hi people,i'm new to this forum,at the moment ive just been recording thru mic on computer thru audacity,ive beeen doing some research and am quite impressed with toneport,line 6 software,with that said is the latency pretty much zero using these devices or do i have to get a new computer with firewire to have no latency at all.

thx.
I run a Line 6 GuitarPort to USB and still use audacity...it works for me but it isn't the best.
Quote by RocknRollRay
If you make a clone of yourself, then have sex with yourself,

Is it incest or masturbation?
Quote by wtf290
It's not incest, but it's not masturbation.
It'd be closer to incest than masturbation, but I don't think there's a word for it.
Quote by ScottElwood
Incesturbation?
Quote by Rocknroller309
I run a Line 6 GuitarPort to USB and still use audacity...it works for me but it isn't the best.

+1. I use the Line6 GuitarPort to USB as well, but use Acid 6.0 and/or Adobe Audition 1.5 (though a 2.0 is available, I find 1.5 very nice)
Amps
Mesa Dual Recto 3 Ch
Peavey 6505 Combo

Cab
ENGL E212VH Cab

Guitars
Epi Explorer
Schecter Damien 6
Squier Strat (signed by Rob Zombie!)

Pedals
ISP Decimator
Dunlop Crybaby Original
Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensenble
Boss GE-7 Equalizer
the problem your going to run into recording through your computer is sound delay... unless you want to pay for very expensive hardware, and software.

like, when you hit the strings, there will be like a 2 second delay before the actual sound is processed through your computer
Quote by Vypor
the problem your going to run into recording through your computer is sound delay... unless you want to pay for very expensive hardware, and software.

like, when you hit the strings, there will be like a 2 second delay before the actual sound is processed through your computer

With the GuitarPort with the latency set to basically zero, you have essentially zero delay. GuitarPort users can back me on that.
Amps
Mesa Dual Recto 3 Ch
Peavey 6505 Combo

Cab
ENGL E212VH Cab

Guitars
Epi Explorer
Schecter Damien 6
Squier Strat (signed by Rob Zombie!)

Pedals
ISP Decimator
Dunlop Crybaby Original
Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensenble
Boss GE-7 Equalizer
If you want to record and switch to a mac, Garageband offers 0 delay also.
Although there are times when I have some delay, I jsut have to restart my comp or free up some ram by closing programs.
Check out my recordings if you want to see the quality.
thx for replies,i do like audacity so thats a plus to use that,i thought u would have to record on line 6 recording software,i take it audacity is simpler to record with.

i'll probab end u getting a new computer specifically for recording in 6 months time so sounds like line 6 will work fine for me just now,givesd me time to work it all out lol