Need some help from anyone that has owned this amp for awhile.
I can get pretty good cleans, but having quite a bitch of a time getting a solid rock tone, and a worse time getting a passable metal tone.

Looking for sounds close to:

Iron Maiden 7th son.
Metallica Justice
Velvet Revolver

I got a standard HSS MIM Strat and an ESP Eclipse2 with Seymor Duncan JB and 59. Dont own any pedals yet.

Thanks in advance.
buy a better amp. best advise.
Quote by JeanMi36
Back when I was a teen, I was making out with this girl, when I had the bright idea of putting my hand inside her panties.

She had her period.

I'm scarred for life
Quote by Sumlover41
buy a better amp. best advise.

learn to spell, better advice
Quote by .arkness:.
I did it in the church confession booth. i jizzed all over the mesh in an attempt to hit the priest.
Quote by rhysm
learn to spell, better advice

Learn to form a sentence please, I believe that would be the best advice in this current situation.

Anyway

Don't expect to get tones exactly like those because you're not using the same amp as them
Nope, I know I wont get exact. Just looking for something passable.
The presets blow, and anything I have tried just sounds flabby.
How long have you had the amp? It takes a bit of time before the speaker breaks in.

And to new amp people: He didn't ask about buying anything, so his budget is 0. How many good amps can you get for 0? I'm sure he is going to get something later on down the line, but the AD15VT is a very good practice amp.

Back on topic: There's a couple things you can do. For an Iron Maiden/80's metal sound sound, I would go with the UK 80's channel, gain between 3/4 and full, full volume, highs around 1/2 to 2/3, mids around 3/4 to full, and bass to taste. Effects optional, but the flanger and phaser would work very well.

For most gain uses that aren't metal, the UK 80s channel and the AC30 channel are the best.

Metal-get a boost. Like a BM. If you can't get a boost, use the US High Gain, with either everything at noon, or the mids dimed.

The best lead tone I've gotten so far is the Boutique OD channel, gain rolled back to about 2/3 or less, high's around 2/3 mids dimed, and bass cut, with slight delay. (using a boost).

Good luck, and if you have any more questions, feel free to PM me.
Quote by imgooley
How long have you had the amp? It takes a bit of time before the speaker breaks in.

And to new amp people: He didn't ask about buying anything, so his budget is 0. How many good amps can you get for 0? I'm sure he is going to get something later on down the line, but the AD15VT is a very good practice amp.

Back on topic: There's a couple things you can do. For an Iron Maiden/80's metal sound sound, I would go with the UK 80's channel, gain between 3/4 and full, full volume, highs around 1/2 to 2/3, mids around 3/4 to full, and bass to taste. Effects optional, but the flanger and phaser would work very well.

For most gain uses that aren't metal, the UK 80s channel and the AC30 channel are the best.

Metal-get a boost. Like a BM. If you can't get a boost, use the US High Gain, with either everything at noon, or the mids dimed.

The best lead tone I've gotten so far is the Boutique OD channel, gain rolled back to about 2/3 or less, high's around 2/3 mids dimed, and bass cut, with slight delay. (using a boost).

Good luck, and if you have any more questions, feel free to PM me.

Thanks a lot. I really appreciated your reply. I'll give those settings a try tonight!