Hey I was I was wondering would an equalizer or a phase 90 or 100 or something make an muffled tone clearer? Cause I have an DigiTech Bad Monkey that is connected to my grunge distortion, wich is kinda muffleing the distortion? Just need to know.
Take the grunge out of your rig. Try that.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
a phaser sure won't help you there.
Quote by evening_crow
As far as i know the only liquor that should not be stored after opened is wine, and even then it's mainly the french one. American wine usually has conservatives in it to stop this.
A phaser isn't going to do anything. Dial down the distortion a bit on the grunge, cut out some bass and boost the mids a bit.
Quote by Sonicxlover
Kensai, I think I'll get a flamboyant sig.

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
Quote by J.Dawg
darkarbier7, I don`t want to take my grunge out cause I like it.

Well, you have to bring into consideration that it could be the thing that is muddying up your tone.

What is your amp, BTW?
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by IbanezPsycho
Again what are your settings?

UHH, well

Grunge: Loud is set on the 3rd setting.
Low is set on the 10th setting.
High & grunge is set on the both on the 8th setting, wich this gives it a good sound.

now for the bad monkey I just got it and when I used it with my distortion it kinda muffled it, but I`m not on any specific settings with it, I`m just trying to figure out how I could make it more clearer. I guess I`m just used to the more distortiony sound than it, cause bad monkey is new.
Quote by Sonicxlover
A phaser isn't going to do anything. Dial down the distortion a bit on the grunge, cut out some bass and boost the mids a bit.

It worth a shot at it.
I have both of those pedals on my board and have no problems.

If you are using the Grunge (distortion) and BM (overdrive) at the same time, with the BM before the Grunge in the chain, that's possibly the problem. Try putting the BM after the Grunge in your chain.
Last edited by Billy Picken at Sep 10, 2008,
What's your amp?

Play a Cort ?

Play with V-Picks ?

Every minute is to be Grasped........................................................................Time waits for nobody.

Quote by Billy Picken
I have both of those pedals on my board and have no problems.

If you are using the Grunge (distortion) and BM (overdrive) at the same time, that's the problem.

Yeah I`m using my grunge and bad monkey at the same.
If you ask me, using two different distortion boxes running at the same time is a bad idea for your tone.
I know SRV did it with a pair of TS's, but he used them more as boosts for his amps. It sounds like you're using them in a way that you're getting all your distortion from your pedals.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Just edited my post, while you where posting.

Using both at the same time is most likely the problem.

In trying to help out, I suggest you ty running your BM after your Grunge in the chain. Might help. Might not.
Last edited by Billy Picken at Sep 10, 2008,
Quote by Billy Picken
Just edited my post, while you where posting.

Using both at the same time is most likely the problem.

In trying to help out, I suggest you ty running your BM after your Grunge in the chain. Might help. Might not.

Yeah thats how I put my pedals.

Grunge then BM. I also have a whammy but I wasn`t using it with those pedals, cause I need to buy another connecter for the BM, so I can have them all plugged in at the same time, Instead of just 2 pedals. And if I was using my whammy I would put it 1st.
Only way around it would be using the bad monkey as a booster level 1-10 gain 0 and use the current settings on your grunge. Once you touch the gain knob on the bad monkey its going to turn to mudd. Running two gain type pedals at once usually does not work unless you using one as a clean boost and the other for your means of distortion.
Quote by IbanezPsycho
Only way around it would be using the bad monkey as a booster level 1-10 gain 0 and use the current settings on your grunge. Once you touch the gain knob on the bad monkey its going to turn to mudd. Running two gain type pedals at once usually does not work unless you using one as a clean boost and the other for your means of distortion.

Okay.
And you still haven't told us what amp you're playing.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by J.Dawg
UHH, well

Grunge: Loud is set on the 3rd setting.
Low is set on the 10th setting.
High & grunge is set on the both on the 8th setting, wich this gives it a good sound.

now for the bad monkey I just got it and when I used it with my distortion it kinda muffled it, but I`m not on any specific settings with it, I`m just trying to figure out how I could make it more clearer. I guess I`m just used to the more distortiony sound than it, cause bad monkey is new.

Bass on full? Plus near full gain AND an OD pedal?

There's your answer to "why is my tone muffled?"
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by darkarbiter7
And you still haven't told us what amp you're playing.

Why?
Quote by J.Dawg
Why?

Because your amp is a crucial part of your tone. If it's something cheap and hates being boosted, chances are you'll need a new amp.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by darkarbiter7
Because your amp is a crucial part of your tone. If it's something cheap and hates being boosted, chances are you'll need a new amp.

Then that is what it is then, but it`s fine if I use th BM by itself, or the Grunge, but just not together. Also I have a whammy, and I use it with my grunge together, and it sounds just fine.
Ahh.
Well, just use either pedal by itself then. Or, try putting the BM's drive at zero and the level high.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by darkarbiter7
Ahh.
Well, just use either pedal by itself then. Or, try putting the BM's drive at zero and the level high.

I`ll try it.
I imagine the digitech grunge is the same as the old DOD grunge from the 90's?

Yeah, I used to have one of those back when I first started and it was probably the muddiest stomp box I've ever owned. Only settings were mud to more mud, if you want to get rid of that, get rid of the pedal. And using it together with another overdrive? I'm suprised you can even hear yourself play.
Quote by al112987
I imagine the digitech grunge is the same as the old DOD grunge from the 90's?

Yeah, I used to have one of those back when I first started and it was probably the muddiest stomp box I've ever owned. Only settings were mud to more mud, if you want to get rid of that, get rid of the pedal. And using it together with another overdrive? I'm suprised you can even hear yourself play.

Nah, I like my pedals I wouldn`t want to get rid of them. I`ll just use them seperately, except if I`m going to use one with my DigiTech whammy.
Quote by WtrPlyr
If you like them, then why are you complaining?

I`m not complaining, I`m just trying to figure out how to make the tone clearer when
using my BM & my grunge together, wich probably can`t happen.
Quote by J.Dawg
I`m not complaining, I`m just trying to figure out how to make the tone clearer when
using my BM & my grunge together, wich probably can`t happen.

I don't see why you're stilling having trouble, we've given you like every possible option.
Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
Less is more, mate. Less is more
Brigadier of the 7-string legion. 7>6

Fender Telecaster
Schecter Damien 7
Engl Fireball
you could always try a BBE sonic stomp, "takes the blanket off the amp" if that's what you mean.
Mesa Single Rectifier
Marshall 1960A vintage
Rg3exfm1 w/ EMG 85/81
Big Baby Taylor Acoustic
Ibanez TS808
Hey if you are running the BM after the Grunge, then that is why the tone sounds unclear..you are boosting the mids.

Run the bad monkey before the grunge, and use zero gain on the pedal but near full volume and you should be fixed up.
Quote by yoyodunno
Hey if you are running the BM after the Grunge, then that is why the tone sounds unclear..you are boosting the mids.

Run the bad monkey before the grunge, and use zero gain on the pedal but near full volume and you should be fixed up.

K.
Quote by yoyodunno

+1

what amp again TS?