !
well the EMGs alone should make up most of that price difference.

I personally would stay with the Ibanez.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
This guitar out played my 470 by leaps and bounds(not my 470dxqm though).
And I really need a fixed bridge for changing tuning
My Gear :
LTD Fx400
Ibanez S470dxqm w/Tone Zone
Buz Mcgrath's S7320 w/ emg 707s
Boss Gt-8
EHX Metal Muff with top boost for sale!
Crate V32 palomino for sale !