Eell im in a jazz band at my school, and my badn teacher said the song were playing is in the key of Eb.
the chord progression is
CMI (add9) Dbma7 CMI(add9) G7sus G7.
i would love all of you if you could help me out here.
maybe he means e minor. if you want to improvise in the key of g you have to play the minor scale in e.
Quote by Vagabond21
Ewww the searchbar is a slut, it gets used everyday...

Quote by tremeloud

The brain says "hey, lets be friends" and the dick says "hey, lets get those clothes off, eh?"

Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
Yeaaaaaah, Huuuuuhuuuu, Saaaaaaah and MASTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR are all Hetfield memes.
I was in a jazz band once.....

For only one year, for the very reason!

all i can say is play them in triads, as high up as you can get them. Gives it a nice smooth sound.

EDIT: wait wait wait, the key is in E flat then.....
C minor=Eb major. The key signature at the beginning of the score is probably Bb, Eb, and Ab, which is they key of Eb. The chord progression is a C minor progression, not unlike Blue Bossa.
Megadeth > Metallica
Gibson > Fender
Randy Rhoads > Everybody

Quote by gamenerd323
451f you sig is the truest thing in the world

My sig > Yours
So i could either improv in C minor or Gminor?

EDIT: by the way, what are triads?
Last edited by metul kult at Sep 10, 2008,
Quote by metul kult
So i could either improv in C minor or Gminor?

EDIT: by the way, what are triads?

triads are 3 note chords
song stuck in my head today

yep the song is in C minor but G minor would work especially well over the g7sus and g7 chords
if you want to improvise in the key of g you have to play the minor scale in e.

...what?

TS: As was said, it seems to be in C minor. The V-i resolution is a dead giveaway. That said, could you elaborate on the second chord (Dbma7)? Do you mean major 7 or minor 7?

G minor would work especially well over the g7sus and g7 chords

Over a G7, yes, as it would imply an altered scale. I would be reluctant to use it over a 7sus chord though, at least until I figured out what every one else is doing. Depending on who you're playing with, mixolydian seems less risky.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.