Its my first time having one so I guess I'm a newbie. But according to google, I'm not the only one.

Anyway, I've tried to follow many guides including one on this site, (cross tuning and what not), but no matter how many times I tune and repeat. It keeps going out of tune, the bridge is going way high, and its uncomfortable having it that high so even if I did get them tuned, I wouldn't be able to play. (I Like my strings closer to the frets).

And, there are a few things. For one, the screws on the back of the guitar are all the way in, so thats not why the bridge is going up like there's a boat coming under(drawbridge get it?).

Anyway, help would be supah appreciated. Oh and its a Schecter C-1 with floating trem.

(Sorry if its the wrong forum, there wasn't one that clearly said "HELP ME I FAWKED MY NEW GUITAR UP")
Last edited by VcentG at Sep 10, 2008,
When that happens add more springs or the ones you have now are shot. How many do you have in and what gauge are you using?
You say that the screws in the back are all the way in... does that mean you've adjusted the springs as tight as possible? If you haven't then definitely start tightening your springs.

Otherwise, you may just need to get a few extra springs. Did you by any chance jump a bunch of string gauges?
Signature? What's a signature?

Quote by WlCmToTheJungle
the house burnt down
pics coming soon!
<.<
>,>

Quote by metalscott76
No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best theory lesson EVER!
so many of these threads *bashs head into keyboard* try the search bar first. then return with your question, for i have no problem with my floyd rose.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
i love me some bunnys

--> --> --> -->

Anybody up for a WookieCore Band? You let me know.

Watch me as i Rock on...
yeah, you might want to include the gauge of your strings. if they're too heavy, they can draw your floyd rose up. if they're too light they can fall way out of tuning.
you need to add springs in the trem cavity.

also, take this to the floyd setup thread in the EG section sticky.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by Raiderkid38
so many of these threads *bashs head into keyboard* try the search bar first. then return with your question, for i have no problem with my floyd rose.

I used search kthxbai.

Anyway, they're .0105-.048. And I have 3 springs in the back.
add springs and take this to the floyd setup thread.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011