Hey
Im new to bass so I got a new bass guitar the other day but the strings on it are terrible! Can u recommend any good bass strings for a small price?
d addairo' are always a soild set for a decent price (are $20 to $30), i do not recomment GHS boomers just a personal dislike though.
Quote by Stiffy Maximus
i smoke some weed and get naked. thats the way to write a good song.
Personally I don't really notice any major differences in brands. Size can be a factor but then again it's all about preferences. Really I'd say try out different brands and see what suits you, you can't really go wrong.
Quote by bassadict
Personally I don't really notice any major differences in brands. Size can be a factor but then again it's all about preferences. Really I'd say try out different brands and see what suits you, you can't really go wrong.

What strings have you been using?
Yeah I thought about Rotosounds but the have loads of different genres and I havent really chosen my fave bass genre. Is there just an all round one?
Can i hijack the thread for a minute? id just like too know how to tell what gauge my strings are? Sorry TS and i hope this is not warning worthy if it is tell me before i get banned again please... thanks
Get a set of calipers. I saw them do this at a guitar shop when they wanted to figure out what size strings were on a guitar before working on it.

To the TS: I use D'addario Prosteels. They're just lovely. Although, I might try out Rotos here soon, considering the general consensus.
Last edited by goest at Sep 11, 2008,
Quote by Kev_ Bass Funk
Can i hijack the thread for a minute? id just like too know how to tell what gauge my strings are? Sorry TS and i hope this is not warning worthy if it is tell me before i get banned again please... thanks
What brand of strings are they? Where did you get them from?
um they are whatever comes on a squire! ive never needed to change strings and think i might soon and i wanted to get the same gauge
Take it to a shop and ask them to change your strings and to put the same gauge on. They'll measure it.
Stock Squier strings are Squier branded 45-110 nickel coated steels, as far as I can find out.

Edit: Squier's site says 45-100 actually
I'm another Rotosund fan, and I changed my strings today and my bass sounds gorgeous. I even got a low B in the pack when I didn't order a five string set lol!
signature