Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Thats what I was kinda thinking but you never know
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
Is $400-$450 your budget?
What kind of music do you play, heaviest, lightest?
What kind of guitar do you play?
Any jamming or gigging with a drummer?
Would you buy used?
What part of earth do you reside on, near what major city?

Wait, I stole 311's post after him?
Id look at a 50 watt tube combo if I were you
do you really need a half stack? do you gig a lot, or at all?

Epi Les Paul Std w/Duncans
ESP LTD EX260
Cry Baby From Hell
Marshall JH-1
EHX Metal Muff
MXR EVH Phase 90
Carl Martin Classic Chorus
EHX #1 Echo
Ibanez LU-20
Dunlop DCB-10
Crate V50112
Tascam US144

PEDALBOARD JUNKIES
Quote by gregs1020
Would you buy used?

His sig says Ibanez RG350DX and under his name it says metalhead for life so you got two questions answered there. And you could check his profile for more information regarding what specific bands he listens to.
Quote by Brunnis Jetrel, Eve-Search Forums
oh the good old days of launching strawberries at point blank range into people's faces with a ballista... brings back mammaries

Quote by SkyValley
Kick your OWN ass before he has a chance to get to it.

Clicky --->
Quote by gregs1020
Would you buy used?

yeah, that was going to be my next post - i was kinda waiting to see if someone else would do it
Quote by gregs1020
Would you buy used?

Im not sure what my max budget is yet probably $600-700

I play an Ibanez RG350DX

Yeah I do jam with drummers which is why I need something bigger than my practice amp

Yes I would buy used and the nearest major city is omaha, nebraska, about 35 minutes from here

Oh forgot music type well Im looking to be in a band the likes of a motley crue or a guns and roses but I play metal too
Ibanez RG7321
Peavey Valveking 112
Quote by Wigert
His sig says Ibanez RG350DX and under his name it says metalhead for life so you got two questions answered there. And you could check his profile for more information regarding what specific bands he listens to.

OK, agreed the sig was right there. There are different types of "metal" these days, a lot more than when I started playing. But no, I don't check profiles much anymore because they are usually blank. But hey! I feel the love.

Edit: ^TS Thanks for the reply.
So any recommendations based on the above info???
Ibanez RG7321
Peavey Valveking 112
Quote by Lethal Dosage

Used Combo.. Peavey Ultra or Triple since your also looking for a marshall type of crunch besides pure metal. Also a Bugera will work as well if you want something new....
Quote by Lethal Dosage

i'm sure Gregs is working on it right now

he is our craigslist guru! i'm sure you'll get some good answers.

and Wigert - I hear ya but some of us take extra time to open a new browser and search for gear and answers and I know personally, I don't have time to open everyone's profile and do research on the TS.

Plus, if enough people see those questions then they will start providing that info up front to save time - just like the sticky recommends.

TS - tnx for posting your answers to gregs questions.
Quote by IbanezPsycho
Used Combo.. Peavey Ultra or Triple since your also looking for a marshall type of crunch besides pure metal. Also a Bugera will work as well if you want something new....

I was taking a look at the bugera 333XL but in the demo I see he didnt show much of the crunch channel he used mostly cleans so im curious about the distortion part of it...
Ibanez RG7321
Peavey Valveking 112
B52 at 112, Randal RG50tc, Bugera 333xl come to mind if buying new, but I would rather get something maybe a bit better used. I came up short on Omaha's site besides a Crate Bloo Voodoo combo. There are some nice amps, a fender twin but I wouldn't rec it specifically for what you want to play. A used mesa F-30, PV 5150 would be better, or, and on and on and on.
But I came up pretty empty on Omaha's craigslist. I have to try dsm.
Edit, 311 - ha ha
Quote by Lethal Dosage
I was taking a look at the bugera 333XL but in the demo I see he didnt show much of the crunch channel he used mostly cleans so im curious about the distortion part of it...

