Page 1 of 7
ill start by saying that my school is run my an Ex Priest who was forced to step down from the church because he had an affair with one of the nuns a few years back. The school is run by a bunch of fascist pigs whos only intent is to take away every freedom we have.

No i know that every school has a no cellphone policy but mine has gone too far.

This year they are now STRICTLY enforcing their policy. If you pull your cell fone out to check wat time it is, if a teacher sees it, BAM!! you are immediately forced to give it to the teacher and they call an administrator to come up and take it to the office. If you refuse to give it up, they suspend you. Now thats not even the worst part. You cant get your cell phone back unless your parents come to the school, go in the main office and pay a fine of like...$2-5. If your parents refuse to pay the fine, you dont get your fone back.

I think this should be illegal. They cant be allowed to confiscate your property, then charge you money to get it back. what do you guys think on this?

edit: and i know its just a few dollars, but still thats not the point.
Peavey XXX combo *upgraded screen resistors, Tung-Sol's, and 6L6's*
Schecter Syn Std. * modded, scalloped, and worn*
Schecter C-1 Elite *still sexy*
Ibanez AEL 12-string

"He who sticks his dick in peanut butter is fucking nuts"
Our school does this, but without the charging money bit. If you have it out of your locker, it gets confiscated.

Stop whining about your school's rules and get over it.
Did you know the odds of a Vault-Tec shelter failing are 1,763,497 to 1?

So imagine life in a Vault-Tec Vault. Not just a future.
A brighter future... underground.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.
they can confiscate it, but not charge for it (i think)

quit complaining we can't have our cellphone on campus at all
grok it.

SKREAM!

Listen to jazz, it's good for you...
Same with our school too. It's a law now actually.
BRIGHT LIGHTS PUT ME IN A TRANCE.
but it aint house music that makes me want to dance.
suggestion: don't get your phone out to check the time. we have these things called watches. they're an unheard of technology, I know, but apparently they fulfil this function quite well.

who'd have thunk it?
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
The same thing is in place at my school.... IN MARYLAND. Eh, it just sucks I can't listen to music in the morning now.
wait so your telling me that at your school all i have to do is take out my phone, not give it to the teacher and i get like what 2 days out of school? sounds awesome. i wish they did that for me when i was in school.
it is legal

But the schools around where i grew up never really had any laws. I was talking to a girl i know at our highschool one day when a guy brought a gun to school to get updates.
Yeah, that's pretty bad.

Our policy:
1st time caught: confiscated for 24 hours.
2nd: confiscated, parents pick it up.
3rd: 5 day suspension.

We can't use it anywhere in the building. It pisses me off because there is NO harm using it at lunch, before school, etc.
Don't use you phone? Seems easy enough.
myspace.com/theunwantedjellybean <--- Add It!
aren't there clocks in the classroom???
grok it.

SKREAM!

Listen to jazz, it's good for you...
every school does that. they hear or see your phone. your busted. you pick it up at the dean's office. and schedule your detention
we have to pay 15 dollars, quit bitching =|
Quote by filthandfury
What if I accidentally wee in her?

When I arrive will God be waiting and pacing around his throne?
Will he feel a little Old Testament?
And will he celebrate with fire and brimstone
Yeah, I admit, I am afraid of the reckoning
Quote by Lemoninfluence
suggestion: don't get your phone out to check the time. we have these things called watches. they're an unheard of technology, I know, but apparently they fulfil this function quite well.

who'd have thunk it?

No way. i never though of that.

Seriously, TS, you're the reason why the admidistration hates teenagers.
They don't have a strict right to do that, but it's very disrespectful to a teacher who's trying to teach and all the kids are yakking on their cellphones.
It's legal.

At my school teachers aren't allowed to confiscate phones, mp3 players, etc.. this year anymore. Too many kids stole other peoples' things from the teachers' desks, so they made it so teachers can't take them anymore, but you have to fill out some form saying you had it out if your teacher catches you with it out during class.

