I'm thinking about getting this amp.

I play blues/rock/jazz/funk and pop.

Mostly blues and rock though.

So is this any good for what I'm playing? I do realize there are no effects on it because I'll be using my own pedals.

Thanks.
Are you gigging? Would you be willing to go used? Where do you live? What's your budget.

It's not a bad amp, but for the money you can do better me thinks. In the same price range a classic 30 wins over this amp every day of the week.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Prices are different in different countries. Also, 600 pounds is a lot more money than 600 dollars.
Ooo, I'd look into a traynor of some sort, made in Canada and very good sounding amps. My personal favorite is the YCV50Blue, does the marshall crunch better than anything marshall is putting out nowadays. Very nice cleans too. 50 watts is plenty for a gig, but not so unreasonable where you won't be able to get some power tube saturation.
Blues Junior is a fine amp, but if your gigging 15 watt's may not be enough. If you like the sound of the "american" voicing better then a "british" (In which I would reccomend a classic 30) voicing get a Blues Deluxe. I love mine.

Oh and go used, you'll be much happier
American Strat:
Area 61 Neck, Area 67 Middle & Bridge
Spretzel Locking Tuners
Graphtech Nut & String Tree
Lots O' Love!

JSX + Orange Cab
Fender Blues Deluxe
Deluxe Memory Man
Fulltone Full Drive 2 & OCD
H2O Chorus/Echo
I'm not sure what you're asking there. Most things usually sell for less than their list price.
the basic blues junior is good because of it's affordable price.

when they start adding cost to the amp, without adding an additional channel or standby, it kind of loses its charm.

i know canada is more expensive, but in the states you can get a barely used Bjr for $300.

a new speaker from weber and you're good as gold. just something to keep in mind.

also, if i lived in canada i'd definately check out Traynor.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
yeah...I love the blues junior but it is lacking in some areas. Unfortunately the next step up for Fender is the HRD or Blues Delux but the Hot Rod Delux may be too much... The Peavey Classic 30 new or used is a great way to go if you can make it happen...Look craigslist.com for your area. They do Canada now I see. Traynors are great amps from every single thing i've heard and they are made up there so you may get better value that way.

If I didn't say it Fender has a gap they could easily fill if they wanted to.