I know I'm not bad, but, on this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IazPEnI4fYU, and said: don't go overboard, just because he plays shows doesn't make him a prodigy. He then removed it, and a couple of people went to my video and gave it 1 stars: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBSJntHO6Ug, it had 4 before them. Am I bad? How do we compare? And could my UG brothers go and teach this overhyped jerk a lesson?
Quote by chip46
"I'm discontinuing production on the Timmy now as well. It might come back into production at some point down the road, but probably not because people will just clone it anyway cause they're stupid jerk face doo doo heads. -Paul C."
Play guitar becuase you love it, not becuase you want to one up some e-persona. Practice hard and always strive to improve - who cares what some unknown rates you out of five stars on ****in you tube?
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
That was Pipeline, not an improv, but neither was I, one thing is I write songs, all he does is cover, could anyone help my vids rating?
Quote by chip46
"I'm discontinuing production on the Timmy now as well. It might come back into production at some point down the road, but probably not because people will just clone it anyway cause they're stupid jerk face doo doo heads. -Paul C."
Seriously, if that kid is a prodigy than I'm a fucking god. I also like to add that you aren't that good but with more practice you will get there.
Quote by strat0blaster
Play guitar becuase you love it, not becuase you want to one up some e-persona. Practice hard and always strive to improve - who cares what some unknown rates you out of five stars on ****in you tube?

+1.
I'm just really short-tempered. And, lol, one of the guys' name was EricVanhalen, and the other had a bunch of Nascar collision videos.
Quote by chip46
To the guy who said I'm not that good, I agree, it took me hours to film that video because I kept screwing it up.
Quote by chip46
I want to tell you a short story.

When my Dad was growing up in Scotland in the 60's, he learnt to play Guitar, starting at the age of 12 he played for 2 years, and then was the same age as this kid. He had a band when he was 13 that ran till he was around 16. Did people put videos of him on the internet at the time and call him a prodigy. Was he in the paper saying "Amazing 14 year old guitarist shocks world"; no, no he works for a computing company .

Just because young people play, it dosn't mean there amazing, it just means that they started younger than a lot of people did, most people don't start till early to mid teens, because that's when music starts to really become important to you.

tl;dr?

Prodigy is a word used to describe faggot children of over bearing Parents who live their musical aspirations through, not guitar gods.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
I should start calling myself a prodigy now.
Quote by chip46
What can I do to improve my surf playing?
Quote by chip46
I don't want to brag, but I could play that well when I was 14.. That kid is pretty average for a 14y old that has been playing for 2 years in my opinion. (I also started at 12 btw..)
Quote by ChemicalFire
I want to tell you a short story.

When my Dad was growing up in Scotland in the 60's, he learnt to play Guitar, starting at the age of 12 he played for 2 years, and then was the same age as this kid. He had a band when he was 13 that ran till he was around 16. Did people put videos of him on the internet at the time and call him a prodigy. Was he in the paper saying "Amazing 14 year old guitarist shocks world"; no, no he works for a computing company .

Just because young people play, it dosn't mean there amazing, it just means that they started younger than a lot of people did, most people don't start till early to mid teens, because that's when music starts to really become important to you.

tl;dr?

Prodigy is a word used to describe faggot children of over bearing Parents who live their musical aspirations through, not guitar gods.

You, my friend, can't be more right.

Yea man. Keep practicing and don't listen to the douchebags on youtube. Now you can, however, learn a lot of stuff from some of their constructive criticism. Yea but practice to keep a steady tremelo strum (or whatever it's called). Like even alternate picking. keep practicing. My advice is don't post a cover unless you're 90% sure you did good on it. Of course i'm not discouraging you, but youtubers do tend to worsen the situation
that kids pretty good....you're not bad either...

I suck
[img]http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/3760/356h356h365pc1.png[/img]
Die Ruhe vor dem Sturm.
Quote by lespaul#1
+1.
I'm just really short-tempered. And, lol, one of the guys' name was EricVanhalen, and the other had a bunch of Nascar collision videos.

I'd say it's just some Van Halen fanatic who's name is Eric. I woudln't call him up on it in case you end up looking stupid. When I used to jam with my mate Eric (coincidentally) who plays the keys, we used to joke around and I'd call him Eric Sherinian. Unfortunatly Rory Petrucci doesn't have the same ring...

I haven't looked at either of the videos though but it sounds like somebody's being a dick to you over the internet (not unheard of). Forget about it. Shitty about the ratings though, I don't blame you for being pissed.
Originally posted by WlCmToTheJungle "you have just received the amish computer virus. Since the amish dont have computers it's based on there honor system so please delete all of your files immediatly. thank you
I'd say it's just some Van Halen fanatic who's name is Eric.

Oh, I knew that, I just meant a Van Halen fan shouldn't be insulting me on bad music.
Quote by chip46