Page 1 of 8
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...

I was playing my ps1 that day, my mum made me turn it off, it didn't really hit home at the time what had happened.
I'm watching some show about it.
I don't remember the event, and after seven years I've stopped caring.

I'm so cool and callous.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
Quote by smb
I don't really remember November 2001.

What about September?

EDIT: oh, i get it.

I remember coming home from school and seeing my mum watching the towers go down on the news. I thought it was a movie at the time.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
Quote by smb

Pedantry
The DNA results show that Jeremy Kyle is a nob.

Quote by titsmcgee852
I want to look at your sexual naked body.
Quote by smb

also RIP to those who died
Hull City A.F.C

Quote by Thrashtastic15
crunkym toy diuckl;ess ass ****igkjn ****** **** bitch ass pussy ****er douchecanoe ****** **** you s omn cnt you lieet le biutch
I was at school and had no idea until I came home, then I watched the awful events unfold live.
Opie and Anthony Fan
XM 202 | SIRIUS 197
Linger Longer
I can remember that day. My rabbit died too.
Quote by HuckIt
I didn't find it that funny when I saw myself doing him in missionary position...

Quote by Oblivion_Rps
I was having sex with a female dolphin. In the dream I was like:
"YEEEEEEEAAAARGH I'M SCREWIN' A FEMALE DOLPHIN!!!" and when I woke up I was like:
"... wtf"
god bless those who lost their lives and our troops who are fighting for our freedom in iraq
The Conservative youth of America!
I remember exactly what happened. I was in 7th grade and we had morning Cross Country practice at 6 am. In the 15-20 minutes between the end of practice and the beginning of classes, as a couple of friends and I were walking to class, one of the teachers stumbled out and said "Come check this out - you won't believe it." The news was showing footage of the crash. I didn't really know what to think of it - was speechless.

Quote by metalscott76
god bless those who lost their lives and our troops who are fighting for our freedom in iraq

They are not fighting for our freedom. We have had our freedom for 232 years...
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
This is Amerrca. We speak amercan. Y'all don't like it, y'all can just get out of our country.

It's September 11, so it's 9/11. Dumb Mexicans.

Git-r-dun.
Quote by Wiirdo
I can remember that day. My rabbit died too.

RIP man
Quote by Moggan13
Serjem is like a Bishops testicals: Swollen
ಠ_ಠ
IIIIfb * KARKOLI * ytIIII(mostly rock... a little funky, a little hard just the way you want it )
RIP. It took a couple of days for it to really sink in.

Quote by metalscott76

Not to turn this into a political debate, but the troops in Iraq are not fighting for our freedom. Stop it.
although, i live in New York and i almost didn't see my father again that day, i just wish all this 9/11 remembrance would sorta end and we would just sorta mourn it without the constant media attention.
Due to recent cutbacks, the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off
Quote by darkstar2466

They are not fighting for our freedom. We have had our freedom for 232 years...

You took the words right out of my... keyboard.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
Quote by Powerhouse
This is Amerrca. We speak amercan. Y'all don't like it, y'all can just get out of our country.

It's September 11, so it's 9/11. Dumb Mexicans.

Git-r-dun.

This isn't America.
America isn't a language.
Go home.
Tool.

My thoughts go out to the families that lost people close to them.
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████

You'll Never Walk Alone
i cannot really remember the event as i was only nine years old then, but I can certainly remember the effects its had on all our lives, and i know of the heroes that sacrificed them to save others

RIP
MYSPACE
MYUG

Quote by lp_std
no idea but your avatar wins
Congrats everyone, it only took you 20 posts before starting with petty squabbling in a 9/11 remembrance thread.

Of course, I won't forget what happened.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by kidsilcon
This isn't America.
America isn't a language.
Go home.
Tool.

I think your sarcasm detector is broken.

Dumbass.
RIP everyone that died.

I remember coming home from school that tuesday and hearing about it before football training.

RMF

I was much further out than you thought
And not waving but drowning.
I was much too far out all my life
And not waving but drowning.
I was sitting in a hotel in New York city and I heard BOOOM. I just kinda sat there for a minute, opened up my window, heard people screaming and then dust just overtook the sky, it was like a gray blur.
sometimes
I remember watching the second plane hit on the news and then watching the two towers collapse. As well as all of the terrible images of people jumping, the second explosion, people running in the streets as the towers fell.

The thought of all of those people trapped in the towers as it collapsed . . .

