Page 1 of 3
What's your least favorite genre of music?

Be EXTREMELY specific. Like don't just say, for example, rap. Say something like gangsta rap, southern rap, etc.

Ok 2 genres I can't stand are classic country/bluegrass cause it's really redneck sounding and really annoying.
And also "death techno" i.e. terrorcore, splittercore, extratone, etc. I'm the kind of person that falls for fast music but seriously 15,000 bpm techno is not music[edit: IMO]. It just sounds like a mess of samples played ridiculously fast.
Quote by Trowzaa
I immediately clenched my butthole after reading that...
Last edited by vartanspartan at Sep 10, 2008,
I don't think this is going to work out, sorry. The pit isn't ready to hear someone else's opinion on something without arguing with it.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
The sort of white noise genre sort of like a portion of of songs by primus I don't know the names just some stuff my friend shows me all the time. It has alot of mixed in sounds from movies and it sounds like they are ripping apart a computer with the speakers on.

not music >:C
UNLEASH THE FOCKING BURGERS
Death Metal and Black Metal.

The vocals sound like rape and the guitars sound like BUZZ.
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
Quote by guitarnoobie
Any music with guitars.

interesting... wait... *looks at website name*

Quote by Trowzaa
"Gangsta rap," seriously, wearing your pants as low as you can go first started in jails because they didnt have belts, so thats what you want to portray when you do that?

And the grills, never understood it.
Quote by Le_Bunny
Money doesn't fuel good music. Passion does.

Quote by Kensai
I don't think this is going to work out, sorry. The pit isn't ready to hear someone else's opinion on something without arguing with it.

Yep, this isn't going to end well...
Oh f*ck it,
I'm gonna have a party.
I had the blankest year,
I watched life turn into a TV show.
It was totally weird.
Really incoherent bands that have unrecognizable lyrics/ singing. Like the ones that sound like chicken banging. I'm not talking about death metal, but like those horrible emo bands and some crap metal bands
Why do people hate country so much? -_-, geez.

And I hate screamo, I just can't stand it
Quote by Echoplex
Mature pit regulars? Are you retarded?

I am a proud Zune 120 owner
Well I hate the music that jocks will play on their acoustic guitars and it wakes me up at 8AM every morning in the dorm.
Quote by (Metal)lica
"Gangsta rap," seriously, wearing your pants as low as you can go first started in jails because they didnt have belts, so thats what you want to portray when you do that?

omg.... grills are the dumbest thing ever. i don't understand why anyone would willingly make themselves that ugly.

and all you pessimists.. can u actually contribute rather than predict that the thread will fail?
Quote by Trowzaa
Quote by Slaytanic1993
Death Metal and Black Metal.

The vocals sound like rape and the guitars sound like BUZZ.

That is so full of fail. I dont know what death metal your listening too, but it definitley doesnt sound like that.

In Flames, Dark Tranquillity, Arch Enemy, all of those bands have or had(in In flames case) amazing singers.

As for my dislikes. Noise metal. Its like they are too lazy to write real songs or something, so they just make a bunch of noise.
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
I've said this before, and I'll say it again. MUSICAL TOLERANCE. If you don't like a certain genre, that's fine. Just don't go around openly insulting it, because there will be other people who will like that genre.

This is probably going to turn into a flamefest...
*reported*
Signature? What's a signature?

Quote by WlCmToTheJungle
the house burnt down
pics coming soon!
<.<
>,>

Quote by metalscott76
No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best theory lesson EVER!
Indie. The Death Cab, Bright Eyes, Modest Mouse. You know. The bleeding heart intellectual stuff. I graduated from the University of Washington where Death Cab started. He thinks because he achieved a degree, that he is somehow more enlightened. Poetry is not greater than melody. If it were, Kanye West would be selling drugs right now.
Quote by gab4554
Your title should be "What kind of music you dont like"

I dont think anything can be worst than another.

I just kind of implied that "worst" is subjective.
Quote by Trowzaa
Quote by dcdossett65
That is so full of fail. I dont know what death metal your listening too, but it definitley doesnt sound like that.

In Flames, Dark Tranquillity, Arch Enemy, all of those bands have or had(in In flames case) amazing singers.

As for my dislikes. Noise metal. Its like they are too lazy to write real songs or something, so they just make a bunch of noise.

It seems your Sarcasm Detector is broken, mail it to me and I'll fix it for you.
Quote by dcdossett65

I'm assuming you didn't read my sig.

I'm an avid black metal fan, and I adore lots of death metal.
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
i like any music as long as the singer doesnt sound like a meth hooker getting a stick shoved up her pooper and being dragged by her ears.
Quote by vartanspartan

And also "death techno" i.e. terrorcore, splittercore, extratone, etc. I'm the kind of person that falls for fast music but seriously 15,000 bpm techno is not music. It just sounds like a mess of samples played ridiculously fast.

Who are you to say that isn't music?

And I can't stand the mainstream rap (ie. 50 Cent, Lil Wayne ect...) or pop (ie Jonas Brothers).
And I really don't like new country...
Can I just straight up say metal. And pop-punk or whatever that corporate crap is they play on mtv
Quote by John Petrucci
When it comes to practicing, I would spend about 63 hours a day
Quote by dcdossett65

FYI They were being waaaaaay sarcastic. I guess you would need to see their posts and stuff to figure that out, though.

I fail to see the difference in the 2 people.
Quote by Le_Bunny

Really poppy pop music and unoriginal rap. Seriously, have you heard some of the crap that rap artists play nowadays? If someone tried to pass that off as rap in the late '80s or early '90s they would be laughed off the air.
Anything Disney
Quote by carcass255
long hair is cool mate

haircuts are for people in concentration camp
Quote by (Metal)lica

That's Southern Rap idiot.
Quote by Slaytanic1993
I'm assuming you didn't read my sig.

I'm an avid black metal fan, and I adore lots of death metal.

Definitley didnt read it. Cheers to you then. Death metal ftw!
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
Quote by tonedeafidiot
Really poppy pop music and unoriginal rap. Seriously, have you heard some of the crap that rap artists play nowadays? If someone tried to pass that off as rap in the late '80s or early '90s they would be laughed off the air.

yoooooouuuu!!!!!! soulja boy up in it oooooooo!!!!!!!!!! superman dat hooooooe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

who the hell signed that guy??
Quote by Trowzaa
Quote by vartanspartan
yoooooouuuu!!!!!! soulja boy up in it oooooooo!!!!!!!!!! superman dat hooooooe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

who the hell signed that guy??

A very rich man/and or hoe
I really dislike death metal crap like Arch Enemy. I also dislike the modern "alternative" (the people around me call it that, and flame me for calling it screamo/emo) music, like The Almost, The Chiodos etc.
Quote by HostileFTW
That's Southern Rap idiot.

Well that just shows I dislike it enough to not know what it is.
Quote by Le_Bunny

all that indie/alt/modern stuff that really can be called emo pisses me off. No one wants to be called emo, but face the fact that the band you listen to is EMO. anyway, some rap is good, and although i like some of lil waynes stuff.. its not all great. 50 cent is nothing special, and all really current music, "z100" music if you live in the tristate area... pisses me off

Saying the Red Hot Chili Peppers have no talent is like saying Guy Fawkes didn't have an epic mustache.
Page 1 of 3