So, I have decided to change the gauge of my strings. can someone recommend me some good 9's?
Call me Jack.
All that you love...
...you must love now.
My Gear:
PRS Custom 24
Standard MIM Tele
Larrivée LV-09E
Rivera Clubster 45 112 Combo Tube
Boss ME-20 Multi-effects pedal
Boss OC-3 Super octave pedal
My own home-made octave-up pedal
why would you go down to 9's? 10 is pretty much the standard guitars ship with, anything thicker is some metalheads trying to get heavier when the problem really lies in the amp they're using.
Guitars
Amps
Quote by Matt15f
why would you go down to 9's? 10 is pretty much the standard guitars ship with, anything thicker is some metalheads trying to get heavier when the problem really lies in the amp they're using.

not necesarilly heavier if ur playing drop c. c standard or anything lower alot of ppl will use 11's to tighten the tension so u dont have ur strings so loose u can barely play.
Quote by Matt15f
why would you go down to 9's?

Cause he damn well feels like it.

What have you used before? Are you changing for less tension or more tension?
My personal preference is the Dean Markley vintage custom lites (9-46). They have the light feel of 9s on the unwounds and the tightness and twang of 10s on the wounds. The DM Vs also have the best feel and sound of those strings I've tried which includes D'Addario (good), GHS (awful) and Ernie Ball (okay).

But this is just personal preference (as is your choice of string gauge).
Quote by Mary Just
wait, you're changing to 9's? why?

why not make only 1 string gauge type.? Why not only make one kind of pick? why not only make one kind of overdrive?
Mate, tip #1, never go DOWN. Unless you want the cheapish sound. If you have 10's go up to 11's or even jump to 12's.

Think about 9's before you get them, because if they're a shit quality, they will sound like shit.
<|ĐÞŞ|>
Dead Puppy Society
=When the going gets tough, the tough get going=