8 14%
Jackson RR24 Alexi Laiho
6 10%
Esp Alexi Laiho
16 28%
Any Dimebag Darrell Dean
2 3%
Voters: 58.
I just got a job... by my birthday *october 15th* I'll be able to afford a new guitar. By then i should have about 1300-1400. I can afford up to 1700 for a guitar, problem is.. I don't know which to get. The choices are: A Jackson RR24, Esp Laiho, Dean Dixie Rebel *Or any Dimebag Dean for that matter*, Jackson RR5, *or wait a few weeks* and get a Jackson RR1 *this being said now most of you will say get the RR1*
Last edited by Graft666 at Sep 10, 2008,
Go and try the guitars you're looking at and see which one you like best.

More to the point though, please try fixing your grammar, that post was an endurance test for me to read.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
how 'bout you spend some of that green on a new amp?

but look at the esp/ltd alexi-600se, that thing is sex
Quote by Ghold125
how 'bout you spend some of that green on a new amp?

but look at the esp/ltd alexi-600se, that thing is sex

Amp comes next

Also esp/ltd alexi-600 se is Alexi Laiho signature I'd be buying...wait they don't sell those anymore?
im assuming from Jackson/Dean/Esp you like metal.

but honestly... ive never played a Jackson Dean or ESP/LTD i liked.

you should really look into Ibanez's RGs, Schecter's C-1 Hellraiser, BC Rich's Mockingbirds or an SG with some EMGs. you can get any of those at about the same price and honestly id think you'd like them more.
------------
Gibson SG 61 Reissue
Squier Bullet
Peavey Rage 158
Digitech Hot Head
Rocktron Short Timer Delay
Fender Tuner Pedal
Well it's obvious really, RR1
You may as well go all out and wait a few weeks to get something top-of-the-line and the RR2 pwns just about anything
ohai little sig.
Quote by mp3stalin
im assuming from Jackson/Dean/Esp you like metal.

but honestly... ive never played a Jackson Dean or ESP/LTD i liked.

you should really look into Ibanez's RGs, Schecter's C-1 Hellraiser, BC Rich's Mockingbirds or an SG with some EMGs. you can get any of those at about the same price and honestly id think you'd like them more.

I like the mockingbird but not enough to buy it, i dislike SG's, Ibanez's and schecter c-1 hellraisers :P

Plus I'd eventually be putting a Seymour duncan blackout in it
why not get a king v (kv2 or phil demmel) i think they give you more things for the KV than for the RRs (24 frets and 2 pickups, not 24 and 1 PU or 22 and 2 PUs) among other stuff. and if you really like rrs, search for an ESP SV on some site
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

SI BUSCAS BANDA EN LATINOAMERICA O ESPAÑA, ENTRA AQUI
RR1. It'd be worth it to wait a few weeks, believe me.
Was it polemically sent,
I Wanna know what you meant
I Wanna know,
I Wanna know what you meant
Quote by ldnovelo
why not get a king v (kv2 or phil demmel) i think they give you more things for the KV than for the RRs (24 frets and 2 pickups, not 24 and 1 PU or 22 and 2 PUs) among other stuff. and if you really like rrs, search for an ESP SV on some site

Im likely gonna end up getting The Esp Laiho I wanna get the Esp/Ltd Alexi Laiho 600 se but i dont think i can find it anywhere
Quote by FRDesign
The ESP Alexi laiho is $3000

i meant the ESP SV. they are like 2000, but they are hard to find. used the are like 1500. (in USD) cheack them, they are like the ESP alexi but with two pickups.
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

Quote by ldnovelo
i meant the ESP SV. they are like 2000, but they are hard to find. used the are like 1500. (in USD) cheack them, they are like the ESP alexi but with two pickups.

oh shit http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5c49ghAGFY = the esp sv but i dont like those inlays on the sv i want the setup in the youtube vid
also, do you mind the floyd rose? because the RR5 has no trem and you have it between guitars with FRs, so we need to know that too to help you even more
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

I shouldnt have put the RR5, i used to like it but it was the paint job and such i liked, i hated that it lacked a floyd rose
Quote by Graft666
I shouldnt have put the RR5, i used to like it but it was the paint job and such i liked, i hated that it lacked a floyd rose

they make a version with a floyd now

seriously if your talking that money, wait it out and get the RR1

imo deans are a waste of money for what you get, and i prefer jackson RRs to the alexi

best thing is to go and try them though
Top lel.
GEAR
Schecter Omen-6 FloydRose (Gloss Black)
Boss: Metal Zone
Boss: Pw- 10 v-wah
Boss: Ac-2
Crate: BX-40 Bass Amp
Classic Guitar
Schecter: Omen-4 Diamond Series Bass (Walnut Satin)
Peavey huge amp (I dont have it yet just saw it 1 time)
It's always worth saving up more money, and waiting a bit if you have to, in order to get a better guitar. Regardless of what it is. A guitar is something that lasts with you for a long time, and you want it to be worth it.

In this case, out of those options, the RR1 would probably be the best one. In the long run, the advantages would pay off.

That said, I own an ESP SV, and it's easily one of the best guitars I've ever played. I've had a chance to play Custom Shop Jacksons, ESP's, and this one is right up there with them. It's not better (in most cases) but it's as close as you can get from a production line guitar. The RR1 is as well. Personally, I prefer the ESP SV.
get the RR5 with the floyd rose. its an amazing guitar. also my birthday is october 15th
In my experience, ESP/LTD's are always very quality guitars, even the cheapest ones, so I would recommend one. I've never played an expensive Jackson, but I wasn't impressed by the cheap ones. I feel like Dean's are pretty quality too.
If you're willing to spend enough to get the RR1, get the KV2. it's got 24 frets and it costs the same price (fairly certain) There's almost a $1000 gap between the highest and lowest so it's kind of hard to help you if money is a big concern.
Ebay always has the ESP/LTD ALexi 600 SE lol

and i would probably say the Jackson RR1 or the ESP Alexi
Quote by Graft666
I like the mockingbird but not enough to buy it, i dislike SG's, Ibanez's and schecter c-1 hellraisers :P

Plus I'd eventually be putting a Seymour duncan blackout in it

If you like Seymour Duncan Blackouts, there is a Schecter C-1 Blackjack model that comes has a version with an Original Floyd Rose and another one with hardtail. But from the choices you listed I would go with the RR5 (Hardtail version). Don't consider the guitars that have only one pickup because you don't get a variety of tones out of them.
Jackson RR1, no doubt about it. It's the only "metal" guitar I'd ever get.
- Fender American Standard Ash Telecaster w/ DiMarzio Chopper T & Twang King
- Alhambra 5P
- Laney Lionheart L5T-112
- Line 6 POD XT
- Suhr Shiba Drive
- MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay
- Dunlop Cry Baby
I'd just like to say, this guy has a gold top Epiphone and a spider III. We should all know what he should upgrade first.

Out of that list, the RR1. But, get an amp first.
For those who care.
Current Gear
Cort Zenox Z42
Flextone II
Charvel USA So-Cal
Farida M2 Parlour Acoustic
Admira Hand-built Spanish Acoustic
Blackstar HT-5H
Line 6 M13
Yeah dude, get a new amp before you go around throwing money at RR1's.
Edit: The RR1 really is a class instrument though, definately worth saving the extra dough.
HI