Frankly, I would also like to remember all of the innocent people who died in the subsequent years as a result of 9/11.

And also, to aknowledge the fact that worse things have happened around the world, before and after that terrible day.
We had a special assembly when it was announced, I didn't really know what was going on, I heard my mummeh and gran talking about it but it took a few days for me to realise what was happening.

RIP.
I came home from school and my dad told me 2 planes flew in the towers..
and I asked: 'by accident ?'

/facepalm

--------------------
-------------------
------------------
-----------------
----------------
---------------

So why did it even happen?

The thing that really gripes me about 9/11 is it's utter pointlessness. The closest to an explanation we get is from our leaders, who are only using it to further their own agenda.

7 years on and still, all we can do is point the finger at a completely abstract and arguably non-existant foe.
how can we forget when every year we are bombarded with rememinders.....it was a tragic event, but there are other things in life just as tragic that are overlooked each day. (30,000 people die daily in 3rd world countries due to poverty, yet we dont hear about that cuz its not in our backyard)

Epi Les Paul Std w/Duncans
ESP LTD EX260
Cry Baby From Hell
Marshall JH-1
EHX Metal Muff
MXR EVH Phase 90
Carl Martin Classic Chorus
EHX #1 Echo
Ibanez LU-20
Dunlop DCB-10
Crate V50112
Tascam US144

PEDALBOARD JUNKIES
Quote by Tyler Durden
how can we forget when every year we are bombarded with rememinders.....it was a tragic event, but there are other things in life just as tragic that are overlooked each day. (30,000 people die daily in 3rd world countries due to poverty, yet we dont hear about that cuz its not in our backyard)

...we don't hear about that?
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
Quote by duncang
...we don't hear about that?

show me the forum....tell me when it was on the news last....compare the number of documentaries of 9/11 vs. world hunger.... Im not trying to be ignorant, Im just saying yes it was tragic, but we hear so much about it ONLY because it was against the USA...

Epi Les Paul Std w/Duncans
ESP LTD EX260
Cry Baby From Hell
Marshall JH-1
EHX Metal Muff
MXR EVH Phase 90
Carl Martin Classic Chorus
EHX #1 Echo
Ibanez LU-20
Dunlop DCB-10
Crate V50112
Tascam US144

PEDALBOARD JUNKIES
i was pretty young at the time and i at first thought it was a movie....anyway
the next day i remeber everyone at school was talking about why the same thing was on TV on pretty much all the channels.It wasnt until our school hosted an assembly and bell ringing that i understood what actually happened
and

RIP
and may our prayers be with the familys.....
One by one parents were taking their kids out of school early.
Didn't know what was going on. Scared.
Came home. Parents wouldn't tell me what was going on.
Saw the news.
My heart dropped. I asked my parents if we knew anybody who worked there.
They didn't answer.
My childhood died. That day I realized this world is full of shit.
R.I.P. everyone who lost their lives and the heroes who came forward to help.

If Rock is a life-style, then Metal's an addiction

Yelloooow!

Of The

UG Challenge

Quote by Tyler Durden
show me the forum....tell me when it was on the news last....compare the number of documentaries of 9/11 vs. world hunger.... Im not trying to be ignorant, Im just saying yes it was tragic, but we hear so much about it ONLY because it was against the USA...

Live 8.

Guys, stop arguing about this shit. Focus. Let's keep politics out of this for a change and just think of the people who died that day, including the poor idiots who were brainwashed and desperate enough to carry out this atrocity.
A kid in my old school made a video about this. It had an amazing message, the main theme was 'It could have happened to us' and featured lots of news clips from the day.
This was in 2006 i think. The media teacher put it on the plasma screen by the main staircase.

Stupidly, loads of kids were getting really distressed and kept saying '9/11 has happened again' or 'planes crashed into the two towers again'
Kinda sad that they were that stupid. Fair enough they were probably 7 or 8 at the time. But there's been enough coverage in the following years for them to find out what happened. It's just sheer ignorance.

Naturally the 7/7 attacks are a bit closer to home, and (I'm gonna get flamed for this but It's my opinion, so sue me) but I think America needs to let go. It's fine to remember it, but the scale of the memorials etc I don't think it's needed. It's sad but in the UK 7/7 has become another day whilst we quietly respect those who suffered. You can't stop the entire country for a day.
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

Last edited by OddOneOut at Sep 10, 2008,