I am looking into buying one of these. I have a Behringer V-tone GM108(15 watts) right now, but i need something with more power and because its in pretty bad shape. I cant decide between the Fender or Behringer. I have never played with a fender before but my Behringer seemed ok. The Behringer is also cheaper then the fender $249.99 - $329.95.

http://www.zzounds.com/item--FEN2316500

http://www.zzounds.com/item--BEHVAMPIRE

I play mostly metal but i also play a little bit of everything. I also want to use my guitar pedal for the amp (digitech rp250). I would like to see what you guys have to say about the amps. If there are any pros and cons you know.

thanks,
chad
behringer
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Neither, please.

Metal for under $300 will always get you recommended a Cube 30 or Cube 60.

Neither of those amps are worth it. Their tone is unbearable, though the cleans on the Frontman are decent.

They are both oversized practice amps, though.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
neither

i have a Frontman 212 and a RP250

where do you live roughly and would this be for home or gig?

it would be for both and i live in a house.
Quote by imgooley
Neither, please.

Metal for under $300 will always get you recommended a Cube 30 or Cube 60.

Neither of those amps are worth it. Their tone is unbearable, though the cleans on the Frontman are decent.

They are both oversized practice amps, though.

thanks
Goolz covered it.

Cube FTW.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by darkarbiter7
Goolz covered it.

Cube FTW.

about how much is a good cube?
About the same price as the amps you're looking at.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by chad120
it would be for both and i live in a house.

never mind then.

i was going to search some stuff on craigslist for ya to see if you might be able to find better for your $329.

unfortunately a house in the USA doesn't help much
Quote by darkarbiter7
About the same price as the amps you're looking at.

well i was looking at some cubes and they are somewhat more expensive and i dont have that much money. my only income is lawn work money (im only 13). im probably gonna get the behringer. thanks anyways

-chad
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
never mind then.

i was going to search some stuff on craigslist for ya to see if you might be able to find better for your $329.

unfortunately a house in the USA doesn't help much

ok sorry i live near houston, tx. thanks
Quote by chad120
well i was looking at some cubes and they are somewhat more expensive and i dont have that much money. my only income is lawn work money (im only 13). im probably gonna get the behringer. thanks anyways

-chad

Go with a Peavey Vypyr..... You will not be sorry.. You go with the behringer I guarantee you will hate it and it will stop working before the year is up..
Quote by Checker

thanks guys but i need more power.

grunt grunt grunt

but i will keep looking. and i have had my behringer for about four years and it still works okay but it just started to rattle alot and i have just started getting my band gigs too and we just have little 10 or 15 watt amps. though the bass player bought a 100 watt amp not too long ago
Quote by IbanezPsycho
Go with a Peavey Vypyr..... You will not be sorry.. You go with the behringer I guarantee you will hate it and it will stop working before the year is up..

ive been touring with mine for 4 years, hasnt had any problems yet.
Quote by chad120
does it only have one input?

Yes, the Vypyr has one input - but how would that sway your decision any? Multiple inputs is somewhat of a novelty on guitar amps anyway as they're often only used by one guitarist at a time (unless you're in a band and there are two guitarists using the same amp, in which case you're doing it wrong.)
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Raijouta
Yes, the Vypyr has one input - but how would that sway your decision any? Multiple inputs is somewhat of a novelty on guitar amps anyway as they're often only used by one guitarist at a time (unless you're in a band and there are two guitarists using the same amp, in which case you're doing it wrong.)

well sometimes we do use the same amp sometimes we dont. but we have a way of controlling eachothers volume when we do so i dont see how it could be wrong.
Quote by chad120
well sometimes we do use the same amp sometimes we dont. but we have a way of controlling eachothers volume when we do so i dont see how it could be wrong.

There are a number of problems with using the same amp - it means you can't use different effects, you share the same tone... what happens when you need to play a solo? Can't boost one guitar when you're playing through the same amp.

Another thing is it means all the guitar tone will be coming from one place - rather than being distributed across the stage or practice space. I suspect this would restrict movement quite a bit...

Anyway, tell your friend to just get an amp of his own.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Quote by Raijouta
There are a number of problems with using the same amp - it means you can't use different effects, you share the same tone... what happens when you need to play a solo? Can't boost one guitar when you're playing through the same amp.

Another thing is it means all the guitar tone will be coming from one place - rather than being distributed across the stage or practice space. I suspect this would restrict movement quite a bit...

Anyway, tell your friend to just get an amp of his own.

ok i use a multieffect guitar pedal and i can change the tone from it to be something incredibly different than what he plays with the amp settings. he plugs in to the regular input and my guitar pedal can plug into the CD input and i can also make volume adjustments on the pedal too.

but most of the time he uses another amp anyway just occassionaly we use the same
Quote by chad120
ok i use a multieffect guitar pedal and i can change the tone from it to be something incredibly different than what he plays with the amp settings. he plugs in to the regular input and my guitar pedal can plug into the CD input and i can also make volume adjustments on the pedal too.

but most of the time he uses another amp anyway just occassionaly we use the same

Quote by IbanezPsycho

whats wrong with using the same amp when we are just jamming??(we use different amps at a band practice or gig) we are not performing in front of people me and him are just jamming at my house.
Quote by IbanezPsycho

+1

Just get a Cube or Vypyr. Ignore both of the amps you have in your original post.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by darkarbiter7
+1

Just get a Cube or Vypyr. Ignore both of the amps you have in your original post.

ok
Quote by chad120

A CD input is not the same as a regular input. Most amps don't have CD inputs because they're not equipped to handle the frequencies of the bass guitar and drums. With regular inputs you share channels, so you'd both experience the effects. The Frontman has no CD input - and the Behringer has no CD input either.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Quote by Raijouta
A CD input is not the same as a regular input. Most amps don't have CD inputs because they're not equipped to handle the frequencies of the bass guitar and drums. With regular inputs you share channels, so you'd both experience the effects. The Frontman has no CD input - and the Behringer has no CD input either.

ok like i said we use different amps when at a band practice or gig. this amp i have right now happens to have a CD input and thats what we use when we just sit around and jam. i will be using my own amp at a practice or gig
Quote by chad120
ok like i said we use different amps when at a band practice or gig. this amp i have right now happens to have a CD input and thats what we use when we just sit around and jam. i will be using my own amp at a practice or gig

Oh. Thanks for clarifying, then.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Quote by chad120

Then why are you looking for an amp with two inputs? If arent going to be using a dual input amp at band practice and once you purchase the new amp you will have two amps. So again why do you need dual inputs?
Quote by IbanezPsycho
Then why are you looking for an amp with two inputs? If arent going to be using a dual input amp at band practice and once you purchase the new amp you will have two amps. So again why do you need dual inputs?

great point. i dont need dual inputs. sorry im pretty tired i have been getting ready to evacuate for that hurricane Ike all day.

thanks
-chad
i'm not saying to go run out and buy this but just to give you an idea for used:

http://houston.craigslist.org/msg/778993498.html

craigslist is a great tool and Houston is a huge market. I saw tons of stuff.
For new however:

Roland cubes are pretty tried and true for ss modellers. Vypyrs are new hybrids but may offer lots of features. Crate Vs are on sale too so look at those. Take your guitar. Keep researching. Don't read the reviews on the dotcom web sites...they are all usually good. Make a long list and then narrow down to short.

And if you absolutely have to have 2 input jacks maybe you can find a used Valveking

Seriously, I know you guys have had your share of hurricane issues so be safe.