Havent had a chance to demo that model but its pretty much a clone of a Peavey JSX and there crunch channels are pretty nice. Same with the Triple, best thing I can say is get out and demo one and a few amps and see what you can find. Also hit up the Bugera thread im sure they can answer any of your questions there a good group of guys..
Quote by gregs1020
B52 at 112, Randal RG50tc, Bugera 333xl come to mind if buying new, but I would rather get something maybe a bit better used. I came up short on Omaha's site besides a Crate Bloo Voodoo combo. There are some nice amps, a fender twin but I wouldn't rec it specifically for what you want to play. A used mesa F-30, PV 5150 would be better, or, and on and on and on.
But I came up pretty empty on Omaha's craigslist. I have to try dsm.
Edit, 311 - ha ha

Cool thanks for the help dude
Ibanez RG7321
Peavey Valveking 112
http://desmoines.craigslist.org/msg/832274394.html Carvin head, $350 OBO, yup.
Get a 2x12 cab for $200-300 and you would be good.
http://desmoines.craigslist.org/msg/821615144.html JCM800 combo $700
http://desmoines.craigslist.org/msg/818568809.html Randal RG100 (not sure hybrid or tube or what, check HC or MF) $325

Can you get to Des Moines? Would save more than the gas money. Ha! GAS money....
Quote by gregs1020
http://desmoines.craigslist.org/msg/832274394.html Carvin head, $350 OBO, yup.
Get a 2x12 cab for $200-300 and you would be good.
http://desmoines.craigslist.org/msg/821615144.html JCM800 combo $700
http://desmoines.craigslist.org/msg/818568809.html Randal RG100 (not sure hybrid or tube or what, check HC or MF) $325

Can you get to Des Moines? Would save more than the gas money. Ha! GAS money....

Ha can I use any cab or does it have to be a specific one, Hopefully they will still be there come christmas time cause I just bought the Ibanez so Im hoping to get a new amp for christmas.

EDIT: Randall Combo is looking pretty good 9.9 rating on ug lol
Ibanez RG7321
Peavey Valveking 112
Last edited by Lethal Dosage at Sep 10, 2008,
I used to play my friends 60 watt version, they're alright i guess (for the money), with a dist pedal that is, the drive on its own is a bit weak. I think the reason that the 60 watt halfstack was appealing was because its cute and small, not the case with its big brother, so if you dont want to upgrade your amp in a short while, just get a tube combo.
gas can help get you to the GAS!

most cabs will work just make sure you match it up impedence/ohm wise to the head.

if you are waiting until December then just keep you eye on craigslist and go play some of these suggested amps with your guitar.

PS. That JCM800 combo would work well for what you want. You could also get a Peavey Valveking and pump your savings into an OD and EQ pedal and a new speaker. But it won't touch the JSX or the JCM mentioned tho.
Quote by vitchb
I used to play my friends 60 watt version, they're alright i guess (for the money), with a dist pedal that is, the drive on its own is a bit weak. I think the reason that the 60 watt halfstack was appealing was because its cute and small, not the case with its big brother, so if you dont want to upgrade your amp in a short while, just get a tube combo.

Cool man, I see you have an RG350DX as well I love mine
Ibanez RG7321
Peavey Valveking 112
Just keep an eye on craigslist, things pop up all the time. IbanezPsycho listed great stuff too. I searched the JSX, Ultra, 5150, 6505 and came up empty. But one will pop, xmass time is good for that or the others mentioned. But try them out if you can in a local shop to see where your tastes are so when one does come up used, you know. Always try before plopping down hard earned bucks. Good luck.
Quote by gregs1020
Just keep an eye on craigslist, things pop up all the time. IbanezPsycho listed great stuff too. I searched the JSX, Ultra, 5150, 6505 and came up empty. But one will pop, xmass time is good for that or the others mentioned. But try them out if you can in a local shop to see where your tastes are so when one does come up used, you know. Always try before plopping down hard earned bucks. Good luck.

Yeah I definetley agree, thanks for the help to everyone
Ibanez RG7321
Peavey Valveking 112
Quote by Lethal Dosage
Cool man, I see you have an RG350DX as well I love mine

Yea they're cool guitars