I've had it for a while now, on and off. I used head and shoulders. It worked for about two weeks, and then it started coming back. Then it went away for a while, and in the middle of the summer it came back again. Now I've tried H&S, this organic tar kinda thing, then the Neutrogena T-Gel stuff for dandruff... and none of it works. My dandruff is really bad today, which is odd because it has NEVER been this bad... I mean it's really bad. And I'm really self conscious about it, because I'm on my last white t-shirt and tomorrow I'll have to wear black. It sounds kinda like I'm a bitch, but for real, nobody wants white flakes all on the back of their shirt. I tried using saflower oil, cause it's got a lot of vitamin E in it, and thats good for you skin.

It seems that nothing works. Who has it, and what do you do to prevent/get rid of it?
I just had my hair cut last Saturday, and it's about an inch in the back where it's the worst... inch and a half on the sides where it's pretty bad too... and about two-three inches on top where it isn't so bad.
Head and Shoulders didn't do a thing for me, T-gel doesn't make it go away but it contains it. Just ask a doctor, I'm sure there are tons of other people like this. But yeah, it is pretty gross and embarrassing when someone sees your dandruff.
try loreal stuff, its like dark blue with orange bits on it, its really strong apparently.
sealsum blue works for me
Quote by Julz127
I don't actually use toilet paper, I use sweet chili sauce and sandpaper, cause I'm a man.
Sure you don't have dry scalp? Because Dry Scalp and Dandruff are different. Dry scalp is something you have to go to the doctor's for.

If it is Dandruff, try using hte shampoo every other day, as opposed to everyday. Also, use a comb in the shower.
How do you tell the difference between dry scalp and dandruff? Because it's just white flakes that are small and others that are kinda big and creep me out.
Quote by guitarkid2113

I've had it for a while now, on and off. I used head and shoulders. It worked for about two weeks, and then it started coming back. Then it went away for a while, and in the middle of the summer it came back again. Now I've tried H&S, this organic tar kinda thing, then the Neutrogena T-Gel stuff for dandruff... and none of it works. My dandruff is really bad today, which is odd because it has NEVER been this bad... I mean it's really bad. And I'm really self conscious about it, because I'm on my last white t-shirt and tomorrow I'll have to wear black. It sounds kinda like I'm a bitch, but for real, nobody wants white flakes all on the back of their shirt. I tried using saflower oil, cause it's got a lot of vitamin E in it, and thats good for you skin.

It seems that nothing works. Who has it, and what do you do to prevent/get rid of it?

i really can't help in any way other than to advise you to stay away from Selson Blue. i have a friend who has jet black hair (hispanic) and after a couple of weeks the stuff actually started to turn it green.
Quote by guitarkid2113
How do you tell the difference between dry scalp and dandruff? Because it's just white flakes that are small and others that are kinda big and creep me out.

Dandruff's just dead skin and a dry scalp is a scalp that's dry
Head & Shoulders doesn't really work on my dandruff but it keeps my shitty scalp in good condition so I like it.
I'm dancing in the moonlight
It's caught me in its spotlight
Dancing in the moonlight
On this long hot summer night

Martin D-28
Last edited by Chips- at Sep 10, 2008,

it worked when i used it. :S
obviosuly not the different language one. thats the only pic i could fine on photobucket.
but try the different language one, maybe it works better.
wen i ask they say that they fall into the habit smhw ........but nyways i think there is a connection smwhere. Now i being a teetollar will not give into this habit nyhw

FOR JUST £2 A WEEK, YOU CAN PREVENT THIS.
H&S is REALLY aggressive by the way. Best not over-use it.
Military use of children?

Infantry.
I get dry skin under my beard. It sucks. I just put lotion in it. Now I have a happy beard.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.

But seriously, it is very annoying, I had it last year, but mine frazzled away
Unlucky, but maybe just like make a mizture of a ton of stuff
Quote by MetalHead73
So I, with a broomstick(Just in case) walk right where they can see me and I said:

"You kids ever taken a broom up the ass?"

The look on their face was priceless, and they ran, and I mean ran like a bat out of hell.
I'm thinking it's dry scalp/dry dandruff... something like that. My scalp is really itchy and stuff.

So I think I might try putting some crushed aspririn in my hair with normal shampoo? Or maybe olive oil?
I have sebborheic dermatitis, which is just like dandruff, but you cant get rid of it. You can only attempt to control it.

NOTHING HURTS BATMAN!

Quote by dannay
what this man says is correct.

Quote by clemm
WHAT IS THE PIT!?!?!!!!!!?!??
--clemm

n00b
I crushed two aspirin and mixed them with some normal shampoo and no dandruff today!

Is there any problem with doing this everyday? Or every other day... the days I'm gonna wash my hair?
I had dandruff like crazy a few months ago, I mean it was disgusting and I would wake up in the middle of the night super itch and couldn't sleep. Then I did H&S and it's gone now. But I would also recommend eating healthy, like no sugar. I'm know that helped me.

I hear apple cider vinegar is great for dandruff too.