Before I left for school, I played a couple of things to pass the time and everything sounded perfect. I came back from school and found that both my G and high E string sounded like they were muted when the amp wasn't on. When I tried it on the amp, it sounded muted. I checked everything and couldn't find any problem at all. it's a Squier Strat with Ernie ball Hybrid Slinky strings that changed around a month or two ago.
Interested in Japan? Join the Club. PM me or Kurt-Corgan.
Quote by PieceOfMind666

Haha, that was an epic pic battle. you are a worthy opponent

Do you regularly use hybrids or a different guage?
sounds like the action needs adjusting
Equipment

GUITARS
Jackson RX10D
Ibanez GAX30
Ninja Strat Copy

AMPS
Laney LX120Twin Extreme
Fender Frontman 15W

Effects
Boss ME-20 Multi Effects Board
hmm.. maybe something went wrong with the neck. Do these strings sound muted while pressing on various frets throughout the neck?

your bridge might need a little adjustment
most of the time i use Hybrid Slinkys, i'll check the bridge.
Quote by PieceOfMind666

Could be a lot of things. Old strings with a lot of gunk on em could be a culprit, but they'd sound more lifeless then muted.

Could be a neck adjustment issue. Could be the bridge. Could be action height. It's difficult to know with the info given. I doubt it's the type of strings you use, especially if your B string isn't doing it also.
-Guitar Gear-
1995 American Fender Strat, EMG 85 pup
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
Play what you love, love what you play
I've checked the bridge and nothing there. Adjusted Action and nothing happened. Changed strings and nothing changed. I've had this guitar for about 2 years now and only recently started doing it.
Quote by PieceOfMind666