Page 1 of 2
I search bar'd a few things, but couldn't find something close to this.

Conversation 1

Friend - I like every song on GH3 except Pride and Joy.
Me - Why not?
Friend - It's just not my style.
Me - So you don't like blues rock?
Friend - Blues? Isn't that like emo country or something?

Conversation 2

Me - What bands do you like?
Friend - *lists bands*
Me - *lists bands*
Friend - Woah, you like AC/DC? They're kind of cool I guess, but I'm not too fond of 90's screamo.

Quote by SloppyJoseph
It doesn't fit my playing style at all so I figured it would be good for me
Quote by TheReFiller

Conversation 1

Me - Why not?

Conversation 2

Friend - *lists bands*
Me - *lists bands*
Friend - Woah, you like AC/DC? They're kind of cool I guess, but I'm not too fond of 90's screamo.

haha

ಠ_ಠ

wat

people always call screaming stuff screamo, are they not clever enough to work out that its scream and emo combined?!

JESUS!
Parboil his head.
If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face—forever." 1984.
Quote by slayer_rule_\m/
people always call screaming stuff screamo, are they not clever enough to work out that its scream and emo combined?!

JESUS!

most ppl take todays metal, no matter who it is, and call it screamo. just as most metalheads see rap and hiphop as the same term basically. which imo is true. but it still annoys me that everything i listen to is considered screamo by outsiders
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
i love me some bunnys

--> --> --> -->

Anybody up for a WookieCore Band? You let me know.

Watch me as i Rock on...
hahaa

me: i duno, slayer just seem to ruin their songs with the same shitty solos each time
mate: yeah, i hate black metal
me: laugh for a long time
Quote by Jackal58
I only judge people based upon the color of their skin.

Quote by Kilty Boxers
id like to shave my balls, but i always cut myself and when i do my shaver is like om nom nom testicle skin.
Quote by RaveRock
You need new friends.

I think the first one might have been joking, but the second one had no clue what she was talking about.
Quote by SloppyJoseph
It doesn't fit my playing style at all so I figured it would be good for me
Quote by TheReFiller

Conversation 1

Me - Why not?

Conversation 2

Friend - *lists bands*
Me - *lists bands*

Pink Floyd is Teh Best

Xbox Gamertag = Nick Schro

Lets blaze, put this in your sig if you want to get high
All of the assumptions are false.
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....
Quote by Raiderkid38
most ppl take todays metal, no matter who it is, and call it screamo. just as most metalheads see rap and hiphop as the same term basically. which imo is true. but it still annoys me that everything i listen to is considered screamo by outsiders

I thought hip hop was just the music they have in the background in rap, but i know hip hops a genre to im just describing it.
I listen to a little bit of classical music. And my friends think that a large volume of my music is classical. Which it is, I won't disagree, but in comparison to music of other styles, classical is hardly the largest. They think I'm a nerd/geek because I have just a little bit of jazz and classical... and that all classical is fancy violins and such.
Peavey HP Signature EXP (SH4 JB/ SH2 Jazz)
Jackson DK2M
Fender MIM Stratocaster HSS
Fender MiM Telecaster

EVH 5150 III w/ EVH 2x12 cab
Peavey Vypyr Tube 60
Fender Blues Jr.

Boss ME-50; NS-2; RV-5; BF-3
MXR M101 Phase 90
Quote by slayer_rule_\m/

JESUS!

:O
i didnt actually know that
i could identify screamo is but never knew it was a combination with screaming and emo :O
I agree with Hello.Kitty, who agrees with RaveRock, who agrees with the fact that you need new friends.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

How can u have friends like that? I would of gone on a killing spree already.
These kind of things just HAVE to be made up.

It's almost as bad as that chick I know who didn't know who Bob Dylan is.
Quote by E V H 5150
I listen to a little bit of classical music. And my friends think that a large volume of my music is classical. Which it is, I won't disagree, but in comparison to music of other styles, classical is hardly the largest. They think I'm a nerd/geek because I have just a little bit of jazz and classical... and that all classical is fancy violins and such.

I get this all the time.

"WTF do you have piano music on your ipod???"
Quote by slayer_rule_\m/

JESUS!

you mean cannibal corpse isnt screamo?!
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

I still know people who are completely convinced that Emo=New Punk/Pop.

Oh, wait, that's 90% of the world's population...
Quote by tonedeafidiot
I still know people who are completely convinced that Emo=New Punk/Pop.

Oh, wait, that's 90% of the world's population...

I still know people who don't realise that language is never set in stone and that word's meanings alter over time and as people's perceptions change.

Protip: You're one of them.
Quote by Raiderkid38

Well most metal bands today are mostly screamo in singer style (or at least a good part of the time) I think it is the reason why i can't listen to alot of it even though some of the instrumental parts of the stuff are ok. I have a hard to listening to megadeath, pantera, a7x because of the vocal styles.
Back in school most the people thought that any form of rock music was 'gothic'. Though in year 11 the spiceboys and some chavs started getting into Blink 182
Quote by Vermintide
I still know people who don't realise that language is never set in stone and that word's meanings alter over time and as people's perceptions change.

Protip: You're one of them.

OK then, let's start another!

Metal=Disco! GO!
Quote by metvettefreak
+1

+1
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
Quote by tonedeafidiot

Metal=Disco! GO!

I think you missed his point. Yes, the emo back in the day before emo became all gay was "true" emo, but that doesn't change the fact that modern emo is still emo. I haven't found some dumb name for recent metal music simply because it isn't the same as metal from over a decade ago.
My brother thinks that anything with harsh vocals is death metal. That's right Justin, I'm talking about you!
Quote by tonedeafidiot

Metal=Disco! GO!

If in twenty year's time people had started calling metal disco, then yes. I would accept it.

I wouldn't be that guy who always drones on about how "BUT DISCO WAS ACTUALLY A GENRE OF EARLY DANCE WITH INFLUENCES FROM R&B AND SOUL!!!"
Quote by madbasslover
I think you missed his point. Yes, the emo back in the day before emo became all gay was "true" emo, but that doesn't change the fact that modern emo is still emo. I haven't found some dumb name for recent metal music simply because it isn't the same as metal from over a decade ago.

Am I living in the only area in the world where true emo is still played in rock clubs? Dang...
Quote by tonedeafidiot
Am I living in the only area in the world where true emo is still played in rock clubs? Dang...

considering your location is "under your bed" probably.
Quote by madbasslover

How bout "true" br00t4lz?
Quote by Vermintide
These kind of things just HAVE to be made up.

It's almost as bad as that chick I know who didn't know who Bob Dylan is.

I knew a guy who didnt know who Bob Dylan. And he didnt recognize "satisfaction" by the stones. And he didnt know who Bob Marley was. it was pretty sad.
Quote by ViperScale
Well most metal bands today are mostly screamo in singer style (or at least a good part of the time) I think it is the reason why i can't listen to alot of it even though some of the instrumental parts of the stuff are ok. I have a hard to listening to megadeath, pantera, a7x because of the vocal styles.

The fail is strong in this one.

Most metal bands aren't "screamo" in style. In fact, if they do have a screamo singing style, to UG, they aren't true metal so that's that. There IS a difference between metal screaming/growling and "screamo".

Second of all, Dave Mustaine's vocals in Megadeth aren't anywhere close to being screamed at all, whatsoever. Phil Anselmo's vocals are harsh, but not really screaming. And Matt Shadows, well, he just sucks so...

And I don't really have any stories like these except for the usual person calling all the metal I listen to "screamo".
Page 1 of 2