Okay, so I'm screwed by this hurricane, and I'm leaving tomorrow to beat traffic.

And I have no idea where I should go.

ANYBODY who knows anything about this storm, any idea about where I should go?

Or any sites, or anything?
Quote by MrDURPEEDURP
o rly?!

i love you fuhevuhs Aero
You should only be afraid of this Ike:

Quote by Teh Forest King
A kid took a fetal pig during pig dissection, put a napkin on it as a cape, wrote "super pig" on it, then threw it out the window onto the greenhouse below, yelling "super pig, blast off!". He failed the pig lab
Not where you live.

Any other UGers live in Texas?
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
Now I'm afraid of 2 Ike's.. crap.

Know of any websites or anything?
Quote by MrDURPEEDURP
o rly?!

i love you fuhevuhs Aero
ike sounds pretty bad, 4 dead in Cuba

and Cuba probably is one of the safest places to stay in tropical storms, so must be pretty bad
Quote by imthehitcher
ike sounds pretty bad, 4 dead in Cuba

and Cuba probably is one of the safest places to stay in tropical storms, so must be pretty bad

What? They're a frigging island. They also have lots of poor neighborhoods, cheap houses, etc.
i'm a texas UGer

i'm living in a dorm at LSU right now but i lived in Houston for 12 years so i know how things go. I just went through Gustav a week and a half ago and i stayed on campus for the storm. riding it out wasn't that bad. just prepare for power outages and stock up on food

other than that, move all your valuables to a safe and dry place in the middle of your house/apartment.

as for leaving, if you live in Houston, you should be okay. if you live down by Matagorda bay, you should def. leave. if you can find a hotel room in houston, find one. if not just go to the woodlands (north of houston) and find a hotel to shack up there for a couple days
Epi Les Paul Standard (vintage sunburst with SD pearly gates pickup in the bridge and SD Alnico II Pro in the neck)
Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 50
Avatar 2x12 (vintage 30 and marshall heritage speakers)
Crybaby 535Q
Boss CE-5
Boss GE-7
Boss TU-2
Didn't even know there was another hurricane coming around...

Welp, I'm safe.. Yay Canada.

I don't actually have any information to help you out though. Uhhh... Good luck with everything and try not to get killed. Everything's bigger in Texas y'know, that means for the time that hurricane is over it, it's diameter will increase by 300%. I've done the math.
Quote by metaldud536
What? They're a frigging island. They also have lots of poor neighborhoods, cheap houses, etc.

but the best preparation for such disasters, ive been there during hurricanes before, the organisation is astonishing

i mean hurricane Katrina went through there, but did you see it end up like New Orleans?

also the housing is of better quality than most residents of US southern states (i.e made of bricks and mortar as opposed to wood)
Quote by imthehitcher
but the best preparation for such disasters, ive been there during hurricanes before, the organisation is astonishing

i mean hurricane Katrina went through there, but did you see it end up like New Orleans?

also the housing is of better quality than most residents of US southern states (i.e made of bricks and mortar as opposed to wood)

Katrina was barely a category 1 when it passed north of Cuba. I was living in Key West during that storm. (was a tropical storm at that point)

And go to New Orleans
Quote by Okeefe Is Legit
Katrina was barely a category 1 when it passed north of Cuba. I was living in Key West during that storm. (was a tropical storm at that point)

And go to New Orleans

ah well i wasn't aware it hadn't picked up by that time

however i would rather be in Cuba for a storm than the US

also:

this doesn't seem to pleasant to me

i remember when Top Gear went there, they were disgusted, rightfully so
Quote by imthehitcher
ah well i wasn't aware it hadn't picked up by that time

however i would rather be in Cuba for a storm than the US

also:

this doesn't seem to pleasant to me

i remember when Top Gear went there, they were disgusted, rightfully so

I was thinking more along the walls of the levees, just in case Ike decides to go a little to the left
i live in houston, and im staying put.. **** IKE!!!
Quote by filthandfury
What if I accidentally wee in her?

When I arrive will God be waiting and pacing around his throne?
Will he feel a little Old Testament?
And will he celebrate with fire and brimstone
Yeah, I admit, I am afraid of the reckoning
i live in baytown, like half an hour east of houston right on the galveston bay system.
as long as it doesn't get too windy it should be alright.
i just hate to lose power. sucks sleeping in the heat
Quote by BlackandSilver
Kill 'em All in St Anger with the help of the Master of Puppets. He can Ride the Lightning, creating a Death Magnetic.

Myspace
Just stay where you are.

God will decide.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by imthehitcher

new orleans is a bowl

cuba is a lump

of course cuba didn't end up like new orleans
you could level every city on the island and it still wouldn't hold water like new orleans
Quote by BlackandSilver
Kill 'em All in St Anger with the help of the Master of Puppets. He can Ride the Lightning, creating a Death Magnetic.

Myspace
Quote by DrPepper09
i live in houston, and im staying put.. **** IKE!!!

I said that about Katrina, and everyone died. Only I live in Nebraska, so whatever.
Write your own lyrics or poetry? Post them HERE for a crit.
Follow me on Twitter
www.weather.com duh.

You'll be fine. I promise.

I've been through Andrew, Lily, Rita, Katrina, and Gustav and it's not nearly as bad as you think.

A few trees will fall and you'll lose power for a few weeks.
froosh has my heart

You are electric?

You love me.