OK, so I thought about buying the Clubster 45.

Does anyone know anything about these amp?

Are they high gain? Do they sound good?

Anything?
Purple string dampener scrunchy.
I have a amp of Rivera, they are amazing.
They can go to high gain, but no metal high-gain, a shred high gain, to metal you need a booster.
GEAR:
guitars - ESP Eclipse-II FM, ESP LTD M-50, crapy classic guitar.
amps - Rivera Venus 3, Rocktorn Rampage 20R.
and crapy pedal of Digitech.
Quote by Varius Strato
I have a amp of Rivera, they are amazing.
They can go to high gain, but no metal high-gain, a shred high gain, to metal you need a booster.

Yes, I am thinking about getting an LTD Barber or a Maxon with it.
i've tried either the clubster or the pubster, i forget which... was pretty nice. not mega-br00tal high gain, but pretty high gain, and great cleans and good crunch. as i said, though, i may have tried a different one to the one you're after (i think the one i tried was 25 watts, so i think it might have been the pubster)...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
i've tried either the clubster or the pubster, i forget which... was pretty nice. not mega-br00tal high gain, but pretty high gain, and great cleans and good crunch. as i said, though, i may have tried a different one to the one you're after (i think the one i tried was 25 watts, so i think it might have been the pubster)...

I believe the Pubster is the single channel model.
i think the one i tried had two channels... hang on, i'll take a look on the rivera site to see if i can remember.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Sep 10, 2008,
Quote by Dave_Mc
i think the one i tried had two channels... hang on, i'll take a look on the rivera site to see if i can remember.

Thank you.

BTW:

Face rules.
http://www.rivera.com/products/pubclub/club25-110.php i think that's the one i tried; however, when you try to click on the pubster 110, it also takes you to that link for some reason. o_O

and thanks, the a-team is awesome.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I played the same one Dave did, I believe.
The cleans were pretty good, and it had some nice fatter OD. But, I felt like it wasn't punchy enough for me. Compared to my CBB (which I bought the same day I tried the Rivera) or a super reverb, the Rivera had less defined cleans and thinner overdrive.
So, It's good for the price, but it's not a top of the line amp.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
yeah, that's pretty much what i thought too (and they aren't that cheap here, either- you could get an engl screamer or laney tt for a similar price). It was very nice, but i wasn't blown away. Though the clubster 45 uses different power amp valves, and a bigger speaker, so may sound better.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Well, it's far better the HRD I believe.

And if it has shred-able gain, I believe I'll like it.

And quite a few people said the 45 is better then 25, it also has EL34 tubes.
Really? It was like 325 USD here.
It was used too. I probably would have bought it if I had cash left over from buying the CBB, just to have something somewhat portable (hauling around a 4x10 is hard work). But, oh well.

^The 45 uses 34's?
The 25 used 6L6's or 6V6's. So, they'll probably sound quite a bit different.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Last edited by darkarbiter7 at Sep 10, 2008,
EDIT: ^ yeah, the one i tried was new. i think it was around the £600-£700 mark. we get ripped for any US-made gear... it's like it's instantly boutique solely by virtue of being made in the states (not quite sure how that works, considering how much you americans are willing to pay for marshall, vox and orange)...

oh yeah, i'd rather have the clubster 25 i tried than an HRD.

can you try it first?
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
EDIT: ^ yeah, the one i tried was new. i think it was around the £600-£700 mark. we get ripped for any US-made gear... it's like it's instantly boutique solely by virtue of being made in the states (not quite sure how that works, considering how much you americans are willing to pay for marshall, vox and orange)...

oh yeah, i'd rather have the clubster 25 i tried than an HRD.

can you try it first?

Well, i'll defenately try it before buying it, and I heard examples, which I liked.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?