OK, so I am looking for a new bridge pickup.

I am looking for something that doesnt necessarily has high output but must be good for chording, but most important it must be good for shredding.

Any opinions?

I can choose between Dimarzio and Seymour Duncan.
Purple string dampener scrunchy.
I love my SD's - I have a Jazz in the neck and a Screamin' Demon in the bridge - it screams on lead and sounds great with chords

Epi Les Paul Std w/Duncans
ESP LTD EX260
Cry Baby From Hell
Marshall JH-1
EHX Metal Muff
MXR EVH Phase 90
Carl Martin Classic Chorus
EHX #1 Echo
Ibanez LU-20
Dunlop DCB-10
Crate V50112
Tascam US144

PEDALBOARD JUNKIES
what kind of guitar by the way?

ESP LTD EX260
Cry Baby From Hell
Marshall JH-1
EHX Metal Muff
MXR EVH Phase 90
EHX #1 Echo
Ibanez LU-20
Dunlop DCB-10
Crate V50112
Tascam US144

PEDALBOARD JUNKIES
Ibanez RG.

BTW:

About the guys who ask first what amp I have, I am going to buy a Rivera tube amp soon.
yeah its not the make really, its the pickup, because both makes have loads of pickups that are ideal for shredding and will all give different sounds, could you be more specific? such as maybe an artist who you want to have your tone close to?
How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck norris

A lot
Dimarzio D-Sonic.
Guitars:
Ibanez RGR321EX
Schecter Omen 7 (with Dimarzio D-Sonic in bridge and Air Norton in neck)
Effects:
Tokai TFL-1 Flanger
Boss RGE-10 Graphic EQ
Ibanez DE7 Delay/Echo
Boss TU-2 Tuner
Amp:
Laney IronHeart IRT60 212
Well, I have always loved bridge tones like Marty Friedman, Petrucci and I think Lynch, best bridge tone I have ever heard though was Rick Emmett from Triumph.
Quote by Guitar0player
Well, I have always loved bridge tones like Marty Friedman, Petrucci and I think Lynch, best bridge tone I have ever heard though was Rick Emmett from Triumph.

The Screamin' Demon is George Lynch's signature P/U just in case you dont know...

P/Us are hard cuz you cant really test them....however the Seymore Duncan site has sound clips of all their current P/U's - check it out

ESP LTD EX260
Cry Baby From Hell
Marshall JH-1
EHX Metal Muff
MXR EVH Phase 90
EHX #1 Echo
Ibanez LU-20
Dunlop DCB-10
Crate V50112
Tascam US144

PEDALBOARD JUNKIES
Try a Dimarzio D-Sonic or Seymour Duncan Full Shred or Demon.
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC
Quote by which ones pink
There is zero point in buying new pickups if you haven't bought your new amp. Pickups are for tweaking the finer points of your tone; if you don't know what tone you have how can you tweak it?

+1, exactly what I was going to say.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by which ones pink
There is zero point in buying new pickups if you haven't bought your new amp. Pickups are for tweaking the finer points of your tone; if you don't know what tone you have how can you tweak it?

Hmm....good point indeed.

I'll get back to you as soon as I do.
Quote by which ones pink

+2

Good for shredding, massive midrange spike and thick low end but can mud up a little bit for chording if it's too close to the strings though. Very loud and in your face, doesn't do subtle very well but if you want something flash and impolite it's perfect.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
Good for shredding, massive midrange spike and thick low end but can mud up a little bit for chording if it's too close to the strings though. Very loud and in your face, doesn't do subtle very well but if you want something flash and impolite it's perfect.

Well, can it do classic rock riffs?

I dont do cleans on bridge pickups, unless split or single coils.
Maybe a Dimarzio Breed as thats a bit more vintage in its voicing yet still has enough output to be in your face when you want it to be.
ESP M-1 - Dimarzio Super3
Ibanez RG3270 ToneZone/Blue Velvet/Paf Pro
Ibanez RG1527
PRS CE22
Mercer Blackmachine Replica

Diezel Herbert
Diezel Einstein Combo
TC GMajor

Gain Wh0re and Diezel Mafioso
Sorry I should have phrased that slightly differently as its not a vintage tone really. The Breed is essentially a hot rodded Paf pro plus a nice bottom end. Check out the Dimarzio site for sound clips as i reckon you will be pleasantly surprised.
ESP M-1 - Dimarzio Super3
Ibanez RG3270 ToneZone/Blue Velvet/Paf Pro
Ibanez RG1527
PRS CE22
Mercer Blackmachine Replica

Diezel Herbert
Diezel Einstein Combo
TC GMajor

Gain Wh0re and Diezel Mafioso
Quote by which ones pink

agreed. by all means get new pickups when you've already got the amp, but i'd wait until you do so you know how you want to fine tune your tone...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?