hello.

im trying to find a song to learn to play cause right now im completely out of songs i like or have heard of.....kind of.

first off im not that good. i dont know shiit about musical theory or scales. i know how to read tabs though.

second off. ive been playing for about 5 months, so im not that amazingly shred tastic

third. i can do basic power chords and barre chords, so i can do that.

4th, im kinda of into the more heavy stuff like metal, hard rock, punk rock, metalcore alternative and kinda pop rock and all that. i basically listen to all that remains, disturbed, rise against, green day, yellowcard, simple plan and everything

EDIT: happy
Last edited by dethklokrulz! at Sep 10, 2008,
listen to some tool and learn those some of those riffs. then go throw out your green day, yellow card, and simple plan cd's.
o ya, heavy stuff like green day, simple plan, and yellow card
when the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace

Starsceam of the Decepticon Transformers G1 Club
PM irishmatt1992 To Join!
try some white stripes or three days grace those are a couple of my favs

it is pretty easy stuff as well
Gear
Epiphone Les Paul
Cheap Acoustic
Marshall MG10
Peavy TNT130

dude i was the same way just now four years later i can play just bout anything any song u like get the tabs and try to play them eventullay you will get. but for starters play some metallica or iron madien i know its tough but doin things the hard way is the only way to really learn start with the unforgiven ffor your metallica and the tropper for maiden
im in the fastlane on the highway to hell
Quote by syd-young
dude i was the same way just now four years later i can play just bout anything any song u like get the tabs and try to play them eventullay you will get. but for starters play some metallica or iron madien i know its tough but doin things the hard way is the only way to really learn start with the unforgiven ffor your metallica and the tropper for maiden

thanks dude ill start with trooper
I'd say at 5 months it's time to learn a couple scales. Give the Major and Minor Pentatonic scales and the blues scale a whirl. It'll expand your playing dramaticly and let you go beyond playing songs, not to mention when you run across a scale in a song or solo, you'll recognize it and know where to go without needing a tab.
-Guitar Gear-
1995 American Fender Strat, EMG 85 pup
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
Play what you love, love what you play
Quote by Garou1911
I'd say at 5 months it's time to learn a couple scales. Give the Major and Minor Pentatonic scales and the blues scale a whirl. It'll expand your playing dramaticly and let you go beyond playing songs, not to mention when you run across a scale in a song or solo, you'll recognize it and know where to go without needing a tab.

major and minor pentatonic scales.
ok ill look em up
scales always a great idea i should work on learning mine
anyway u mite want to try some as i lay dying, the darkest nights is a pretty easy song by them
Quote by altoidwithmelon
You dont lose your virginity, you voluntarily misplace it.

Quote by Ur all $h1t
You should bottle up all of your emotions till they become a problem that requires professional help.
It's good for the economy.

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/rabidpitweasels/
if you're already used to chords/power chords, look for songs with single note riffs in them, and work on those. even though you can only read tabs, there's likely to be tabbed out scales. Scales are important, you'll actually understand why and how certain notes sound well together, instead of just doing guesswork.

Writing your own stuff is way more fun than just playing material that's already been thought of.

GL

edit: as for people suggesting specific songs to you....it's better for you to just find out what you enjoy, rather than people telling you what to play.