Page 1 of 2
OK.. I just found this article http://in.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080302175041AAoJXQn

and it made me think- wait "Is the image portrayed by the 'media' of women realistic?" u know .. - is it really so outrages? like the girls from Americas next top model, th ose girls are not uber hot- well they are but i see chicks like that all the time
.. so are the chicks from tv that uch hotter from real life chicks?
are the girls on tv and in magazines rare?

i think ugly people are the ones always saying- " its unrealistic to expect girls to look like that.

because every time i go anywhere (the mall, college, walmart, or any place where people gather) there is ALWAYS hot chicks... seriously- there has never been a time that i went out that i didn't see any hot chicks

or maybe i just live in the best place ever.. lol, nah but seriously what do you guys think?

its not school work- i just want to do it - just to do it, and maybe get it published, with the writing club at my school

man u guys are freakin cynical
Last edited by Andres760 at Sep 10, 2008,
I think skinny bitches are gross.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
Just because there are 'always hot chicks' doesnt mean you weren't interested because of anything much other than 'OMG SHES HAWT SHE HAS A HAWT BODDEH!11'

It's usually not realistic... well... depends where you look I guess.

But generally people are harsh and insult people cruelly/unfairly/pointlessly if they don't fit with the 'norm' of weight or looks.

Mehhh.
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
Quote by Våd Hamster
Personality > looks.

This.

Although, I was lucky enough to get both.
When one thread gets closed, that isn't the sign that you should open a new one on the same topic.

*Captain Obvious flies away*
Quote by Zero-Hartman
Demoralising women is just one of the many services we provide here at UG
I like meat on a girl.

I like when she eats in front of me (and no, not a cracker, I'm talking about a huge fuckin' chicken parm sub. Skinny bitches are gross and don't have any..ahem assets.
the media influences self image imo. lots of people refer to the media for what to wear and what's more popular-- anorexic skinniness or toned abs. these people really can't decide for themselves, i like to call them sheeple (sheep+people)

i see hot girls all the time. i find most women can be attractive if they take decent care of themselves and appearance (many look good without makeup or highlights, they just need to wash their face/hair and not resort to a ponytail) and wear clothing that compliments their body.

i'm not even attracted to those uber-skinny, crack-***** supermodels. to me, a real woman has some curvature. my favorite model of all time would be Anna Nicole Smith during her glory years, but i still find lots of women attractive.
Quote by af_the_fragile
I like them skinny to average....

Or should i say i like em like 12 yr old girls boys?!

Fixed.
Quote by RoamingConflict
This one dream involved me, one random girl, midgets and a pie.

...and midgets ended up f*cking her. I got the pie.

What do I think... about what? If the image portrayed by media is realistic?
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
yes, do you think the image portrayed is a realistic expectation of how women should look? or are they SO beautifull that only 1% of women actually look like that
Quote by Andres760
yes, do you think the image portrayed is a realistic expectation of how women should look? or are they SO beautifull that only 1% of women actually look like that

Dude, what media are we even talking about? It's different all over the world.
the united states one- i'm asking because i am trying to gather information for an essay
Quote by Andres760
the united states one- i'm asking because i am trying to gather information for an essay

So basically

You didn't just "stumble across" it like you're having us believe, but are in fact scamming us to do your work for you?
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
But generally people are harsh and insult people cruelly/unfairly/pointlessly if they don't fit with the 'norm' of weight or looks.

People are bastards though

And yes, media image of women is pretty terrible...it's unattainable perfection, which ironically is in no way perfection...

I don't see why people can't just realise this. The only reason you might not find these 'perfect' women attractive, is when you realise that this whole 'perfection' thing, is sterile and meaningless
Some people wait a lifetime, some simply accept...

...Some of us crash land, some of us eject...

...Some restore the blood flow, some just let it go and bleed...

...Some of us obsess, some move on to something new
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
So basically

You didn't just "stumble across" it like you're having us believe, but are in fact scamming us to do your work for you?

Seems like it.
Quote by Kensai
Seems like it.

I concur.
Quote by Zero-Hartman
Quote by whatamidoinhere
People are bastards though

And yes, media image of women is pretty terrible...it's unattainable perfection, which ironically is in no way perfection...

