I know this probably isnt the right place for this thread but I didnt know where else to post it. But that aside does anyone know what type of amp should be used with an electric violin, would a bass or guitar amp work?
try a PA. It'll keep your tone cleaner just like people do with acustic guitars, or you could try and accustic guitar amp?
Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Gibson Explorer New Century
Gibson RD Artist
Fender American Standard Telecaster

Amps:

Framus Cobra
Marshall JCM800 2203 - 1960A

Pedals:

Crybaby 535Q
Rockbox Boiling Point Overdrive
I've seen a lot of people use the Vox Adt amps.
“In my anguish I cried to the LORD, and he answered by setting me free. The LORD is with me; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?”
Quote by R.D
try a PA. It'll keep your tone cleaner just like people do with acustic guitars, or you could try and accustic guitar amp?

Yeah I kinda figured that a pa would work, its just that I dont have one of those at the moment, whereas I have several guitar amps and a bass amp.
A PA system seems logical, as R.D said.
Guitars:
'11 Gibson Buckethead LP
'97 Fender Cali Series Strat
?? Samick Bass
'01 Fernandes Dragonfly Elite
Well, I'd also recommend the keyboard amp, that way you have your own monitor if you do eventually use a PA.
“In my anguish I cried to the LORD, and he answered by setting me free. The LORD is with me; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?”
Quote by JesusLives
Well, I'd also recommend the keyboard amp, that way you have your own monitor if you do eventually use a PA.

You do make a good point.
Either a PA or keyboard amp would work, but if you ask me, an acoustic guitar amplifier may be a bit better.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
In all honesty, I'd get a big Marshall Stack, all tube of course, and crank that thing up. That would be the most amazing violin tone ever.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Quote by Sid McCall
In all honesty, I'd get a big Marshall Stack, all tube of course, and crank that thing up. That would be the most amazing violin tone ever.

Haha! Holy shit, this man ROCKS!

All my kudos to you, man

( by the way, i went and bought that TC Electronics pedal today )
Guitars:
'11 Gibson Buckethead LP
'97 Fender Cali Series Strat
?? Samick Bass
'01 Fernandes Dragonfly Elite
Quote by bluezombie
Haha! Holy shit, this man ROCKS!

All my kudos to you, man

( by the way, i went and bought that TC Electronics pedal today )

Hahaha thanks! I saw your thread, I hope it works well for you!
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite