Page 1 of 5
Long story cut short

There's a suburb in sydney (australia) where there was a proposition to build an islamic school, there was uproar in the community so the council knocked back the proposition.
Now the catholic church wants to build a school in the exact same spot and the community is supportive.

I am really ashamed to be part of this country, it's truly sickening.

anyway, to give this thread a point, What's your opinion, and or do you have any similar stories.
Supreme Commander Of The Lolcats Of the UG Army

And that guy, who had that idea, one time

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SIMIAN σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Do I have "similar stories"? No, I don't live in the medieval times.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
religion causes conflict
Quote by deli_creep

*PEAR*

if i get banned....it was worth it.
I home the mildly funny story thread is more interesting, I chose this instead.

But yeah, that's pretty stupid.
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
if your not a secular then country then dont feel guilty mate

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Everyone knows that Islamic people are ALWAYS terrorists

=/

It's stupid.

A lot of people are just scared to imbrace other faiths..
I'm catholic.. and I'm supportive of all religions.. But a lot of people are just.... Stupid?
A thread about being shamed of a country, and it's not the US? And it's Australia?! You won't see that ever again.
Write your own lyrics or poetry? Post them HERE for a crit.
Follow me on Twitter
well you shouldnt be ashamed, its logical that there are more catholics in that suburb then muslims so it makes more sense to put a catholic school there than islam. Unless there is more behind it and people are being discriminating against islams, which you didnt say.
that is gay man. wuts the big deal? ya kno? its an islamic skool. im sure theres tons of catholic skools around there. everythings ****ed up. the US plans to get out of ****in Iraq pretty soon, but NOW i just here on the news that were gonna go searching for bin laden, which was why we started fighting in afganistan in the first place. wtf!
www.myspace.com/getwellcards

"et quand le jour arrive la tourner el ciel et la tourner la mer et la mer eh ven embrasse moi et la deneh ve moi logis"
Quote by garrett5

=/

It's stupid.

I'm catholic.. and I'm supportive of all religions.. But a lot of people are just.... Stupid?

Can you make me an avatar like yours, but with a pig?

and +1

^I'm guessing you're Islamic, and in the same situation as the TS.
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
Or maybe the community is mainly/more Catholic than Islamic and wanted a Catholic school?

Not everything is driven by racism, get over yourself.
Quote by shark38j
You need a Flux Capacitor ........ Oh, wait, that's for time travel.

Quote by GiantRaven
Watch this one lads, I think he has intelligence!

Quote by unplugtheradio
or maybe he has an opinion *GASP*
First of all why be ashamed of an entire country because of one incident. Secondly, maybe the locals didnt want jihad recruitment going on in their neighborhood? Regardless of whether or not the said school was associated with terrorism, the people are entitled to their opinions however wrong they may be.
afraid of bombs but not afraid of catholics? thats messed up
my hovercraft is full of eels
There is only one option.

The UN needs to sanction an elite group of assassins who can kill anyone they see fit. When one of these assassins becomes biased, he is eliminated.
Quote by Ur all $h1t
I stick stuff in my pee hole.

Gear:

Schecter C-1 Classic
Ibanez S670PB
Stratocaster MIM Standard
Marshall MG30 (its purple )
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Quote by dfresh91
well you shouldnt be ashamed, its logical that there are more catholics in that suburb then muslims so it makes more sense to put a catholic school there than islam. Unless there is more behind it and people are being discriminating against islams, which you didnt say.

That's the thing, that suburb has one of the largest muslim populations in australia, but because a few 'real australians' don't want it, it doesnt go ahead.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Garrett,
Same here. I'm Catholic and am supportive of all other religions too. Its like anything, something happens once and the sheep say bahhhhh. They believe that if one does it all do it. Its what drives racism in America, unfortunately. Hopefully one day the world can overcome this type of behavior and I am an optimist so I say one day but then again, humans are, ugh, stupid. I definitely think its a shame that they didn't let the Islamic temple become a part of the community but unless someone or multiple people voice their opinions this type of discrimination will always exist. Good Luck.

Peace,
Lank

Quote by garrett5

=/

It's stupid.

My Gear:
Guitars: Vintage LP, Martin DX-1, Epi Viola Bass,
Amps: Marshall JMD501
Effects: Empty Set right now
they hear islamic school - they're thinking brainwashing kids into becoming terrorists.

Even though I believe in God and think that any (or all) of the three religions from Abraham are right in some way, I'm against faith schools. I think people should be taught about all beliefs and made to make up their mind on their own instead of trying to indoctrinate people with one faith and essentially making them into a mindless tool.
Quote by Meths

I don't think any words should be censored.

Especially faggot since homos aren't real people and all.

Quote by sam b
Man City wont win anything and finish below Arsenal.

city: 3rd + FA cup winners.
arsenal: 4th
Quote by sik209
First of all why be ashamed of an entire country because of one incident. Secondly, maybe the locals didnt want jihad recruitment going on in their neighborhood? Regardless of whether or not the said school was associated with terrorism, the people are entitled to their opinions however wrong they may be.

If I lived in a racist community I would feel ashamed of it. It doesn't matter that their entitled to their opinions.

Jack my swag
Get over yourself??
Quote by John Petrucci
When it comes to practicing, I would spend about 63 hours a day
Quote by sik209

You have no ****ing idea what Jihad is do you, for summary, there are two forms of Jihad, the personal war inside ones self to better yourself.
The second is defence of Islam as a religion, people who are terrorists misinterpret things.

EDIT: we have also had lots of other examples of racial violence, such as the Cronulla Riots.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by gopherthegreat
If I lived in a racist community I would feel ashamed of it. It doesn't matter that their entitled to their opinions.

note he said country not community, although this is slightly irrelevant. Also, nowhere in the TS's post was any racism by the community clearly shown.
australia is starting to have a whole bunch of this stuff happen. a little disappointing, but i live in an area in america where its pretty criminal to not be accepting, berkeley
dont take any guff from these bastards man

Quote by Fenderhippie69
I only smoke when I've been drinking and I only drink when I've been smoking.
Chances are, almost all of the children attending the Islamic school would be Muslim. Seeing a non-Muslim attend an Islamic school is probably a rare sight. I could see why they would want a Catholic school instead of an Islamic school.
I see no sign of fortress.
Quote by Boogie Man
You have no ****ing idea what Jihad is do you, for summary, there are two forms of Jihad, the personal war inside ones self to better yourself.
The second is defence of Islam as a religion, people who are terrorists misinterpret things.

And this has what to do with my post? no need to attack me with your pseudo-intellectual bullshit when nowhere did i claim to be explaining Jihad. If you looked at your own post you would see that the second type is obviously the one im referring to. Also note that i am expressing the way the people in the community might see it, i am not trying to accurately summarize an entire faith.
Quote by sik209
note he said country not community, although this is slightly irrelevant. Also, nowhere in the TS's post was any racism by the community clearly shown.

I have seen interviews some of the people opposing it and they said the didn't want it because it was islamic, and the also spray painted the road with signs that said 'no rag head schools'

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by ultimo101
religion causes conflict

so true, every1 needs to stop believing. im not atheist, i just think there are more logical beliefs to everything, but a god started everything, i guess thats agnostic. im not goin into details or id prolly start in the apples and oranges thred.
Quote by Butters
Do You Know What I Am Saying?

Quote by Towelie
Thats Why towelie always says: Dont forget to bring a towel

Quote by Randall
Honey Badger Dont Give a Shit.

Quote by Phorgot
Chances are, almost all of the children attending the Islamic school would be Muslim. Seeing a non-Muslim attend an Islamic school is probably a rare sight. I could see why they would want a Catholic school instead of an Islamic school.

All the people I know who go to a catholic school are catholics, oddly enough

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by Boogie Man
I have seen interviews some of the people opposing it and they said the didn't want it because it was islamic, and the also spray painted the road with signs that said 'no rag head schools'

In light of this new information (which perhaps should have been included in the first post) my previous post is worthless .
Quote by Boogie Man
Long story cut short

There's a suburb in sydney (australia) where there was a proposition to build an islamic school, there was uproar in the community so the council knocked back the proposition.
Now the catholic church wants to build a school in the exact same spot and the community is supportive.

I am really ashamed to be part of this country, it's truly sickening.

anyway, to give this thread a point, What's your opinion, and or do you have any similar stories.

lol maybe the Islamic shit gave them a idea? ever think of that. also i wouldn't be surprised if the council members were thinking of putting a catholic school there but before they could propose it someone beat them to it. well there going to be fair and let the community decide but no one did, and its just a coincidence that it has to do with religions.
STOP BEING A WOMEN
Quote by Dragforce92
so true, every1 needs to stop believing. im not atheist, i just think there are more logical beliefs to everything, but a god started everything, i guess thats agnostic. im not goin into details or id prolly start in the apples and oranges thred.
Seriously if a god started everything then what started this god. If people are gonna have this kind of logic then 'Bunman greated god, super spagheti man greated bunman, john petrucci greated super spagheti man. Its just going to go on and on. Why does everything have to be created?
Quote by John Petrucci
When it comes to practicing, I would spend about 63 hours a day
Last edited by mitch311 at Sep 10, 2008,
Quote by convictionless
lol maybe the Islamic shit gave them a idea? ever think of that. also i wouldn't be surprised if the council members were thinking of putting a catholic school there but before they could propose it someone beat them to it. well there going to be fair and let the community decide but no one did, and its just a coincidence that it has to do with religions.
STOP BEING A WOMEN

Wow, lol, that's all I can really say, lol

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Ha, there was first the muslim kid being bullied and called terrorist n all that...
Now they won't let the people build a islamic school in the community...

Its just the way people are.
They're mostly xenophobic.
Quote by Boogie Man
Wow, lol, that's all I can really say, lol

well im just being logical, people need to stop seeing everything as a negative, and trust me its human nature but we deny it and say its something bad.
this could be a bad timing incident.
Quote by convictionless
well im just being logical, people need to stop seeing everything as a negative, and trust me its human nature but we deny it and say its something bad.
this could be a bad timing incident.

In this country, the council doesnt propose these things, an individual or corporation does, then the council has to approve it or deny it permission to be built, it was purely community pressure that stopped it from being built.

EDIT: Alsoe I was laughing at the fact that you told me to "stop being a WOMEN"

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by untalented
they hear islamic school - they're thinking brainwashing kids into becoming terrorists.

Even though I believe in God and think that any (or all) of the three religions from Abraham are right in some way, I'm against faith schools. I think people should be taught about all beliefs and made to make up their mind on their own instead of trying to indoctrinate people with one faith and essentially making them into a mindless tool.

This is the exact mentality why people discriminate against muslims.

Its only a very small handful amount of such school which brainwash kids n all. And you find such schools in pretty much every religion.

Most islamic school just teach about god n the way of life n things like that. They're peaceful n no harm to the society.

People should seriously stop looking at muslims as terrorists!
Page 1 of 5