I don't see why people can't just realise this. The only reason you might not find these 'perfect' women attractive, is when you realise that this whole 'perfection' thing, is sterile and meaningless

Is it? What media are you talking about specifically?

I don't think it's as simple an issue as either or. You see all sorts of women on TV. I can speak for the UK when I say this but I bet it's the same in most parts of the world.

I sometimes think people over-react about this. Of course there are women that are consider beautiful, and certain types of women are more socially accepted beauty. It's just like anything else.

If someone said to you "define" a beautiful girl, you may something along the lines of "long, flowing blonde, brunette or dark hair, natural and soft features, bright sparkling eyes, slim athletic figure with bulges in all the right places".

Well, people would say that on varying levels of articulate speech.
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
So basically

What a dick.
Quote by Jackolas

I don't think it's as simple an issue as either or. You see all sorts of women on TV. I can speak for the UK when I say this but I bet it's the same in most parts of the world.

I sometimes think people over-react about this. Of course there are women that are consider beautiful, and certain types of women are more socially accepted beauty. It's just like anything else.

If someone said to you "define" a beautiful girl, you may something along the lines of "long, flowing blonde, brunette or dark hair, natural and soft features, bright sparkling eyes, slim athletic figure with bulges in all the right places".

This guy has just written your essay for you. You'd better have a ****ing huge cookie for him.
Quote by Zero-Hartman
Maybe you have lower standards
~Domino?

This life's too good to last
and I'm too young to care.

Musics
Follow me on Twitter, I'm cool.
Being overweight is an unattractive characteristic. It's signifies bad health/bad genes.

You don't have to be skinny, but when you weigh more than most guys your age, then that's usually a problem.

That being said, doesn't mean fat chicks can't be attractive. I was actually fortunate enough to meet one at a party last week. Cute blonde, great taste in music, and plays bass. My intentions weren't to **** her though, seeing as she already had a boyfriend and it was one of my good friends.

Yes, the media has been reinforcing certain styles and images over others, but who are the ones that follow it? Other women. You either join and fit the norm, or stay behind and make a statement.
Quote by pak1351
I don't need the media to tell me who's hot, that's what my third leg is for

its like those "water sticks" old people will tell you (use the stick to find water in the ground)

just follow the little fella, he'll tell you where to go.
Quote by craggis19
This guy has just written your essay for you. You'd better have a ****ing huge cookie for him.

Cheers, just telling it how it is.
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
Just because there are 'always hot chicks' doesnt mean you weren't interested because of anything much other than 'OMG SHES HAWT SHE HAS A HAWT BODDEH!11'

It's usually not realistic... well... depends where you look I guess.

Mehhh.

Quote by Vad
One thread wasn't enough huh?

Also, Personality > looks.

+1 My two favorite people of UG
YELLOWFRIZBEE s FreezerBurn

Stepco's Master
|Colowomble 2016|PSN=yellowfrizbee| + UG Community Radio|
Quote by Andres760

In my honest opinion, I see more hot chicks left and right at university and at the mall then I do on TV.
Quote by Jackolas

By the way, I do totally agree with what you're saying; there are extremes and there are middle areas.

What I'm talking about are the images of women that are airbrushed in magazines, or say in films and TV when massive amounts of stage make-up are used to cover up imperfections

Then of course in Britain at least, you get plenty of images of fat people too, and the news media telling us that we have a weight crisis, when if you walk around a lot of places the problem isn't nearly as bad as it's made out

I guess I'm saying that media distorts how things are portrayed, whether for better or for worse, and I really don't agree with that

Quote by Våd Hamster
One thread wasn't enough huh?

Also, Personality > looks.

Personality AND looks > Personality > Looks
Why settle?
~Domino?

This life's too good to last
and I'm too young to care.

Musics
Follow me on Twitter, I'm cool.
Quote by Domino
Personality AND looks > Personality > Looks
Why settle?

Some people can't afford to pick and choose...

Quote by Jackolas
Cheers, just telling it how it is.

Why thanks for your thanks. Does TS have enough opinions yet? How long does the essay have to be?
Quote by Zero-Hartman
as long as i want to make it
i just wanna be a published writer, and i thought this would be a good topic to write about
ITS NOT FOR SCHOOL
Page 1 of 2