I feel I have it REALLY lucky...
Doesn't sound legal to me.
Gear:
Epiphone G-400 Ebony
Line-6 UberMetal, EchoPark
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Traynor YCV50Blue, Bass Mate 25, Guitar Mate 15
Quote by jeremessmore
also learn to read an analog clock or get a watch

they require training to use?

gosh damn those new inventors for making this hard to understand technology.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by dubstar92
they can confiscate it, but not charge for it (i think)

quit complaining we can't have our cellphone on campus at all

I would say it's legal to charge a fine for breaking rules. I would rather pay $5 then have a 3 hour detention, like my school does, anyway.
Saint Louis Blues
im talking about charging to get it back.

and half of the classrooms in my school dont even have clocks.
Peavey XXX combo *upgraded screen resistors, Tung-Sol's, and 6L6's*
Schecter Syn Std. * modded, scalloped, and worn*
Schecter C-1 Elite *still sexy*
Ibanez AEL 12-string

"He who sticks his dick in peanut butter is fucking nuts"
Quote by rock_on986
Don't use you phone? Seems easy enough.

Agreed, It is a stupid rule, but why take your phone out then?
i just wouldnt give it up its worth it

because you piss off the teacher and administrators with a bad attitude and you lose alot of respect from them so you can be known as an asshole

in my opinion i would rather be remebered as an asshole to administrators then a good kid
According to the Supreme Court case from the '80s of TLO v. New Jersey, school administrators need only to suspect that some possession in destracting the learning process in order to confiscate it. So yeah, it's legal. Even the money bit.
Megadeth > Metallica
Gibson > Fender
Randy Rhoads > Everybody

Quote by gamenerd323
451f you sig is the truest thing in the world

My sig > Yours
Quote by TylerDurden24

because you piss off the teacher and administrators with a bad attitude and you lose alot of respect from them so you can be known as an asshole

in my opinion i would rather be remebered as an asshole to administrators then a good kid

Maybe when you actually get to high school, you'll realise that isn't cool to be an asshole and there's nothing to gain from being one. Nothing that matters anyway.
Stop bitching, bitch.

The Pit has shown u no sympathy...
I'm an "08er". You Mad?
Last edited by Travie88 at Sep 10, 2008,
Wow, that sucks. At my school, the teachers will just tell you to put it away. It does depend on the teacher, though. Some will take it, only for the class, though. Other teachers will just tell you to put it away, they'll even say it nicely.
Seriously? My school is like that. I'm betting that you're exaggerating to make people feel sorry for you about the charging of getting it back. If a teacher hears a phone in our school, you get it taken away, not even if they see it. If you don't give it, you get suspended, and you won't get your phone back for three days.

Quote by TylerDurden24

Basically what delirium said. You get looked down to if you're an asshole. At my school, if you do, you'll probably get so much shit about it, you'll move schools.
Write your own lyrics or poetry? Post them HERE for a crit.
Follow me on Twitter
Last edited by brandon369852 at Sep 10, 2008,
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Maybe when you actually get to high school, you'll realise that isn't cool to be an asshole and there's nothing to gain from being one. Nothing that matters anyway.

i was an asshole and i did- oh wait nevermind...
Forget taking the phone away. I'd be more concerned with the fact that my school doesn't even teach the proper spelling of 'phone'.
<Han> I love Hitler
Quote by bjovi400
im talking about charging to get it back.

and half of the classrooms in my school dont even have clocks.

noone really wears watches anymore. People just use cellphones
We have a big clock in our courtyard, it runs all clocks in school, when i get to school at 7 AM the clock says 1:30

..Maybe, they should fix this.
Poop.

Yes, poop.
dude
1) Theres clocks in room or there should be anyway
2) They are allowed to take your phone if its against school policy at least i think becasuse my school does this to but only if u have it out like 4 times in one class
3) Your a ****ing jew if you are unwilling to pay a fine as small as $5
Quote by MagicsDevil

29 internets to you, good sir.

Quote by undecided1993
Well I apologise for not taking pictures of my naked mother.

Pokémon SoulSilver Friend code:0775-6767-8676