I got some money saved up and I would like to buy a new Charvel San Dimas does anybody own one and are they as good as the old ones I have a Charvel model 1 and model 5 and two Charvettes and all are great players. thanks
You mean the production models? Wait a little for a used one. I say that because I think for having a Korean Floyd, three piece body, and crappy appointments in regard to the pickgaurd and control knob, they are not worth the list price most dealers are asking for them atm, but maybe some of them will cut you a deal on one for the MAP (whatever that is)
I thought the san dimas dont have pickguards I may be wrong and why is charvel saying is made in the states if they put overseas trems that sucks thanks for the info
90% of guitars have overseas parts on them. You're right, the SD don't have the pickguards.
Wait...

Having a trem from Germany is waaaaaaay different than getting one from china. Carvin tries to stay as much as american as possible... Plus it'll be way more bang for your buck.

Just a suggetion.
Your right about Carvin the only problem is you have to buy it before you try it if only i knew someone that had one to try em there great looking guitars
Quote by nan0
Wait...

Having a trem from Germany is waaaaaaay different than getting one from china. Carvin tries to stay as much as american as possible... Plus it'll be way more bang for your buck.

Just a suggetion.

It's made in Korea. The materials are the same. People same to like them, but comment the finishes are not as nice and the assembly isn't as tight. I get the feeling Charvel is not the only one using them. I did an ebay check, and MAP on these seems to be about $899. That is a good deal imo.