Hi all,

It's been a while since I actually recorded something, the last 2 songs I did were covers and I recorded with my camera :P this time, no video but a more professional recording!

The song "La Flor De Mi Vida" is completely written, arranged and played by me.. Everything goes through my Boss GT-8, I played all tracks on guitar, including bass! (I don't own a bass guitar, so..)
The song title means "the flower of my life" in Spanish and it's dedicated to my girlfriend Flor..

The song is in my profile, but you can just follow this link: La Flor De Mi Vida

I'll be glad to C4C, and if you want you can check out my two old cover threads for crits, the links are in my sig!

Cheers!
ZeG

EDIT: I uploaded a better version of the song (improved mixing, ambient guitars re-recorded and panning, fixed noise/static) and fixed the link above
Last edited by ZeGuitarist at Sep 12, 2008,
Hey thanks for reviewing my song!

The intro has an "I Miss You" by Incubus feel to it. More drawn out and melodic though. The ambient stuff you have going on is pretty cool, I would have them pan as they play instead of staying mono sounding. A really slow pan, just to give a wider feeling.

When the higher guitar part comes in, it kind of drowns out the strings. I would bring it down in the mix a bit.

Other than that, I think it sounds pretty good. Oh one other thing, I think the bass needs to come up a bit.
Quote by Ablyss
The ambient stuff you have going on is pretty cool, I would have them pan as they play instead of staying mono sounding. A really slow pan, just to give a wider feeling.

Lol, I realised that the second I had posted it and listened to it, and I was working on it while you pointed that out for me thanks, it's been done, and i re-mixed bass and backing guitar parts too new version of the song uploaded on my profile!
Thanks for your comment, keep them coming!

Cheers
ZeG
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm beautiful ^^

the perfect song for a moment like this when im drunk and sittin on my pc checkin random things ^^

and calm down guys, im spanish too and its 02:10 in the morning at this moment here hjehehe

great song, really beautiful ^^

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=949971
I came across this while i was searching for random classical songs and i'm glad i found this topic. La flor de mi vida is a great song and you did a wonderful job on it.
Hey man, this song is sweet. The acoustic has a bit of noise and static in it, nothing a compressor or noise gate couldn't handle. I like the ambient guitars though, that was a really cool touch and they're panned really well. I was about to say maybe add another guitar for some variety, and there it is. nice job. Good Bron-yr-aur cover too, that's one of my favorite songs to play (when I'm in that tuning...) but I think your low c string was slightly out of tune. crit mine? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=956106
Quote by allislost
I would say that aetherspear speaks nothing but the truth.
UG Blues Group
UG Reggae & Dub Group
Need Professional Mixing for cheap? Need Vinyl to Digital Transfers? PM Me.
Its a good song, I like the feel of it. Ambient guitars fit in very nicely!
And its cool that you dedicated to your girl

One of my favourite kinda genres so I love it!
Nice melody on the acoustic guitar and the lead guitar fits really well, I like how you've panned it too.
I thought the bass sounds a bit odd but then I realised it was a guitar you used for that though.
Good job!
I'm a sucker for volume swells if they're done right, and I loved the lead tone. I got a tiny bit bored by the end...but if I was in a chillaxin mood, it woulda nailed it on the spot
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Gibson Faded V
Warmoth Strat copy
Epiphone Hummingbird (FS!!)
Ibanez SR400QM
Fender BXR100
Reggae Bass Covers mahn!!!

Nice song. Is your girlfriend's last name vargas by any chance o.0?
Quote by rastaman12
What do people usually do after they **** their sisters?
Quote by Lucky#Slevin
Nice song. Is your girlfriend's last name vargas by any chance o.0?

No not even close xD
Thanks for all the reviews!

Cheers
ZeG
Quote by Ablyss
Hey thanks for reviewing my song!

The intro has an "I Miss You" by Incubus feel to it. More drawn out and melodic though. The ambient stuff you have going on is pretty cool, I would have them pan as they play instead of staying mono sounding. A really slow pan, just to give a wider feeling.

When the higher guitar part comes in, it kind of drowns out the strings. I would bring it down in the mix a bit.

Other than that, I think it sounds pretty good. Oh one other thing, I think the bass needs to come up a bit.

that and a little like christian woman by type o negative but still a very beautiful peace of work....

crit on my thread phases?
Don't you try and ask me your expiration date
Plans that forgot me 99 times
you'll be the one who opens the gate.

- Cedric Bixler Zavala

Founder of the UG RHPS fanclub....

to join simply amend sig..
Quote by ZeGuitarist
No not even close xD
Thanks for all the reviews!

Cheers
ZeG

hehe the name flor is uncommon... =p not many of them out there.
Quote by rastaman12
What do people usually do after they **** their sisters?
This is absolutely beautiful. Like, stunningly so. The panning ambient guitars are brilliant; they add so much to the song. The whole thing is pretty calm and laid-back, but I feel like there's sort of a subtle build-up as goes towards the ending, which works really well. The only constructive criticism I have is that it feels like a few of the transitions between riffs could be smoother; you basically just pause and then go into the next one. But hey, it works for the song and the song definitely sounds good, so I probably don't know what I'm talking about. Great job.
Wow!.... I m really enjoying this one... the production choices and the phrasing on the atmospherics are really subtle... and just the hint of effects on the main rhythm guitar; just right. at the 2:30 mark after its gone of in a different direction and then it drops and switches back to the main theme; thats classy.. i like that... I'll second a few of the other posts, in that I did tend to lose my interest a little in the middle... i don't think something completely out of left field would really work for the song.... I'm not sure what I'd do instead... but something to think about definitely. Anywho... cheers...
thanks for the feedback, i saw i already posted on here unless it's a new recording. pm me and i'll crit it again if it's a new recording
Don't you try and ask me your expiration date
Plans that forgot me 99 times
you'll be the one who opens the gate.

- Cedric Bixler Zavala

Founder of the UG RHPS fanclub....

to join simply amend sig..