Hey guys,

Check this out. http://cgi.ebay.com/VOX-AMPLIFIER-MODEL-AC15-OLD-TUBE-AMP_W0QQitemZ220279481479QQihZ012QQcategoryZ10171QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#AuctionTop

Someone is selling a butchered Vox AD15vt as an old Vox AC15.

They photoshopped over the serial number on the amp and replaced it with the AC15 ones.

It's obviously not an older one. I doubt they had laser prints for the text on the back of the amp back then.

You can clearly see the Valvetronix moniker on the amplifier. I don't have an ebay account but I was hoping someone could have it reported or something.

You can clearly see the AD15VT on the top of the amp. Look at the pictures.
It says..

"VOX AD15VT AMPLIFIER MODEL AC15"

I think he is just stupid and doesn't know what he has.

I'm gonna email him and ask him why he is selling a 300 dollar amp for 1100.

EDIT: ok done.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
Last edited by nebiru at Sep 10, 2008,
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Hey guys,

Check this out. http://cgi.ebay.com/VOX-AMPLIFIER-MODEL-AC15-OLD-TUBE-AMP_W0QQitemZ220279481479QQihZ012QQcategoryZ10171QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#AuctionTop

Someone is selling a butchered Vox AD15vt as an old Vox AC15.

They photoshopped over the serial number on the amp and replaced it with the AC15 ones.

It's obviously not an older one. I doubt they had laser prints for the text on the back of the amp back then.

You can clearly see the Valvetronix moniker on the amplifier. I don't have an ebay account but I was hoping someone could have it reported or something.

You can clearly see the AD15VT on the top of the amp. Look at the pictures.

lol
I'm Steve
Quote by nebiru
It says..

"VOX AD15VT AMPLIFIER MODEL AC15"

I think he is just stupid and doesn't know what he has.

I'm gonna email him and ask him why he is selling a 300 dollar amp for 1100.

No, I think he's just trying to rip somebody the shit off.

He has it listed as an old tube amp and selling it for 1100 bucks. I don't think it's some odd coincidence.
lol Why is there a huge long arrow drawn in purple marker pointing to the phone out jack. He probably put that on there to make it look "vintage". Haha I don't think its photoshoped either I think he used a label maker to make a label that said AC15 and stuck it over the real model.
My Gear:
Custom Fender 62' Reissue Strat
Carvin Custom Shop DC400T
Jackson SL3 Soloist
Fender Super-Sonic 112
Boss GT-10

Quote by XianXiuHong
000-000-000-000-000
PM------------------------

You can now play every Slayer song.
^This is very strange indeed.
Quote by A Certain Death
my mum is a retard
*reported*

no ebay linking

.....not really
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
No, I think he's just trying to rip somebody the shit off.

He has it listed as an old tube amp and selling it for 1100 bucks. I don't think it's some odd coincidence.

I emailed him anyway, lets see what he has to say.

Then I'm gonna report him for being a fukking douchebag. It's assholes like this that have ruined Ebay.
I also find it weird that an 'old AC15 tube amp' is made in China.

^^ Don't even joke about it
I have a better question; Did they ever even make an AC15 that looked like that?
Quote by CJRocker
I have a better question; Did they ever even make an AC15 that looked like that?

Well they make an AC15 head but it doesn't look like that.
Quote by CJRocker

That, and look how poorly it was put back together.
I think it looks hot as ****, but I bet it sucks ass.
Quote by A Certain Death
my mum is a retard
I hope this guy gets pwned, thats absolutely ridiculous. also, wtf, theres no indication of the ohm rating in the speaker output - he probably hasn't even wired it up properly, either...

it really pisses me off the way he stuck a label that says "AC15" over the "AD15VT" thing.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Last edited by Blompcube at Sep 10, 2008,
what a joke, you can even see the modeling knob on top. no standby switch.
Way to much wrong with it. The FCC stuff on the back doubt that was an issue when old VOX amps were made. Just as I doubt a vintage one would have LEDs. Or a switch thats says "effects". Or a headphone jack. But unless it gets reported to ebay then some moron will buy a modelling hybrid for 110 bucks.
Good eye hatebreeder! Policing the used gear world for the better of all UGkind! I love seeing scammers called out, cheers!
Edit: Since it says AD15 at the top I think it most would know, but then again there is a sucker born every minute.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Last edited by gregs1020 at Sep 10, 2008,
Quote by fly135
reported.

Why?

"IT WILL BE A GREAT TOOL FOR ANY HOME OR BUSINESS USE."

Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
Quote by rhcp_freak
Why?

"IT WILL BE A GREAT TOOL FOR ANY HOME OR BUSINESS USE."

i think he meant he reported the ebay item.

if he'd reported the thread, he'd have said *reported* normally

(that doesn't mean i've reported the thread, either - its useful to know when theres a scam out there. if this thread is closed, it'll sink to the bottom and someone who would otherwise have seen it might accidentally buy the amp!)
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Damn you Fly135... I emailed him and wanted to see what he said and then I was gonna report him.

Now he will probably get pissed off and think I did it and not respond. Oh well.
As of 4:30 ET, the auction now says this:

"The seller ended this listing early because of an error in the listing."

I asked to see a pic of the knobs, and he replied to me that "My apologies. We have ended this auction because someone told us that what we have is not a Vox AC 15.
We will look into this model a little more and may relist it later. Sorry for any inconveniences"
Quote by stangconv
It could be an honest mistake...

Seems like he had no ideas about amps and maybe got ripped off himself?

Yeh, it's possible. He does have a 98% approval rating on ebay so that's good. If he sells tons of equipment it's possible he just goofed on listing this one.
Quote by stangconv
It could be an honest mistake...

Seems like he had no ideas about amps and maybe got ripped off himself?

Doubtful, it has the real name of the amp on the control plate.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Everyone can calm down now - it has been taken off of ebay. If you go to the link it says "The seller ended this listing early because of an error in the listing."
I thought I'd clear this up.

The seller is an auction and were obviously ripped off. It seemed like an honest mistake on their part.

Here it is:

'Allen,
Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We have ended the auction. I do not know much about amps and was going off the model # on the back.
My apologies for any inconveniences.

Thanks
Rohbockras2 Auctions'

And my initial e-mail:

On Wed, Sep 10, 2008 at 10:20 AM, Allan Sykes <allan_sykes@hotmail.com> wrote:

Hello,

The item listed here 'http://cgi.ebay.com/VOX-AMPLIFIER-MODEL-AC15-OLD-TUBE-AMP_W0QQitemZ220279481479QQihZ012QQcategoryZ10171QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#AuctionTop' is being sold as something it isn't and for a price that is extremely inflated.

The amp in question is a modified AD15VT hybrid amplifier that costs around two-hundred dollars brand new. The posting lists it as an 'Old AC15 Tube amplifier' which it is neither. The amp was just chopped up and placed in head form.

I don't think the article should be taken down, but I think you might want to rethink the asking price.

Thank you,

Allan Sykes.'

Wait to go for solving the mess guys.