has anyone here had any experience with the orange ADHTC head? good or bad is fine (Y)

oh and more specifically can anyone tell me how loud this amp is and such because 30 watts doesnt sound alot even for a tube amp

im upgrading from a DSL401 is thats any use whatsoever
30 watts Tube will be loud - certainly loud enough for most users

Epi Les Paul Std w/Duncans
ESP LTD EX260
Cry Baby From Hell
Marshall JH-1
EHX Metal Muff
MXR EVH Phase 90
Carl Martin Classic Chorus
EHX #1 Echo
Ibanez LU-20
Dunlop DCB-10
Crate V50112
Tascam US144

PEDALBOARD JUNKIES
haha ive read the game and it is a great book btw

and yea my marshall DSL401 is very loud but it is like 40 watts so im kinda confused whether i want to shell out for this new amp which is 10 watts less :/ unless orange somehow get more volume out of less watts i dont know
Haven't tried that particular amp, but:

GG&A forum,
30 watts valve is LOOOUD.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Oranges have such great vintage tone, plenty of gain to boot. way better than the marshall. dude, definitely go for it. Thirty watts is plenty loud, almost too loud for the bedroom, but great for the stage! oh yeah, and the answer to your question about more volume out of less wattage, well Orange Amplification rates their amps at maximum wattage clean i believe, so it's probably more around 45 watts or so when it's fully cranked.
Founder of the C.F. Martin & Co. Guitar Owners club.
YOU........should join if you have a Martin.....!!!!
JOIN

My Band: Abaton

Abaton

Check out some of the acoustic stuff on my profile if you want
ahh right i didnt know orange rated like that, and oh yes ive been thinking about switching because the treble and crunch on my DSL401 is getting too much for me.

so do you have experience in orange amps yourself? ive only played on the tiny terror head and cab and it annoyed me with the lack of bass, treble and mids.
I had the chance to play an AD30 once and i loved it. Its is very honest with the tones and you hear every note clear even if distorted (orcourse if u crank it full on full gain then don't expect to hear the notes of a chord too well haha). It's a really good amp and damn its loud!
I don't know much about the the amp you've got so i can't make comparisons.
Hope i helped.
"It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses."

Quote by Yngwi3

Bigger/louder/more watts =/= Better quality.
ive heard an orange on full gain lol not to be done thanks dr. evil

so anyone got opinions on this head compared to maybe the marshall vintage modern 2466, laney GH100L and marshall JCM800. also open for amps around £600-£800 basically im looking for a head and cab for £1000
yeah I've played my friends Orange Rockerverb 50, which is so sweet, and an orange is an orange, for the most part. yes there are differences, but the orange tone is really sweet. what kind of music do you play, and what guitar do you use? I thought the orange sounded absolutely amazing with a les paul, great for vintage rock stuff. really gritty sound, but really good cleans too.
Founder of the C.F. Martin & Co. Guitar Owners club.
YOU........should join if you have a Martin.....!!!!
JOIN

My Band: Abaton

Abaton

Check out some of the acoustic stuff on my profile if you want
Honestly, is one of the best amps I've ever played. Pretty much like old Marshalls but with the possibility of a more agressive character if you need it. But again, its VERY loud.

All those 3 other amps you mentioned are great too, but the AD30 is much better than the Vintage Modern, on par with the JCM800 (the originals, not the reissues; if it's a reissue, the AD30 is also better), and well, the GH100L is quite different (also one of my favourite amps).

Believe me, if you get it (and suits your style of course) you won't be dissapointed. And even if it's only 30 W it's REALLY REALLY LOUD.
- Fender American Standard Ash Telecaster w/ DiMarzio Chopper T & Twang King
- Alhambra 5P
- Laney Lionheart L5T-112
- Line 6 POD XT
- Suhr Shiba Drive
- MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay
- Dunlop Cry Baby
well all the amps suit my style e.g. classic rock, blues, touch of sabbath and also needing sparkling cleans and yea mahoru i wanted opinions on the GH100L cause its so cheap and Laney are reliable amps.

i have a SG and Les paul both tokai and japanese but the SG is fitted with a bareknuckle riff raff so hopefully if the orange head is loud enough i will be getting that.

another question lol is orange do the 2x12 cab fitted with celestion 30's in it. but would a marshall 1936 2x12 fitted with the same speakers sound much different at all?
About the Laney, it's much more modern sounding than the Orange. It's capable of pretty high gain and also nice cleans, but on the other hand it's single channel. I think for what you seem to want the AD30 is a better choice.

And about the cabs, if the woods used are different (which is probably the case) they'll sound different too. Haven't tried the Marshall 1936, but the Orange one sounded pretty good to me.
- Fender American Standard Ash Telecaster w/ DiMarzio Chopper T & Twang King
- Alhambra 5P
- Laney Lionheart L5T-112
- Line 6 POD XT
- Suhr Shiba Drive
- MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay
- Dunlop Cry Baby