i have a solid state amp (peavey bandit old version) and was wondering if the new joe satch pedal would work with it ok as its a overdrive pedal?

i don't want a new amp, i want a new pedal so don't recommend me a new AMP! i dont have the money right now but when i do i shall get a new AMP! and i know what amp ill be getting once i have the money to spend and will USE it.

Thanks
Just put it towards your new amp, overdrives don't really work too well with solid state amps.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by Kevin Saale
Just put it towards your new amp, overdrives don't really work too well with solid state amps.

i couldn't agree more
The satchurator is a very nice od pedal, so if you want one, get it. But, I do warn you, the guys above make a good point. It would sound so much better through a really good amp. I tried my blackstar through my epi valve jr, and it was godly, but through my bro's SS amp, it sounded terrible.
Quote by Kensai

Awesome guy right here
Quote by Kevin Saale

Why not? Imo they replicate a valve amp cranked to overdrive fairly well, seeing as that is their purpose. In this case a new amp is called for though
Fender USA Telecaster
Laney VC30-210
Vox Wah
That's it :|
Quote by i_am_metalhead
The Satchurator is NOT an OD - its a distortion pedal. And it should work fine with your SS amp.

Thank you Isaac Newton
Quote by i_am_metalhead
The Satchurator is NOT an OD - its a distortion pedal. And it should work fine with your SS amp.

It will work indeed, but in the long run he would be better off getting a new amp. After all, he's gonna want to upgade sometime.

The GAS takes hold of us all.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Raijouta

The GAS takes hold of us all.

Too true. The GAS is a truly evil beast.
Mitch Hedberg Group
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/koalabears/

Quote by Irnmaiden4life
why didnt you just play like crap?
if you need help with that, ask Vincent745

Quote by imgooley
Awe, so cute...

How old are you?

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Old enough to yell rape.
Quote by i_am_metalhead

+1. Other people just guessing and posting misinformation FTL.
My VYPYR is solid state and it takes to pedals great.
what is the difference between OD and Dist pedals?
They don't really push your amp's tubes hotter to create more distortion, they just change the input sound or change the sound after the pre amp based on where it is on your setup right?
ODs overdrive tube amps (they can be used for their gain on a solid state, but tend to be muddy used in this manner.

Distortion pedals add their own gain. They are best used on a clean channel since it tends to get messy when you use the amps OD and the dist box together. You can use them as a dirtier OD by setting the gain low and the level high.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not